Minimum Offset for 15x8" wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimum Offset for 15x8" wheels?

So I dont have to break out the calculator, straight edge, ruler and other assorted things to figure it out myself... does anyone know what the MINIMUM offset possible for 15x8" wheels on an E30 are?
    I plan on using 225/50/15s on them.
    Im currently looking at Compomotive MOs in 15x8 but I'd like to know what some others are running
    BattleWagon|1996 GT Vertigo

It really depend on how much fender rolling you'll be doing, and how stiff your suspension is, as any offset will be a tight fit with 15x8s and 225s.

Minimum, with a good fender rolling would probably be about et15 up front, less out back.
    Maximum would probably be less than et25 up front. Ryan Stewart will probably chime in or rear offset, but I think that it would be around et20.

Just for comparison, my et25 15x7s with 225/50 ES100's are about perfect offset front and rear with a slight fender roll.
    '91 318is
    sigpic

Comment

Mine are ET28. 225s fit no problem on my early car out back but would touch the strut in front. Youd need at least 25 to clear the strut BUT I would think you would be close to crashing in the back on the late models.
      Im now E30less.
      sigpic

Comment

hmm.
        rolling is NOT out of the question.
        Maybe I'll stick with 205s or 215s at first, but no one makes a 215/50/15 these days :(

Comment

Go for the 225/50s. No sense in running 15x8 if your not going to utilize its width. I personally would try for an offset of around 25. If anything, you will have to add a small 3 or 5mm spacer up front to clear the struts.
          '91 318is
          sigpic

Comment

Well, Compomotive will custom make the offset to my request

Im thinking like an ET25 in the rear
            ET20 in the front

Comment

Chapel, do you have any shots of your car with the turbo's on them, what is the offset on them, my set is an et of 28, do youhave to get different hubcentric rings to run on your E30?

Comment

Mine are the BMW Fitment Zender Turbos (ET20 with correct centerbore)
                The VW ones were ET28 with a slight overbore (as my BMW ones fit on VWs too as they both have a 56mm centerbore)

Comment

I, personally, would hate have a set of wheels with 2 different offsets. just me though.
                  BEERTECH

Comment

the Compomotives will be my track wheel

Comment

ET20 front and rear will do it.

And everyone should roll their fenders, it's stupid easy for the room you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Chapel
                        Mine are the BMW Fitment Zender Turbos (ET20 with correct centerbore)
                        The VW ones were ET28 with a slight overbore (as my BMW ones fit on VWs too as they both have a 56mm centerbore)
                        E30's have a 57.1mm centerbore.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal
                          ET20 front and rear will do it.

And everyone should roll their fenders, it's stupid easy for the room you can get.

Go for the same offset front and rear.
                          '91 318is
                          sigpic

Comment

Just my opinions on this.

If you run different offsets front and rear, you would not be able to rotate your tires w/out dismounting and remounting.

You would also have to mark the wheels as to which are fronts and which are rears.

It would also seem to me that the handling would be messed up b/c of the different track widths.

Comment

10mm of track isn't going to mess up your handling
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X