Tire rubbing against swaybar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire rubbing against swaybar.

When my wheels are on lock, the inner sidewall is making contact with the swaybar, where it bends from going under the car, to the mount.

I have 205/50/15 on Kosei-K1 ET25 wheels.
    H&R Sway bars, with IE sway bar reinforcements.
    Z3 2.7 Steering rack.
    Offset M3 control arm bushings

I tried a 10.5mm spacer, and it makes the wheels stick out about 1/2" past the fender, I have a 3mm on there right now, and it's not enough. I doubt a 5mm spacer would do much.

Anyone else had this issue?
    ​​
    I do things.

How wide are those wheels? 7" ?

Comment

15x7, correct.
      I do things.

Comment

General Discussion is not a catch-all; please do not ask technical questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
          General Discussion is not a catch-all; please do not ask technical questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
          I posted on my phone, and scrolled forums until I saw the 'For Sale' section, which is usually the last section on most forums.

I done did a derp, my bad.
          I do things.

Comment

All good. Everyone gets my boilerplate reply when I have to move a thread - I don't discriminate.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

H&R front sway bars are bent wider than the factory bar, the rubbing is normal.
              Byron
              Leichtbau

Comment

Working...
              X