Huuuge wheel poke. Is it too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huuuge wheel poke. Is it too much?

I've been looking around craigslist for a few months until I finally found the perfect wheels. They're BBS RS', 16x7 et12 and 16x8 et13, and I paid $700 for them.. Very good condition, just needed a little bit of polishing. Went from making this a small polishing job, into a full restoration project. They used to be fitted on a Porsche(5x130), but the guy got rid of it and kept the wheels. My car is not running yet(no spark issue), so I just wanted to see how these would fit. I knew I was going to poke, but I had no idea how much exactly. I also had to buy some 4x100 to 5x130 wheel adapters, measuring at 20mm each.

So, I want you guys' opinion on the fitment.
    Here are the pictures....

What the rims looked like before I started working on them.

You need to jack up your wheel base, and maybe put a tire on to figure out fitment. Natural camber will set in and you'll have a better chance of seeing the results. So far, it look like you'll be way out.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

If 12 & 13 are your "final" ets then you'll be fine. If you're adding 20mm adapters to that you'll be putting yourself at -8 & -7. At that point you should be considering a fill & redrill.

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
        You need to jack up your wheel base, and maybe put a tire on to figure out fitment. Natural camber will set in and you'll have a better chance of seeing the results. So far, it look like you'll be way out.
        Actually, you're right. I should raise up the wheel base and get a more accurate result.

Originally posted by euronotworthy View Post
        If 12 & 13 are your "final" ets then you'll be fine. If you're adding 20mm adapters to that you'll be putting yourself at -8 & -7. At that point you should be considering a fill & redrill.
        Those pictures are with the adapters already installed. I can't find anyone around here that fills and redrills...

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Comment

With a 20mm adapter and them being an effective 16x8 -7, this would put the outer edge of the wheel 9mm further out than my Borbet A 16x9s :

Im running a 225/45 tire in that shot too, so i reckon you could get away with it if you run a 205 tire....
          90 318i M62B44 OBD1
          02 530i Touring (Airlift 3P)

Comment

Originally posted by wakdog View Post
            With a 20mm adapter and them being an effective 16x8 -7, this would put the outer edge of the wheel 9mm further out than my Borbet A 16x9s :

Im running a 225/45 tire in that shot too, so i reckon you could get away with it if you run a 205 tire....
            I think I'll be running 195/45. If I find someone to drill/fill, I'll go with something wider.

Comment

Here's how my 16x9 et 15's looked just as a sort of comparison:

And they tucked in nicely when 225/45/16s were mounted and car was lowered. A fender roll was required of course. You might need an aggressive roll/pull too, but it's probably doable.
              S52 Swap

Shtuff For Sale

Comment

not at all bawdy!!

purrfec fitment bdro...

ride like new car bdro.. make fast.
                1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
                1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
                1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
                guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
                Originally posted by ak-
                Must of slid into Rob

Comment

I like tire poke. But then again I have 275s and no flairs yet....
                  sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
                  The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Originally posted by Robotin View Post
                    O hai guyz. My name is Robotin and I'm just a preteen that lurks around here trying to fit in. My best friend and I like to play with each other. I like gargling on his small balls; they just taste so good. I like to borrow my mom's beeter car and drive fast.
                    Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by coreyw View Post
                      Here's how my 16x9 et 15's looked just as a sort of comparison:

And they tucked in nicely when 225/45/16s were mounted and car was lowered. A fender roll was required of course. You might need an aggressive roll/pull too, but it's probably doable.
                      What was the lug pattern on those rims?

Comment

I think you'll be poked but not too crazy. The issue I think you'll run into before poke will be the fact that you wont be able to stretch a tire on a 7" wide wheel. So the poke will be fine but the lack of stretch will most likely be the problem. Youll probably rub pretty hard.

Taylor
                        Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                        Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Originally posted by E30_fiend View Post
                          I think you'll be poked but not too crazy. The issue I think you'll run into before poke will be the fact that you wont be able to stretch a tire on a 7" wide wheel. So the poke will be fine but the lack of stretch will most likely be the problem. Youll probably rub pretty hard.

Taylor
                          I think I'll be running like 195/45 on the 16x8(rear) and 185/45 on the 16x7(front)....

Comment

Those should fit great actually, the front will be almost exactly flush and the rear will poke about 1/4". Go with falken 512's, 205/40 if you're slammed or 205/45 if not
                            Byron
                            Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                              Those should fit great actually, the front will be almost exactly flush and the rear will poke about 1/4". Go with falken 512's, 205/40 if you're slammed or 205/45 if not
                              Why would it matter if I go with the falken 512's or anything else? Fitment should be based on tire specs, no?

Comment

Working...
                              X