Ronals came in... what tire size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronals came in... what tire size?

Right now on the Ltw replicas i'm running 205/40/17...

what is a good size for the ronal ls's?

225/50/15. Anything else would be uncivilized.

Comment

225/50-15, man style meat.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Kinda depends on tire choice too. I agree with the 225s, but tire dependent. My Bridgestone 205s look ridiculously balloony. If you were to go with 225s, it would be that much worse. Try to find a tire with a lower profile sidewall, and the 225s would be fine. I will eventually go with a 225 myself, but NOT in a Bridgestone.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

225/50/15 ES100's
          When you force a car off the road because of the spray shooting off the tires in the rain, you have succeeded.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
          Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
          Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

BTW, some width 225's will not fit, they will rub the strut in the rear. The S-03's are of such, look up the width on these and make sure whatever tires you choose aren't quite as wide.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal
              BTW, some width 225's will not fit, they will rub the strut in the rear. The S-03's are of such, look up the width on these and make sure whatever tires you choose aren't quite as wide.
              Toyo Proxes T1-S are the same....too wide in a 225 width. Yokohama ES100s and Dunlop SP8000s will fit since Ronal offers them with the LS as a wheel/tire package. I'm sure there are some other brands of 225/50-15s out there that fit.....I'm just not aware which ones.

Jon
              Rides...
              1991 325i - sold :(
              2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i
                Toyo Proxes T1-S are the same....too wide in a 225 width. Yokohama ES100s and Dunlop SP8000s will fit since Ronal offers them with the LS as a wheel/tire package. I'm sure there are some other brands of 225/50-15s out there that fit.....I'm just not aware which ones.

Jon
                I ran 225/50/15 T1S on my 15inch euro baskets on my 89 and didn't have rubbing anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by trent

Jon
                  I ran 225/50/15 T1S on my 15inch euro baskets on my 89 and didn't have rubbing anywhere.
                  Euro baskets are 7" wide versus 7.5" on the Ronals, so the rim pulls the tire .25" inwards.

Comment

not to mention the ronals are about .28" closer to the fender and .22" closer to the strut.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Skafrog
                      When you force a car off the road because of the spray shooting off the tires in the rain, you have succeeded.
                      :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by trent

Jon
                        Euro baskets are 7" wide versus 7.5" on the Ronals, so the rim pulls the tire .25" inwards.
                        so run a spacer....lamers

Comment

So then add the cost of spacers, bolts, plus the fender rolling you'll likely need...just to run a certain tire model?!

Comment

So then add the cost of spacers, bolts, plus the fender rolling you'll likely need...just to run a certain tire model?!

uhhh yea...been there done that numerous times.

cheap bastards

Comment

ugh... spacers :o

another question... are the ronals hubcentric?

Comment

Working...
                              X