Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZinnoE30 View Post
    this has probably been covered but what size tires are best on euroweaves? 205/55 or 225/50? I'm lowered on Eibach springs and maybe a small spacer in the future.
    The 225 can very slightly rub unrolled fenders, depending on the exact tire. If you plan to ever put spacers, stick to the 205.

Comment

So, these are on the way from ZM Blue Devil...tire fitment? looking to get as much rubber as I can on them.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Disaster Inc View Post
        So, these are on the way from ZM Blue Devil...tire fitment? looking to get as much rubber as I can on them.
        Yeah I saw the thread, 15x7 ET12, right? Anything bigger than a 205/50 will require a lot of fender massaging.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          Yeah I saw the thread, 15x7 ET12, right? Anything bigger than a 205/50 will require a lot of fender massaging.
          Lip roll maybe for 225's?
          sigpic

Comment

225/45/16 will still work, if anything it will be the slightest touch at the rear lips when the car is loaded up. I've run that exact same section width and offset on my car, and it only ever brushed (and I mean literally brushed, you could barely hear it and it left the lightest polished line on the tire) when I had 5+ people in the car.

That said, there aren't many cheap 225/45/16 options. Just get a 205/50, and nothing will beat the Falken ZE-912 for the money in that size.
            I bought 205/50/16 Dunlop Direzza Dz101's - same tires as I have on my MINI only the MINI has 215/45/17's - picked them up for $87 a piece delivered to my dealership, so I'm happy. I've had REALLY good luck with the Direzzas on my MINI so far - amazing in the wet and dry, stiff sidewall and great handling, very quiet, and wearing well so far. The vert will rarely see anything but a bright sunny day, but it's nice to know it'll still run fine in the wet. For now the 205/45 pirellis will stay in the front, until I run them down a bit and then I'll get another pair for the front depending on how they do for me.

I am concerned about the negative camber on the vert though - I get the feeling I'll be chewing through these...
            Originally posted by alpinaclone
            Since the real economy is in the shitter, I say we start our own.

This is how it works; you buy my junk, then I will buy more junk and so on so forth etc. etc. Think of the future of your children and buy my stuff.

Comment

225/50/16 will be a problem. A problem large enough that simple fender work won't be enough once the suspension has to compress fully while the wheel is turned for a large bump. The tire will contact the front fenders, and pull them out nicely. I always try to veer people away from tires that large (a full inch bigger than stock).

The 215/45/16 RT-615, on the other hand, won't even require fender rolling with those wheels and will still provide loads of traction.
              Awesome, thanks for the reply. Just one question, are the 215s going to be pretty square shouldered or will they have some stretch on the 8" rim (not looking for stretch)?

EDIT: Which would you recommend: 215/45 RT-615s ($500) or 225/45 T/A KDW-2's ($620) for a DD/weekend track/autox car?
              Last edited by Jugdish; 06-23-2008, 09:23 PM.

Comment

The 225 can very slightly rub unrolled fenders, depending on the exact tire. If you plan to ever put spacers, stick to the 205.
                Thank you sir.
                sigpic

Comment

15X7 with a 35 offset.
                  running a 195 tire.

Spacers required?

for Axis OG San's.

Comment

Anything is possible with some heavy fender work. I would suggest strongly against the 225/50/15, as the height will make the fitment even more difficult. In addition, a sidewall that tall looks REALLY odd stretched (try finding some pics online, it's horrible). A 215/45/15 would be a very aggressive stretch, but would be the easiest for fitment. Toyo also makes this size. As for the offset, you'd have to go with around ET-4 (yes, negative). You may be able to get it very slightly higher, but it will already be close to a few different suspension parts.

Honestly I wouldn't recommend going to that kind of extreme, 15x10s are a hard sell on an E30 without flares. 17x10 is actually simpler, as you can push the offset up much higher and avoid heavy fender work. I wouldn't suggest going past a 15x9 at around ET13. That's a nice flush fitment with the same 215/45/15 tires mounted.
                    Thanks, I'll be looking into that stuff, was just curious as they only have 15x8 or 15x10
                    I'm thinkin I'll get et0 and see where that lands me... can get spacers for the 4 if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by Disaster Inc View Post
                      Lip roll maybe for 225's?
                      More than. I wouldn't even try it.

Comment

Originally posted by ethirdy View Post
                        I bought 205/50/16 Dunlop Direzza Dz101's - same tires as I have on my MINI only the MINI has 215/45/17's - picked them up for $87 a piece delivered to my dealership, so I'm happy. I've had REALLY good luck with the Direzzas on my MINI so far - amazing in the wet and dry, stiff sidewall and great handling, very quiet, and wearing well so far. The vert will rarely see anything but a bright sunny day, but it's nice to know it'll still run fine in the wet. For now the 205/45 pirellis will stay in the front, until I run them down a bit and then I'll get another pair for the front depending on how they do for me.

I am concerned about the negative camber on the vert though - I get the feeling I'll be chewing through these...
                        You seriously like the DZ101? It's a good drift tire (excellent response and can take heat), but it's miserable in the wet, pretty noisy, rides hard, etc. The ZE-912 is even cheaper and is better in almost every regard.

But if you're happy, I'm happy. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Jugdish View Post
                          Awesome, thanks for the reply. Just one question, are the 215s going to be pretty square shouldered or will they have some stretch on the 8" rim (not looking for stretch)?

EDIT: Which would you recommend: 215/45 RT-615s ($500) or 225/45 T/A KDW-2's ($620) for a DD/weekend track/autox car?
                          It won't be perfectly square, there will be a slight pull inwards.

I've run both of those tires, and currently have the KDW on my M3 (in 235/40/17 flavour). I've found that the KDW can do 95% of what the RT-615 can do in 10/10ths driving while being easier to live with everyday (much longer treadlife, much better for hydroplaning, etc). I even autox'd on them without moving the pressures past BMW-spec (32F 36R) and didn't have to bump them up even slightly. I'm a big fan of them. The cost difference is completely reversed when you realize that the BFG will literally last twice as long as the Falken.

Also, keep in mind what with the KDW you will have to roll the fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Eviltwin View Post
                            15X7 with a 35 offset.
                            running a 195 tire.

Spacers required?

for Axis OG San's.

They should JUST clear the struts, depending on the shape of the tire's shoulder and size of the rim protector.

But they would look 10x better with 20-25mm spacers and those tires.

Comment

will these fit on my 318i?
                              16' rota slipstream rims
                              sigpic
                              "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

More than. I wouldn't even try it.
                                OK thanks...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X