Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasE30 View Post
    16x9 et 15 all around with 215/40/16...2.4 drop... Slightly rolling fender with 3 or 5 mm spacers up front? Or i dont need to rolling fenders or add spacers.
    Im willing to use 205/40/16 instead of 215..

Thanks for ur help.

This is not dream. the wheels is coming:P
    3mm spacers if you don't have an '84 model (they have skinnier struts). You will most likely need a very slight fender roll in the back with either tire. And if you want 205 don't get a 40 profile, it's way too small. 45.

Comment

Originally posted by tatertots View Post
      I am about to order a set of wheels, they are 16x8 0 offset
      will I have any trouble with fitment on a 1990 325I?

thanks guys
      Not a fan of the fitment at all. Search the forum and find pics, the front wheels stick outside of the fenders far too much for the relatively narrow width of the wheel. Those are made for AE86s and the like, plain and simple.

If you get them, plan on rolling your fenders heavily and running 195 or 205 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by BadCab View Post
        I've had a set of RM's since the early 90's that were on my MK2 Scirroco that i would like to re-ring and refinish. I have a 92 318i vert and plan on running on some HR races and Billies Since i love the staggered look , the ideal plan for me is 1" rings on the front and 1.5" rings in the back bringing them to around F 15x7 ET26, R 15x7.5 ET20. I would like to run F 205/50-15 , R 225/50-15. Will the rears rub with a little bit of rolling? How about alot of rolling?

Option 2 is 1" lips for 15x7 ET26 all 4 corners and either 225/50/15 all around or F 205/50-15, R 225/50-15. With 225's all around , any issues up front?

Thanks
        Glen
        Option 1: Heavy rolling on the rear fenders, but nothing outlandish. Just a flat inner lip.

Option 2: No rolling, no issues.

BTW I'd get 205/55 up front, so the diameters match.

Comment

Originally posted by cr2596 View Post
          '89 325i coupe. Will 16x9 et 25 all the way around work fairly easily?
          Not a chance; 15mm front spacers just to clear the struts. Then you'd want at least the same size spacers on the rear to even out the look, and once you're there, stretched tires to get it all to fit under the fenders (which you'd also have to roll). 205/45/16 or 215/40/16.

Comment

Originally posted by rneedham1979 View Post
            Ok guys... i am planning on trying to stuff 255 50 16's or 245 45 17s on the back of my E30. I will be doing extensive fender rolling. Can one of you wheel geniuses tell me what 16x8 or 16x9 wheel I should run and at what offset etc?

Thanks!
            Ryan
            16x9 ET15 should work fine. You'd be pretty much flaring the quarter panels btw.

Comment

Originally posted by newman View Post
              I have a set of 17X10 +22, 17X8.5 +16 Work VS-XXs on my car right now. No tires yet, but they're coming. The rears really should have been +20, they BARELY touch the trailing arm. I am going to trim the seam on the trailing arm a bit and see how that looks with tires, but I have 3, 4.5 and 6mm spacers that I can use if need be...

However, my fitment is FAR from stock.

MORE PICS: http://onyxsyndicate.com/newman/e30gtr/e30gtr_68.html
              Just browsed your site, the car is terrifying.

And thanks for the info, I always knew that the common 17x10 ET20 rear setup was CLOSE to the trailing arm, but never pinned down by how much. That's insane.

Also, nice tire sizes / model. I don't think traction will be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by JuanPabloBongto View Post
                OK, I'd like to know what the better tire options are for a staggered set of wheels :

fronts: 16" x 7" et11
                rears: 16" x 8" et20

What's out there for a set of 4 street tires?
                205/50/16 front and 225/45/16 rear. Rolled rear fender lips to get the clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  Euroweaves came with BMW centercaps stock. Just remove the centercap and read the offset stamping. Should be 24 and not 41.

225/50/15 will fit easily.
                  If 225/50 will fit easily.
                  How wide could i go with some fender rolling?
                  Turbo m30 drift car build.
                  500whp or bust.
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=256525

Comment

Thanks! Do you have any pictures of 16x9's ET15 on an E30?

Thanks!
                    Ryan

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    16x9 ET15 should work fine. You'd be pretty much flaring the quarter panels btw.
                    Turbo E30
                    Roadkill 80lb 93 octane OBDI tune
                    BavSol Cylinder Head
                    Stock S50 in. cam Schrick ex. cam
                    Otis' tubular T4 manifold
                    Oringed 87mm S52, Eagle rods and 8.5:1 CP pistons.
                    GT4094r w/Batmowheel Impeller
                    614whp@17.5psi, 100 Oct
                    690whp@21psi, 100 Oct
                    801whp@27psi, 110 URT
                    Old: 1/4 mile: 10.91@144.38 (636whp)
                    New: ?
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_f7fUVqblI

Comment

So i can get a pretty awesome deal on some spacers, but theyre effin huge. !.25 in ( ~31mm) With stock weaves, im worried that might poke retartedly in the front

EDit:

they dont really look hubcentric though:

Extra Edit:

They aren't, i passed
                      Last edited by Stephen; 05-25-2009, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkydriverx View Post
                        If 225/50 will fit easily.
                        How wide could i go with some fender rolling?
                        There are no meaningful tires wider than 225 in a 15", except for the 235/50/15 Toyo R888 r-comp. Stick to the 225.

Comment

Originally posted by rneedham1979 View Post
                          Thanks! Do you have any pictures of 16x9's ET15 on an E30?

Thanks!
                          Ryan
                          It's what 90% of the 16x9 setups are. Just search the members rides section.

Comment

For E38 Style 5s with 5MM spacer what length of stud kit do i need? I still want to be able to run the caps.
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
                              For E38 Style 5s with 5MM spacer what length of stud kit do i need? I still want to be able to run the caps.
                              50mm is perfect. i.e. just enough to retain stock engagement. You can probably get away with up to 60mm and still be able to mount the cap, but no promises.

Comment

can i fir 501's on my 92 vert? if so what's the offset and size?

Also what kind of suspesnion should i go with to elminate Rubbing issues with this setup.

Thanks.
                                Originally posted by e30e
                                lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Working...
                                X