16" alpinas. best offset question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sharky
    replied
    in for pics, I know Levant and myself have been searching for 8" Alpinas for ages, wont give up my real alpinas but it may be a nice switch up wheel.

    Leave a comment:


  • IRON-E
    replied
    Originally posted by CorvallisBMW
    OMG I am giddy as a schoolgirl
    +1

    :giggle:

    Leave a comment:


  • CorvallisBMW
    replied
    OMG I am giddy as a schoolgirl

    Leave a comment:


  • Pabl0
    replied
    hoops are in and first set is underway. The price should be very close to 1000/1100 with painted center and polished lip. Also u can get a full polish for 200 extra. The first set is 16x8 et20 and et5 with brilliant silver center/polished lip. Should be finished within 2 weeks from today..

    Leave a comment:


  • Stephen
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus
    He said $1000 a few posts back.

    Well if i can hit that, more power to him.

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    Originally posted by Stephen
    I hate to rain on the parade, but..

    Before everyone gets super excited, i think you might want to post a rough price target. Custom offset forged center wheels, if yours are priced anything like others, will most likely be way way above what r3v usually spends on wheels..
    He said $1000 a few posts back.

    Leave a comment:


  • Stephen
    replied
    I hate to rain on the parade, but..

    Before everyone gets super excited, i think you might want to post a rough price target. Custom offset forged center wheels, if yours are priced anything like others, will most likely be way way above what r3v usually spends on wheels..

    Leave a comment:


  • FKNFASTM5
    replied
    yes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Javier h
    replied
    Would anyone be interested in M-systems T-star reps in a 17 inch 4 lug? I'm sure it might be feasible but we need to generate interest first. The only thing coming close is the 16 inch Alpha M5S which are NLA.

    Lets see what happens with the alpinas but now would be the time to ask. Thank you.


    Last edited by Javier h; 09-23-2010, 08:47 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • audiquattrot
    replied
    please make sure these will be able to fit an iX! I won't mind running spacers if need be.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pabl0
    replied
    Levent, email sent. thanx!

    Leave a comment:


  • Pabl0
    replied
    Originally posted by Janderson
    Oh, ok. Nevermind, I was about to totally lose interest.

    So about how much of a lip would these have in 16x8? That's one of the things I hate about the Kopis, is that there's no lip, when the real 16" Alpinas have a decent one.
    as much as you can get away with since the centers can be placed anywhere inside the barrel. its really just limited by what offset you can run. i will post some pics of the hoops when i get back from h20 so people can get an idea of what we are going to be doing. i think the step creates a minimum of a 1" lip.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Oh, ok. Nevermind, I was about to totally lose interest.

    So about how much of a lip would these have in 16x8? That's one of the things I hate about the Kopis, is that there's no lip, when the real 16" Alpinas have a decent one.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pabl0
    replied
    well technically, yeah. they will be forged billet centers welded into a polished stepped lip barrel.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by Pabl0
    well the offset can be changed to the customers specs. while we are outsourcing the hoops the forged centers will be machined in house allowing us to dial it in for people.
    Wait, so are these going to be 2-piece?

    Leave a comment:

Working...