E46 330 rack into E30

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dswenfl
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    Definitely post pics and what mods are necessary.

    Is there a particular reason you didn't just go with an E36 rack or did you just feel like seeing what it would take to the make the E46 unit work?
    I was going to do a z3 rack for the ratio, however the price was around 100 dollars more (If I keep parts under 300 dollars at a time wife doesn't flip when I don't tell her). After doing research I found the ratio of the 330 e46 was similarly as quick (on paper), was progressive vs linear allowing for sneeze room on the highway, and I had heard of people doing the swap and wanted to see what it took exactly to do the swap. Worse case scenario it doesn't work, however, folks swap e46 racks into e36's so doubtful this will happen.

    Supposedly shipped yesterday, hopefully it will be here by this weekend so i can do the swap, if not it will have to wait due to work 2 weeks.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Definitely post pics and what mods are necessary.

    Is there a particular reason you didn't just go with an E36 rack or did you just feel like seeing what it would take to the make the E46 unit work?

    Leave a comment:


  • CorvallisBMW
    replied
    I've never heard of anyone putting the e46 rack in to an e30, only the e36 rack. Sub'd to see results.

    Leave a comment:


  • dswenfl
    started a topic E46 330 rack into E30

    E46 330 rack into E30

    Well my rack shit the bed today, decided to put in an e46 rack 25892-330ci from rack doctor, just ordered the rack. Total cost of rebuilt rack was 239.00. Putting it in an airbagged car along with my rebuilt engine.

    M20 bored to 85mm with VAC 10.25 stroker pistons
    81mm crank
    Stock 135mm rods
    19 lb injectors
    272 cam Ireland Engineering
    1mm oversized valves
    Port and polished head
    NO MAF yet
    Stock Exhaust

    Will modify the firewall, some folks say nothing to the steering knuckle, will find out soon enough.

    If anyone is interested will post pics of the install
Working...