Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erik325i View Post
    Quick question:
    Which wheel will stick out farther, a 17x10 with et20 or a 16x8 et11? How much farther will it stick out?
    Thanks
    Erik
    17x10, by 16.4mm. Very large difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilawin View Post
      The 17x10. About 5/8" more.
      Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      17x10, by 16.4mm. Very large difference.
      Perfect, thanks guys.

Comment

If you hug the strut with a 16x9, then yeah 245/45/16 is possible with a lot of fender massaging. Think ET10 front or so, ET15 rear.
        Jay,

Thanks. Follow up question. If I was to stay at 235 instead, does that open up more options? I'm seeing people run a 17" wheel with a 235. I'm trying to get the easiest and most efficient way to go, so it doesn't need to be a 17.

Thanks.

Comment

hey Jay,

i am looking to refinish a set of wheels with widened lips. Original offset is et13 and stock lips are 2". What is the correct way to calculate the offset for every 1/2" or 1" i go bigger in lip size? thanks, pm me back if you have info.

thanks!

Comment

Sweet. What spacers if any did you end up using?
            I ended up going with a 10mm in the front, but in order not to seriously rub when i turn, i had to raise the car AND camber the front in 2 deg. The rear dont have any spacers, but i think that you could easily fit a 10-15mm spacer if you wanted to sit a tad more flush. Im gonna roll the fronts eventually so i can lower it back down. But im really stoked on how it looks. SO much meat in the front and rear! thanks jay.
            Turbo m30 drift car build.
            500whp or bust.
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=256525

Comment

how much work would http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...d.php?t=234330 those take, pending i get new tires all around, and spacers....? On a stock e30 suspension, and then lowered on IE springs, bilstien shocks, and adj. camber plates?

Comment

Originally posted by ukrbmw View Post
                Jay,

Thanks. Follow up question. If I was to stay at 235 instead, does that open up more options? I'm seeing people run a 17" wheel with a 235. I'm trying to get the easiest and most efficient way to go, so it doesn't need to be a 17.

Thanks.
                No 235/xx/16 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by namsayin View Post
                  hey Jay,

i am looking to refinish a set of wheels with widened lips. Original offset is et13 and stock lips are 2". What is the correct way to calculate the offset for every 1/2" or 1" i go bigger in lip size? thanks, pm me back if you have info.

thanks!
                  Divide the added width by 2 and subtract that figure from the original offset.

2.5" lip: ET13 - (0.5" / 2) = ET7, rounded off.

Comment

Originally posted by e30pwr View Post
                    how much work would http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...d.php?t=234330 those take, pending i get new tires all around, and spacers....? On a stock e30 suspension, and then lowered on IE springs, bilstien shocks, and adj. camber plates?
                    Nothing else. I'd suggest 20mm front and 25mm rear for spacing. And 215/40/17 tires again.

Comment

I've been looking for 16x8 rota slipstreams but seems like to get them the way I want I have to wait 2 months so I can't do that. I found a different set of wheels but they are 17x8 (et25) & 17x9 (et20). I have a 87 325is on bilstein sports & h&r race. Now I think they would fit but i'm unsure about tire sizes. I was thinking 215/40 up front w/ 245/35 in the rear so they would be the same diameter. or is there a size in between that I could fit on both rims? Any suggestions?

Comment

Mystikal...
                        I'm sorry if these questions have been asked before and I know this is an e30 Forum...
                        I just bought a '96 328is...
                        I've had an '84 325e for years and I still have it, but I am new to the e36 world..
                        I wanna buy some wheels and suspension for the e36...
                        I am probably going with GC coilovers for the drop...
                        For the wheels, I am probably going with 18's or even 19's...
                        If I want a flush fitment with no staggered wheel widths (unless I should run staggered widths on an e36), what offset am I looking for?
                        What wheel width do I want, Front and Back?
                        What is the max tire width I can go with the max wheel width you recommend?
                        And what is the stock Hub bore on an the e36?
                        I like the set-up you got going in your sig.
                        Finally, do you know of a good e36 factual website like Strictly eta is to the e30?
                        Thanks for your help. You should be paid for this. I only hope you can answer my questions before you decide to throw in the towel.
                        Last edited by R3VN R3D; 09-24-2009, 11:18 AM.
                        sigpic
                        "Drive like you mean it. Commit."
                        "Progress Fervently."

Comment

I may be looking to sell my bbs rsII's

now for my question; I bought a set of staggered m contours for my e36.

I may instead be getting a 5 lug e30, e36 m3 in front m roadster in back. the tires I have are 225/45/17 up front and 245/40/17 in back. Will the tires fit for an e30 or should I get something smaller
                          Last edited by ColdAccord; 09-24-2009, 12:56 AM.
                          Originally posted by blunt
                          can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

17x8et0 It should poke a little im sure. And yes im willing to stretch.

Tire size and Fender work necessary?

Comment

Jay, Thanks for this INFORMATIONAL thread! my question:
                              I have 15x7 BBS RS +25, for front and rear, and i am running 205/50/15s.
                              Can i run 20mm spacers all the way around?
                              1991 318IS

Comment

I think I need to sell my Borbet A wheels due to BBK upgrade. Im looking at the Keskins KT9 or KT 4 New racers

8.5x17 ET 30
                                or
                                7.5x17 ET 35

KT4 New Racers
                                8x17 ET 35

any of these wheels work w/o modification and what tire recommendations

appreciate the help!
                                "Driving anything else would be uncivilised"

Comment

Working...
                                X