No announcement yet.

Where are you buying short Konis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ix insert works really well !!! I cut off 2 inches with 6 inch spring, I have all the adjustment I want. I don't remember the exact size of the spacer I put.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=319393

Comment

OK guys, finally got my strut housings off, cutting them up this afternoon. Just one more lame question, what are you all using for spacers to make up the difference between how much you cut and how much shorter the insert is?
      For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
      Originally posted by mbonanni
      I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

just cut the tubes to the right length for the struts? I think you want about 1/8" sticking out the top or something.

my koni race inserts came with these little rings for that though.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

If I cut 4" out of my housings I'd be totally dumped, all the time always. Like, iS lip scraping on flat surface. I'm using some tubing I had in the basement.
          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
            If I cut 4" out of my housings I'd be totally dumped, all the time always. Like, iS lip scraping on flat surface. I'm using some tubing I had in the basement.
            So you went with IX koni's and cut 2 inches? I think this is what I'm going to do, I'd love to see some photos.

Comment

Yeah it was a little more than 2. Like 2.5. With the standard 6" springs from the GE kit turned all the way up, it's still lower than it was with them all the way down with stock length housings. I'll try to get pics tonight.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Also now my 215/40R17's are too big for the front fenders haha. Rears can still come down some, going to do that tonight hopefully.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

I'm still playing with the ride height, rear needs to come down, front does too. Need to pound the fuck out of my front fenders first.

It will be lower, don't worry. This is about as high as it goes with the new suspension. GE coils with iX Konis. Housings shortened like 2.5", 5" springs. 215/40R17 tires. Photos suck, I feel like uploading from my phone to Imgur didn't help anything.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

It really depends on where you weld the perches too
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Would love to hear your opinion on the ride quality.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                        Would love to hear your opinion on the ride quality.
                        So much better than Bilstein. I have the Konis a quarter turn from full stiff and now the car rides like it has a "sports" suspension, not hydraulic rams for front dampers. It doesn't feel bouncy in the front, either, so even at almost full soft it seems the dampers can keep the stiff springs in check. Once I have the height set I'm going to experiment with the dampening.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                          It really depends on where you weld the perches too
                          True. I set them up so that the threaded collars are just below the top of the strut tube. Maybe 1/8" between the gland nut and the collar. I honestly forget how long the collar is.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

In interesting. I think I'm going to go with that same set up, that sounds nice.

Comment

So much better than Bilstein.
                              agreed. I'll never run Bilstein again.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                                agreed. I'll never run Bilstein again.
                                Interesting. Can you elaborate on why you believe koni>billies? Looking to upgrade in the near future.
                                ~Stay Thirsty~

Comment

Working...
                                X