Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

84 e30 Fixed Camber Plates- What would you do??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

84 e30 Fixed Camber Plates- What would you do??

I've got a set of fixed Camber Plates on my e30 and I'm contemplating their removal. Not sure what they will do for me as the car is 99% street driven (I do the Batavia Auto-X each year). How fast will they burn thru the inside edges of the front tires, typically. And is there an appreciable difference (in handling and tire wear) vs. not having them?

Your input is really appreciated!!

Thanks!
    Chris

Set your front toe to 0 and there will be no issues. :)

Comment

on a track car, camber plates actually increase tire life - but on a street car, if you drive mostly highway/freeway you'll wear the insides faster for sure. in the city i never noticed anything though.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

im thinking of running about -2 up front. i have 200 tread wear tires but use them for summer only and put about 15k on my car a year. Also have -2 in the back naturally. Ive been also curious what wear ill end up getting.. the camber in in the back didnt seem to of killed my tires much. but i drive pretty aggressively and try to hit up every auto-x event. I might try to adjust the back back-closer to zero. I know a -2 in the back its in spec.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
        X