Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ja burna View Post
    I'm looking for as wide as I can go without major surgery..

as for spacers,

front 5mm, and back 10mm? will this work?
    Go for either the 17x7.5 or 17x8, run 10mm spacers all around, and use 235/40/17 tires. You'll only need a pretty basic fender roll in the back.

If you don't want to roll anything, you can use staggered spacers (10mm front and 15mm back) with 215/40/17 tires. That'd look good.

Comment

Originally posted by etxxz View Post
      what about

225/45-17 front on 17x7.5" et41 (DSII) rims on my daily/drifting. I tend to rub in the inside back/frame at full lock. spacers? caster? I can adjust camber and caster to some extent on kmac plates.

For my track rims.

245/40-17's front and rear on 17 x 7.5's et41 (DSI rims)
      the front may rub on the frame/inside at full lock. I won't turn in that much unless i spin out.

currently running 235/40-17 RA-1 tires. finding affordable r-compounds on 245/35-17 may be difficult if they even exist.

[s52, e36M front/318ti rear 5-lug]
      Frankly the tires are too tall. 235/40/17 at 24.4" is the tallest tire I recommend. Your stuff is 25.0".

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
        yeah I didn't think the tires I had would fit, they were e36 fitment.

the guy I'm getting the car from has dsI's on it now, 17x7.5 all around, and he's running 235/40/17 all around. (may have rolled the fender lips I don't know). are dsI's the same offset as m contours?

So I could do the 235/40/17 up front, but what should I do in back considering it's an 8.5" wide wheel? Same thing and stretch it? or will it rub?
        Stick to the 235/40/17 in the back too then. It'll be close.

Comment

Originally posted by R3VN R3D View Post
          Sorry, I should clarify...
          To me flush fitment is just inside the fenders... enough to be able to turn while slammed with stock camber... no stretch or poke....
          I am trying to buy some wheels and I want just the right offset without spacers...
          If I want to run the same wheel width at all 4 corners, would the offsets be the same?
          Which wheel would give me the 'flush' fitment I want, a 18x8 et35 or et40?
          How about a 19x8 et35 or a 19x8.5 et 38?
          Ok, and finally, do you know what stock wheel width and offset are for my '97 328is? Where could I find that kinda info?
          Thats it... no more q's... Thanks Jay.

-Shawn
          If you want the same width to be flush all around, you will need about 5mm of spacing on the back or the offset to be 5mm lower.

18x8 et35 with a 225/40/18 is pretty close to the fender, yeah.

Both 19s will work, but e36s don't ride very well on 19s.

Stock wheels are either 15x7 ET47 or 16x7 ET47 depending on options. Or ET46, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by ruqknuf View Post
            I have a 1986 325 with Bilstein Sports and h&r springs. Is a staggered set up on an E30 stupid? Looking at possibly purchasing some used wheels, 4x100 - 16X7.5 (f), and 16X9 (r). What kind of tire set up is best or will work? or is 9 just too much?
            Any advise or help is appreciated . .
            Staggered is fine, especially if you keep all 4 tires the same size. I do this with my M3, as it gives the nice deep dish look at the back while maintaining neutral handing. 205/45/16 will work with your setup, but you have to tell me the offsets of the wheels too.

Comment

Originally posted by johnwoo View Post
              ok here is my setup, decided to go another route this time

keskin 16x9 +15 lowered on fk 60/40 springs. i know i need a 3mm spacers up front. i was wanting to go 5mm and 8mm spacers for front and rear. 205/45 tires. my question is can i go 8mm spacer in the rear? or should i just do 5mm all around. i am rolled in the rear also. thanks for the help
              8mm will work fine with the 205s. And careful with the 3mm, it sits CLOSE with those. After a week or so of driving pull the front wheels to make sure they aren't polishing the struts.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                Alright. hoefully thisll be the last question form me for a while. 16x8.5 et11.

should fit pretty flush maybe some poke.. 205/45 or a taller sidewall? Yes im perfectly ok with stretch, and i presume fender work will be needed
                205/45 is perfect. Just a fender roll in the back, nothing crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  8mm will work fine with the 205s. And careful with the 3mm, it sits CLOSE with those. After a week or so of driving pull the front wheels to make sure they aren't polishing the struts.
                  cool so you suggest the 5mm in front and the 8mm in the rears. im rolled slightly in the rear not quite flat yet.

Comment

Can't find snows for IX. Go bigger?

I have a set of 15 weaves for the IX i was going to put snows on, but tire rack has no tires in the standard size.

They do have tires in a 205/60/15. Only .2inch larger side wall. Can i get them to fit stock setup, or do i need to look beyond tire rack for the correct size?

Comment

would 16" x 7" rims with a +35mm offset require a spacer? I'd be looking to get the face of the wheel flush with the flair
                      The tires currently installed on the rims are 205/40/16

if anyone has wheels with similar dimensions please post a pic
                      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Freshjive View Post
                        would 16" x 7" rims with a +35mm offset require a spacer? I'd be looking to get the face of the wheel flush with the flair

thanks
                        i can answer this one. yes needs about 20-25 mm spacer

Comment

Originally posted by johnwoo View Post
                          cool so you suggest the 5mm in front and the 8mm in the rears. im rolled slightly in the rear not quite flat yet.
                          Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by GermanDriver View Post
                            I have a set of 15 weaves for the IX i was going to put snows on, but tire rack has no tires in the standard size.

They do have tires in a 205/60/15. Only .2inch larger side wall. Can i get them to fit stock setup, or do i need to look beyond tire rack for the correct size?
                            195/60/15 or 185/65/15. Both have tires available, and both will be better in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshjive View Post

thanks
                              What he said. Maybe 20mm front 25mm rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                                Divide the added width by 2 and subtract that figure from the original offset.

2.5" lip: ET13 - (0.5" / 2) = ET7, rounded off.
                                et13 -(0.25) = et7?

care to explain that one more time jay? that process doesnt quite make sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X