e38 style fives with adapters

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 89CABRIO
    replied
    Just got the 205/45/16 Hankooks mounted. They must run super narrow because these are more stretched then I'd like. I wish there was a index somewhere that states which brands run narrow/true/wide
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • e30blitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Jboss12
    i just got my e38 style 5's on.
    -205/45r16 tires
    -42draft 18mm adapters front
    -42draft 20mm adapters back
    -fenders are not rolled and rear tires will only slightly rub over big bumps and hard turns
    -running h&r race bilstein setup with drophats









    This is it right here




    Sent from the half eaten apple :)

    Leave a comment:


  • d_elson0
    replied
    An old one:

    Leave a comment:


  • e30blitz
    replied
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    I am debting whether I should spend my money on a set of e38 style fives and do fill and drill/adapters or stick with my euroweaves and get them powder coated white with polished lips. It is a very hard decisison. I will be keeping p with this thread!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374596225.403631.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	7157881


    This

    Blasted and Sliver powder to factory

    Looks great


    Sent from the half eaten apple :)

    Leave a comment:


  • acolella76
    replied
    205/45 seems really small... 225/45 is OEM rolling diameter

    Leave a comment:


  • HugsBmw
    replied
    Which tires are you running?
    Ohthejosh?
    Last edited by HugsBmw; 07-21-2013, 03:03 PM. Reason: forgot

    Leave a comment:


  • spooledtt
    replied
    Originally posted by ohthejosh
    Is 20mm fronts and 25mm rears doable with the same tire size for my early model with fender roll?

    Or will I need to do a pull also? It just seems like it can come out further in the rear from the pic above.
    I wouldn't do 20 in the front unless you have a very aggressive roll. My front camber is maxed at -3 degrees. As for the back i could fit 25mm but my bushings are shot giving me tons of camber.

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonBates
    replied
    This makes me want to get mine on my car so bad.

    Is everyone running 205/45? Or is there anybody running something with a little more meat?
    Also, is everyone on coil overs or just lowering springs and struts?

    Leave a comment:


  • jbright407
    replied
    I can't wait until I get my set of style 5s. Looks great!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • ohthejosh
    replied
    Originally posted by spooledtt


    Adaptec 18mm front and 20mm rear. 205/45/16 and a good roll all around. There is some slight rubbing at full lock but its doable
    Is 20mm fronts and 25mm rears doable with the same tire size for my early model with fender roll?

    Or will I need to do a pull also? It just seems like it can come out further in the rear from the pic above.

    Leave a comment:


  • jllphan
    replied
    ^this

    Leave a comment:


  • MacroCosm
    replied
    Originally posted by Jboss12
    Mine is h&r race and the front spring has a couple coils cut off (when I got them) so I would assume there will be gap between the tire and the fender. Like the very first alpine e30 posted in this thread. You could always run a bit bigger tire profile to fill in a little bit of the gap. But it won't do much
    Ok thanks for letting me know. I guess I will have to go with coilovers since I want to go lower and close the gap. Btw, are there any lowering springs that drops the car lower than 2 inches?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jboss12
    replied
    Originally posted by MacroCosm
    Does anyone have a picture of their e30 with style 5s sitting on H&R sport springs and bilstein sport shocks? Does anyone know if there will be any wheel gap between the tire and fender?
    Mine is h&r race and the front spring has a couple coils cut off (when I got them) so I would assume there will be gap between the tire and the fender. Like the very first alpine e30 posted in this thread. You could always run a bit bigger tire profile to fill in a little bit of the gap. But it won't do much

    Leave a comment:


  • MacroCosm
    replied
    Does anyone have a picture of their e30 with style 5s sitting on H&R sport springs and bilstein sport shocks? Does anyone know if there will be any wheel gap between the tire and fender?

    Leave a comment:


  • owwwch
    replied
    drop the front and it will be spot on..

    Leave a comment:

Working...