Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
    continuing from my other thread

you mentioned 10+ mm spacers for our cars are basically non existent in hubcentric form. so since even with my 5mm spacers I'm hittin frame, I'm fucked?
    Yep, I have said that. And finally, a manufacturer came through, as the poster after you pointed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Petebee View Post
      Quick question...can I use the lug bolts from my OEM 14" steelies with OEM bottlecaps? Gonna add some RT-615s and go tear up the cones, but need to make sure the lugs will work.
      Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
        As an update to this, no problems at all. Fenders are pulled a little though.

I don't really believe those offsets at all then. My 7" ET20 225 looks more flush than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B
          Im looking at getting a 75mm stud kit for stock 4 lug cause im tired of the coroded shit i use now.

am i good with a 8-10mm spacer on those studs?

Ill be running e38 style 5s, but mosty weaves
          Yeah sorry, replied to your PM today.

75mm is a massive stud, I wouldn't recommend it because you probably won't be able to get the caps on the wheels after.

Even a 60mm stud is enough for up to 15mm spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
            OK, I've read through most of the thread that pertains to 15x6.5 wheels...

Referencing a reply to a question about 15x7 ET38 wheels it was said to go with 205/55 tires with a 20mm Spacer for a flush fit.

Since my wheels are ET33 by my simple math I should go with 15mm spacers for a flush fit. However for maximum 'drivability' should I go with a 10mm or 12.5mm Hubcentric as shown in the ecstuning link above? I'm not as concerned with the 'flushness' of it all, I would rather have full range of suspension play without having to worry about fender or wheel-well rub since I'm not planning on rolling my fenders...

-RH
            I've run those same wheels, with the same tires. No spacers needed.

If you want to push them out a bit, 15mm is perfect. You won't even be close to rubbing, don't worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
              Even a 60mm stud is enough for up to 15mm spacers.
              I was going to post a thread about this in a few days, glad to see the info here.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                I don't really believe those offsets at all then. My 7" ET20 225 looks more flush than that.
                BBS RX 16x7 et35 with a 1" spacer up front and a 2" out back

They're on an early model, so the back has a bit more room.
                Byron
                Leichtbau

Comment

This is a STRETCH... but would a 205/50 fit on a 9" rim?
                  I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                  2875-C Towerview Road
                  Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                    BBS RX 16x7 et35 with a 1" spacer up front and a 2" out back

They're on an early model, so the back has a bit more room.
                    Weird. More pics necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_twin View Post
                      This is a STRETCH... but would a 205/50 fit on a 9" rim?
                      Easily.

Comment

Really? Would it look too goofy? I want to run an 8" rim in the front and a 9" in the rear. I have 205 tires for all around.
                        I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Delta Auto Care
                        2875-C Towerview Road
                        Herndon, VA

Comment

17x7.5 et40 will this work? spacers so make them sit flush? what tires?
                          Last edited by dannyg; 07-09-2009, 09:40 PM.
                          1993 325ic Schwarz/Natur
                          1991 318is Black/Black - Slicktop - Project s52
                          1989 Alpine White/Black M3 S52
                          1988 Henna/Pearl M3 <3

Comment

ok need some help. just got the car lowered. and i have keskin k1s. i know about having to run a 3 mm spacers for the car front to clear the strut. i don't like how high the car is and i want to run 205/50/16 instead of 205/45. would that be a problem. i was hoping to run a thicker tire to shorten up my gap some. let me know, thanks. keskins are 16x9 +15 offset

edit: or can you guys suggest a thicker tire that would work. im lowered on vogtlands so about 1.7 inches all around.
                            Last edited by johnwoo; 07-11-2009, 01:25 PM.

Comment

195/50 on a 9in. rim? Would that work? I thought I had 205/50s but I didn't

Delta Auto Care
                              2875-C Towerview Road
                              Herndon, VA

Comment

hey what a thread!! well currently i'm running basketweaves 14" and have been wanting to get something else. Spinning out in the rain on an onramp into the median to I-95 has accelerated my move. I'm on a budget and was thinking of buying a set of 16" sportmax wheels maybe even 17" even though I can't find any 17's with the right offset. will I need to change to different lug bolts if i get the sportmax w/ offset 15?

Comment

Working...
                                X