Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so what will I need to do to fit 16x7.5 et20 and 16x9 et15

roll fenders. trim arches. what tires? on an 88 IX:D

come on...tell me there's a way to do it...

Comment

Hey Jay,

I need Hubcentric Rings that go from 72.6 to 57.1. Is that too much? Is there a dangerous point with Hubcentric Rings? Does any one make Rings with that range? Do you know if i can get them with 25mm spacers? Thanks again.
      Last edited by R3VN R3D; 05-17-2009, 09:38 PM.
      sigpic
      "Drive like you mean it. Commit."
      "Progress Fervently."

Comment

Originally posted by two240s View Post
        so what will I need to do to fit 16x7.5 et20 and 16x9 et15

roll fenders. trim arches. what tires? on an 88 IX:D

come on...tell me there's a way to do it...
        You'd run 205/45/16 all around at the most, and roll/trim the arches. Nothing out of this world at all really, the rears will be about flush with the iX flare.

Comment

Originally posted by b3 2e5tEy View Post
          Hey Jay,

I need Hubcentric Rings that go from 72.6 to 57.1. Is that too much? Is there a dangerous point with Hubcentric Rings? Does any one make Rings with that range? Do you know if i can get them with 25mm spacers? Thanks again.
          Call Discount Tire Direct for availability. And no, that's not dangerous.

Yeah, you can get custom spacers made too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            Call Discount Tire Direct for availability. And no, that's not dangerous.

Yeah, you can get custom spacers made too.

Where could I get custom ones made? Also, would I need longer lug bolts with 25mm spacers? Thanks again.

-Shawn
            sigpic
            "Drive like you mean it. Commit."
            "Progress Fervently."

Comment

A couple of questions mystikal.
              Im going to look at a set of 15 inch weaves later this week.
              Is there an easy way to tell the difference between euroweaves and just the ix weaves, while they are on a car(318i)?
              I noticed in pictures they have bbs center caps so im leaning towards euroweaves.
              The only way ill buy them is if they are euroweaves.
              ? #2 = Im pretty low. I tuck tire all the way around on 195/50/14's
              And i plan on going lower.
              What size tires should i be looking at for the euroweave?
              I would like to go 215 at least. is that possible?. Have no problem getting the fenders rolled.
              im reall only interested to know if i can go wider than a 215. (maybe 225). And if so what profiles should i be looking for in each size?
              Thanks man.
              -Andrew
              Turbo m30 drift car build.
              500whp or bust.
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=256525

Comment

16x9 et 15 all around with 215/40/16...2.4 drop... Slightly rolling fender with 3 or 5 mm spacers up front? Or i dont need to rolling fenders or add spacers.
                Im willing to use 205/40/16 instead of 215..

Thanks for ur help.

This is not dream. the wheels is coming:P

Comment

I am about to order a set of wheels, they are 16x8 0 offset
                  will I have any trouble with fitment on a 1990 325I?

thanks guys
                  Last edited by tatertots; 05-20-2009, 03:32 PM.

Comment

I've had a set of RM's since the early 90's that were on my MK2 Scirroco that i would like to re-ring and refinish. I have a 92 318i vert and plan on running on some HR races and Billies Since i love the staggered look , the ideal plan for me is 1" rings on the front and 1.5" rings in the back bringing them to around F 15x7 ET26, R 15x7.5 ET20. I would like to run F 205/50-15 , R 225/50-15. Will the rears rub with a little bit of rolling? How about alot of rolling?

Option 2 is 1" lips for 15x7 ET26 all 4 corners and either 225/50/15 all around or F 205/50-15, R 225/50-15. With 225's all around , any issues up front?

Thanks
                    Glen

Comment

'89 325i coupe. Will 16x9 et 25 all the way around work fairly easily?

Comment

Ok guys... i am planning on trying to stuff 255 50 16's or 245 45 17s on the back of my E30. I will be doing extensive fender rolling. Can one of you wheel geniuses tell me what 16x8 or 16x9 wheel I should run and at what offset etc?

Thanks!
                        Ryan
                        Turbo E30
                        Roadkill 80lb 93 octane OBDI tune
                        BavSol Cylinder Head
                        Stock S50 in. cam Schrick ex. cam
                        Otis' tubular T4 manifold
                        Oringed 87mm S52, Eagle rods and 8.5:1 CP pistons.
                        GT4094r w/Batmowheel Impeller
                        614whp@17.5psi, 100 Oct
                        690whp@21psi, 100 Oct
                        801whp@27psi, 110 URT
                        Old: 1/4 mile: 10.91@144.38 (636whp)
                        New: ?
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_f7fUVqblI

Comment

I have a set of 17X10 +22, 17X8.5 +16 Work VS-XXs on my car right now. No tires yet, but they're coming. The rears really should have been +20, they BARELY touch the trailing arm. I am going to trim the seam on the trailing arm a bit and see how that looks with tires, but I have 3, 4.5 and 6mm spacers that I can use if need be...

However, my fitment is FAR from stock.

MORE PICS: http://onyxsyndicate.com/newman/e30gtr/e30gtr_68.html

1987 325is: 495whp/400ft-lb
                          UPDATED 03/12/10!: RB26DETT Swapped E30

Comment

OK, I'd like to know what the better tire options are for a staggered set of wheels :

fronts: 16" x 7" et11
                            rears: 16" x 8" et20

What's out there for a set of 4 street tires?

Comment

Originally posted by R3VN R3D View Post
                              Where could I get custom ones made? Also, would I need longer lug bolts with 25mm spacers? Thanks again.

-Shawn
                              I don't have the names handy, just search the forum / web. And yes, longer bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkydriverx View Post
                                A couple of questions mystikal.
                                Im going to look at a set of 15 inch weaves later this week.
                                Is there an easy way to tell the difference between euroweaves and just the ix weaves, while they are on a car(318i)?
                                I noticed in pictures they have bbs center caps so im leaning towards euroweaves.
                                The only way ill buy them is if they are euroweaves.
                                ? #2 = Im pretty low. I tuck tire all the way around on 195/50/14's
                                And i plan on going lower.
                                What size tires should i be looking at for the euroweave?
                                I would like to go 215 at least. is that possible?. Have no problem getting the fenders rolled.
                                im reall only interested to know if i can go wider than a 215. (maybe 225). And if so what profiles should i be looking for in each size?
                                Thanks man.
                                -Andrew
                                Euroweaves came with BMW centercaps stock. Just remove the centercap and read the offset stamping. Should be 24 and not 41.

225/50/15 will fit easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X