Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    You actually stumbled on the perfect spacer AND tire size on your own. Good work.

Falken RT-615, again. There is simply nothing else available for our stock wheels that comes remotely close.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      T1-R is a good tire for sure, just leans pretty far into the luxury side of the equation.

Can you get the Falken RT-615? That comes in a great 215/45/16 size, here at least. If not, just tell me what brands you can get.
      Hi.
      Thanks for your help.
      Ok, I have finally got some wheels.
      16x7.5 et35.
      Now i need to pick tires and spacers.
      -Front will require at least 20 if not 25mm spacer to clear 4 pot caliper, is that ok ?
      -I'd really like 225 rubber, but only toyo t1r comes in 25/45/16, all other come in 225/50/16, will that be ok (never mind wrong speedo reading by 3%, i can correct that electronically) ?
      -suspension mods - about 1" drop springs, koni adjustbale shocks.
      -this is the pre FL coupe chasis
      -i can roll guards.

Some brands/models i can get locally, not all have prices listed i think goodyear and falken are 50% more expensive than the rest, so if they are that great it's ok but if they are slightly better than it's not worth it.

FIRENZA ST08
      FEDERAL SS-535
      YOKOHAMA A DRIVE R1
      TOYO PX4
      TOYO T1R
      NANKANG NS2
      YOKOHAMA C DRIVE
      DUNLOP TYRES DIREZZA
      FALKEN FK452 (there are few models but but the one you mentioned).
      GOODYEAR EAGLE F1
      Hankook Ventus HRII H424
      [edit1]
      also most bridgestones including RE001
      and pirelli, but these are probably prohibitely expensive...
      [edit2]
      Hankook Ventus Prime K105 (~25% more xpensive than t1r), but it comes in 225/45/16
      [edit3]
      Possibly Kuhmo KU31 in 225/45/16 (confirming availability and price)

Thanks in advance,
      Matt.
      Last edited by mops; 04-16-2009, 03:37 PM.

Comment

i have 16x7 ET35 BBS RK wheels, with 205/50/16 tires.

1. can i run 15mm spacers all around without rubbing and without fender rolling?
        2. would Vorshlag's 60mm wheel stud kit be sufficient to mount the wheels with the spacers, even though the ad says its designed to work with up to 10mm spacers?http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info...products_id=53

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post

1. can i run 15mm spacers all around without rubbing and without fender rolling?
          2. would Vorshlag's 60mm wheel stud kit be sufficient to mount the wheels with the spacers, even though the ad says its designed to work with up to 10mm spacers?http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info...products_id=53
          depending on your suspension, a 15mm spacer might be cutting it close. a 10mm spacer would be a safer bet, and then you could use those wheel studs.
          http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
            depending on your suspension, a 15mm spacer might be cutting it close. a 10mm spacer would be a safer bet, and then you could use those wheel studs.
            thank you. I have H&R Race springs and Bilstein Sport shocks.

I saw that IE has some pretty cheap 10mm spacers, about $50, are they good? i guess a spacer is a spacer, you can't really go too wrong with one...

Comment

Hey Jay,

I'm thinkin about gettin these:

I have an '84 325e and I and buying a full Lowtec 60/50mm kit.
              Will the 18 offset be a problem for me? I'm thinkin of runnin some 215/40/17's.
              I am looking for a flush mount look to the fenders with this setup.

Thanks for the help.
              Last edited by R3VN R3D; 04-14-2009, 09:45 AM.
              sigpic
              "Drive like you mean it. Commit."
              "Progress Fervently."

Comment

22's Vibrating on my jeep

Don't Shoot me..i own an e30 too...I have a question r centering rings the same as hubcentric rings??? i have 22's on a grand cherokee and at about 90 kph my car starts vibrating do i need centering rings or hubcentric rings??? Thanks dude in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimma View Post
                  Don't Shoot me..i own an e30 too...I have a question r centering rings the same as hubcentric rings??? i have 22's on a grand cherokee and at about 90 kph my car starts vibrating do i need centering rings or hubcentric rings??? Thanks dude in advance.
                  smaller wheels. And chrome causes vibrations too

Comment

How about 225/45 15s on a ET17?

I know, I can probably do a search. Too late, too tired, etc.

Thanks in advance.
                    John
                    1990 BMW 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                      Jay, can you help me out with this one? I'm going to be getting a staggered set of Kosei K1's. 15x7 ET17 in the front, and 15x8 ET12 in the rear. What would be the best tire size to run?

My front fenders are rolled, and the rears will be soon. I'd like to have good meat on them, since they're going to be autocrossed on, but I don't want to have balloon-looking tires, either. Also keep in mind that I have early rear arches, and they will be rolled.
                      Jay,

You had originally replied to the post above by saying the these are the wrong wheels....but I want to know if you are talking about the rears or the fronts or both?

I have that front Kosei 15x7 et17 (no spacer) all around. I currently have 205/50/15 HoosierR6s on them, and I had to do a very small amount of fender rolling in the rear to get those to work.

I want to go with a Hoosier A6, 225/45/15 on those wheels for autocross competition only.

I have a GC fully adjustable suspension, and I plan on rolling the fenders as well as using generous camber for competition.

Normally I would just measure at home, but I'm out on business right now so access to my garage is limited. What are your thoughts on this fitment?

IF that doesn't work, I have a set of BBS RKs laying around, 16x7 with ET35...I'm not sure of that offset, but I do run a 10mm spacer w/ them, and 205/50/16 tires without even the slightest chance of rubbing. So, if the 15" tire I'm looking to get won't work with that Kosei above, I think I'd be stuck with a 205/45/16 or similar in the Hoosier or maybe a 215/45/16 from Kumho.

For reference, I'm only considering the Kumho V710 or Hoosier A6.

I appreciate your help.....Thanks!

John
                      Last edited by IsItElectric?; 04-16-2009, 02:35 PM. Reason: my BBS wheels are ET35, not 45 as I originally posted
                      John
                      1990 BMW 325i

Comment

ooooops, wrong button :D
                        disregard this post.
                        mods plz delete it.
                        Last edited by mops; 04-16-2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

This all pertains to the front end of the car, rears have already been resolved.

- Sounds like this would be a good fitment anyone object?

- Any rubbing on the strut or issues?

- What tire size would you recommend?

Facts: 91' 318IS 60MM drop w/ Bilstein Sports

Suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by mops View Post
                            Hi.
                            Thanks for your help.
                            Ok, I have finally got some wheels.
                            16x7.5 et35.
                            Now i need to pick tires and spacers.
                            -Front will require at least 20 if not 25mm spacer to clear 4 pot caliper, is that ok ?
                            -I'd really like 225 rubber, but only toyo t1r comes in 25/45/16, all other come in 225/50/16, will that be ok (never mind wrong speedo reading by 3%, i can correct that electronically) ?
                            -suspension mods - about 1" drop springs, koni adjustbale shocks.
                            -this is the pre FL coupe chasis
                            -i can roll guards.

Some brands/models i can get locally, not all have prices listed i think goodyear and falken are 50% more expensive than the rest, so if they are that great it's ok but if they are slightly better than it's not worth it.

FIRENZA ST08
                            FEDERAL SS-535
                            YOKOHAMA A DRIVE R1
                            TOYO PX4
                            TOYO T1R
                            NANKANG NS2
                            YOKOHAMA C DRIVE
                            DUNLOP TYRES DIREZZA
                            FALKEN FK452 (there are few models but but the one you mentioned).
                            GOODYEAR EAGLE F1
                            Hankook Ventus HRII H424
                            [edit1]
                            also most bridgestones including RE001
                            and pirelli, but these are probably prohibitely expensive...
                            [edit2]
                            Hankook Ventus Prime K105 (~25% more xpensive than t1r), but it comes in 225/45/16
                            [edit3]
                            Possibly Kuhmo KU31 in 225/45/16 (confirming availability and price)

Thanks in advance,
                            Matt.
                            There is a lot of room in the front fenders. You should be able to fit even the 25mm spacer. That said, I do not recommend 225/50/16 tires, especially when the wheel fitment is that aggressive. You WILL contact the fender.

Of the tires you listed, I admittedly only know maybe 70% of them. The Kumho KU31 is excellent though, if that's a resonable price buy it.

Comment

15mm spacers all around will be 100% fine. And the 60mm studs should work with 15mm spacers no problem.

Comment

thank you. I have H&R Race springs and Bilstein Sport shocks.

I saw that IE has some pretty cheap 10mm spacers, about $50, are they good? i guess a spacer is a spacer, you can't really go too wrong with one...
                                You can definitely go wrong, as those aren't hubcentric. Stick with H&R, or even ECS Tuning.

Comment

Working...
                                X