Very hard to find 205 /55/15 ? Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very hard to find 205 /55/15 ? Why?

There are hardly any choices. All I can find is kuhmo ecsta 4x. I currently have those and it sounds like I'll have to get them again. Anybody have any luck finding anything else?

I put nitto neogens on my dads iX. They are 205/50 15 so they are slightly smaller but look real beefy. I used to rock Dunlop DS-2s all year even though they are studdless snows.

Sent from SPACE using Tapatalk 2
    FS NY: two Audiobahn A235HC amps and audiobahn 1farad capacitor
    Saab/GM tech2 programming
    My for sale thread
    1990 325iX for sale or part out
    Did you buy something from me? Please leave feedback!

Originally posted by K20RI_211
    And I have to ask if you make a hobby out of thread-bombing with retarded questions?

Comment

yes they are hard to find. I couldn't afford new tires so I went with used but they are all different brands. I had to go to 3 different places for that.....

Comment

I found Nitto NT 450 extreme performance and the Khumo Ecstas. Any word on the nittos?

Comment

I usually get Yokohama SDrives from TireRack, but you should check out TireBuyer as well; they both have a few different options in 205/55/15.

Edit: I can't spell Yokohama.

Comment

We have the same issue over here in the UK too.
            Only a few manufacturers are still making that size.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

If you have bought items from me, please leave feedback below.
            If you are a BUYER, Check My Feedback.:up:
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=183860

Check out my Euro Build Thread
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215557

Comment

Anybody have experience with Dunlop Direzza ? These seem to get better reviews than the nitto.

Comment

I was running Dunlop direzza 101's in 205/55R15. Awesome tire for the money. A little noisy on the freeway but overall one of the best 'high performance' tires for the money. Now I'm on sumitomo 'ULTRA high performance' and they have less grip than the 101's. Bought them cuz they were cheap and about the only thing available for 16's. Regrettable since i feel the dz101's would out corner the sumitomo's.

I would definitely recommend the dz101/102 in that size. Great tire.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Sdrives were great on my 318is. Nice compromise of long wear and grip.

87 4dr specE30: Bitsy (lurking above), 89 4dr 325i blau, 91 318is brillrot, 90 325ivertbronzit

Comment

Yes...even 225/50/15 are hard to find and they were as expensive as 17" tires. I stashed my euroweaves and run 17's on all my E30's now partly due to the cost /availability of 15/16" tires.
                    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                      Yes...even 225/50/15 are hard to find and they were as expensive as 17" tires. I stashed my euroweaves and run 17's on all my E30's now partly due to the cost /availability of 15/16" tires.
                      You want to sell me your Euro weaves?

Sent from my Samsung Note 4
                      '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                      '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Bump! Need tires badly, and couldn't find 16" RS's so I'll be buying tires for my Euroweaves. Currently have BF Goodrich G Force Sports... Mannn are these awesome tires. Sadly there discontinued in 15", any recommendations for good tires that can stick turns well in dry weather that are 205/55/15? Looks like DS-2s and SDrives might be the only options I have at this point, which of the two would YOU choose/ what other tires are available?

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                        1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                        1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                        1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                        1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                        1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                        Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                        1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                        1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
                        X