Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AKG motorsport ??

Hi everybody,

I found a BMW solid, urethane & delrin bushing provider, named AKG motorsport.

http://www.akgmotorsport.com/

Does anyone have used their products, and if yes, do you have any feedbacks.

they have motor and tranny mounts bushings, diff bushings, all solid metal or poly/delrin.

It seems that for the CAB's they have 6 different designs :
    - centered polyurethane 70A hardness.
    - centered delrin or polyurethane 70D hardness ( harder than 70A ).
    - offset delrin or polyurethane 70D hardness.
    - specialy designed solid caster adjustable all metal brackets.

I am quite interested in their products, and would like to know if anybody has used them.

thanks for any informations you can provide.
    Cheers / Pierre
    1988 E30 ALPINA B3 2.7 #224/257 Made in Buchloe

see more : http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=71686&referrerid=12460

The PRO3 car I work on has the solid alum motor mounts. We havent had any problem with them. Sorry, I dont have more insight into the other products...
    -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

I have there trans motor mounts cabs and diff bushing. Amazing stuff and you cant beat the price! I say go with them.

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta
        I have there trans motor mounts cabs and diff bushing. Amazing stuff and you cant beat the price! I say go with them.
        Do you notice a difference with the poly diff bushing?
        - Sean Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by Sean
          Do you notice a difference with the poly diff bushing?
          Yes of course! I replace the diff bushing this past weekend. My stock one suckkkeedd!!!! I hit it with a hammer and it broke into pieces. All my suspesion is
          urethane now. With the poly diff bushing everything is alot more stiffer and tighter. Also helped me with this little problem this past weekend.

Comment

Pictures ?

Hi E30 Gangsta,

thanks for your answer.
            Do you have actually some pictures of your AKG CAB's installed ??

Also is the ride very harsh for daily use or it's just stiffer ? more vibrations ??

cheers / Pierre

see more : http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=71686&referrerid=12460

Comment

Ill be getting hom within 3 hours and ill snap some pics for you. Ima be all tired off work and still take pics. All for r3v. Gimme a couple of hours...

Comment

Great !

Hi E30 gangsta,

that is greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to those pictures.

I am torn between the Powerflex and the AKG, I am leaning towards the AKG.

Talk t'ya soon / Pierre

Comment

The cabs are the best money ever spent. I didnt feel any upgrade in noise vibration or harshness. Only things that give a noticable amount of nvh is subframe bushings and motor and trans mounts. Also the Tree house racing cabs give alot of nvh seeing as there all metal i belive.

Comment

any reason you didn't get offset bushings?
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Solid metal engine mounts are a BAD idea, even for race-only applications. Motor mounts need to dampen the vibration of the engine, otherwise nuts and bolts you didnt even know existed are going to start coming undone & cracks can start to develop, among other problems.

High durometer urethane or delrin is another story, though.
                      87 325IS - Delphin Grey/Cardinal

Comment

Originally posted by IS
                        Solid metal engine mounts are a BAD idea, even for race-only applications. Motor mounts need to dampen the vibration of the engine, otherwise nuts and bolts you didnt even know existed are going to start coming undone & cracks can start to develop, among other problems.
                        i am constantly trying to sway a friend from making these for his miata. just riding with him in autox on his heavy coils and tight dampers puts a kink in my kidneys enough to know it cant be right for the engine to sit solid on that. ouch

Comment

Ot puchase the offset cabs because they increase caster. The driving that I like doing increased caster would hurt me more than benefit me. More caster equals better high speed stability, think like a chopper motorcycle. Less caster or stock caster = better turnin hence why I didn't choose the offset cabs.

Comment

I see. my car has like 1.2 degrees stock, so any increased amount is a good thing!
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

thanks

E30 gangsta,

thanks for the great pictures !!

I will need the centered one because I already have the Alpina upper strut bearings, which give more caster and camber...

By the way, it looks like you mounted your control arms with grease into the bushing. Is that really grease ? How often you have to put grease on them ??

The BMW original CAB's are tight on the arm and the rotational flex of the bushing is part of the load control on the arms. How about the AKG poly bushings ? are they suppose to act only as a pivot ??

Thanks for help.
                              Regards / Pierre

Comment

Working...
                              X