Bilstien backorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bilstien backorder

Has anyone heard anything on the bilstien backorder? I have been waiting for my shocks and struts for the e30 for a few months. I have heard they are moving to a new factory and will hopefully be shipping end of this month but can not find any updates on progress.

WHATTTT. I was about to order Sports and have my HDs revalved.

Sub'd for more info.
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

I haven't heard anything new.
      Ordered rear shocks back in March, my supplier said backorder was 2-3 months from that time. After that order was placed, I reached out to numerous other BMW parts suppliers... all told me they're backordered.

I should've done some research first, countless threads/discussions about this issue. Apparently most people's inventories dried up in Dec-Jan (this is for ALL Bilstein shocks/struts btw...not just BMW specific ones). I've heard "late April" rumored a few places.. which is almost inline with what my supplier said.

At this point I'd be lucky if I even got them by May.

Apparently they've moved central factories or warehouses or something major that's caused this.

Comment

I was able to get the last pair of front from my shop supply house in Feb, rears have been out even longer. They still have plenty of Bilstein touring, though. They have had 100 sets on order for several months, last I spoke with them (two weeks ago), no projected delivery date.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Look like I may try out Konis... Even though I don't want to.
          20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

So are the E30 Bilsteins NLA now, or did the factory burn down? Mine still have a couple of years left in them, but I would like to think that I could replace my HD's someday if I wanted to!

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Koni's are also on backorder (rears).

Comment

Gods way of telling everyone to buy Konis.
                Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                Alice the Time Capsule
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Bilsteins for the older E9 coupes are now back-ordered. Jeez..
                  ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Glad I ordered my Koni's a couple weeks ago. They came within 7 days and no issues at all. Ordered them from Shox.com, very helpful and processed everything very quickly
                    Steve • Toronto
                    1991 318is • Brillantrot
                    Build Thread

Comment

Broken record here...does anyone know if this a temporary issue (supply chain difficulties?), or are us E30 folks looking at these going NLA?

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
                        Broken record here...does anyone know if this a temporary issue (supply chain difficulties?), or are us E30 folks looking at these going NLA?
                        I don't think it's E30-specific. Parts for the E9X cars are on backorders too, there are threads talking about it on E90Post. I think it's just Bilstein in general.
                        '90 325is + S52

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X