Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Help! Stock Sway Bar popped out of place.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help! Stock Sway Bar popped out of place.

I jacked my car up to change my tire. Afterwards I drove around and notice a lot of body roll when I make a right hand turn.

My sway bar popped out of place and I haven't been able to to just push it back in. If anyone have any advice getting in back in place please let me know. I am also doing a search, but any advice would help. I need the car fixed ASAP so I can drive to work in the morning.

the rubber on your link is worn out, even if you get it back on it will just come off again.

new links are in the $20 range.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      the rubber on your link is worn out, even if you get it back on it will just come off again.

new links are in the $20 range.
      Yep +1
      Originally posted by cabriodster87
      "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
      Originally posted by Kershaw
      i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

I had the same issues.

I bought new links, no change.

I noticed the links used "castle" nuts. I took the whole mess apart, lubricated it with lithium grease, and re-tightened the castle nuts. Same issue, no change.

I loosened the castle nuts to allow some movement. Have not had an issue in half a year...

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Thanks for the info.. I am still working on getting it back in there. Keep the ideas coming.

Comment

mine did the same... use some slip joints. they worked perfect.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
            X