Brand New Yokos - vandalized. Any use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand New Yokos - vandalized. Any use?

I just replaced the tires on my son's car (Yoko Advan 701s) Two days later, someone vandallized the car, puncturing 3 of 4 tires in the sidewalls. Is there anything use for these tires? I have typically followed common knowledge to discard tires upon dmagae to the sidewalls, but these don't even have 100 miles on them. Thoughts?

They are done. No one is going to patch sidewalls...neither should you. There is too much liability.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

crap they've had it

edit : i'd be thinking of a new place to park if it's an issue in the area. i had to park a car at my folks for a couple years and only parked the beater where i lived due to the crime near my apt.

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
        They are done. No one is going to patch sidewalls...neither should you. There is too much liability.
        As I knew. Thanks for the confimration..What a waste. I even have her on camera, but at night, with a hoodie, and the video quality, its nothing in the end. I need a bigger garage.

Comment

Vandals are terrible. They just want to ruin something for the sake of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post
            Vandals are terrible. They just want to ruin something for the sake of it.

we have a local population that constantly destroys peoples cars in parking lots etc. they do it in broad daylight. you can't take a decent vehicle to any big box here now. the police are useless, they charged two owners defending their property with assault when they caught the little pukes in action.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post
              we have a local population that constantly destroys peoples cars in parking lots etc. they do it in broad daylight. you can't take a decent vehicle to any big box here now. the police are useless, they charged two owners defending their property with assault when they caught the little pukes in action.
              Yeah, in Canada you legally can't defend your property at all.
              Heck you are only able to defend yourself in limited circumstances. Even if you're in the right, expect charges, court, and a lawyer to prove it.

It's very frustrating, and just one of the many reasons I'd consider moving to the USA!

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post
                Yeah, in Canada you legally can't defend your property at all.
                Heck you are only able to defend yourself in limited circumstances. Even if you're in the right, expect charges, court, and a lawyer to prove it.

It's very frustrating, and just one of the many reasons I'd consider moving to the USA!
                i don't believe difficult life circumstances buys anyone a pass for wanton destruction of property.

Comment

Working...
                X