Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by kid8 View Post
    16x7.5 et20. Car is a late model with h&r sports. Could a 205/50/16 fit without rolling? It has a 1.5mm space in the front for a brake kit.
    1.5mm or 15mm? Former, sure, it'll fit. The latter may push the wheels out too far and catch the fender while turning.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
    Hi Jay, got a question for ya

I want to go 16x9 et15 in the rear of my cabrio on H&R sport springs (for now). I want stock diameter (or slightly greater; my car has a 4.10 rear) and not too much of a stretch.

How can I fit 245/45? I'm also looking at 225/50 or 225/45. I can roll my fenders but not sure I want to pull them just yet. Thanks!
    205/45 maximum. Too low of an offset to fit more without rubbing.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by CrazyIvan View Post
    Looking at a staggered set with the following specs:

15x8 ET8, 15x9 ET-6

I'm at stock height, and might go for an enthusiast drop (verse stancer).
    How will this be for fitment, and will I need spacers?
    Offsets far too low.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by Flexx View Post
    So I just received a set of 16x8 et25 ( but ordered 16x8 et20) and before I send them back I was wondering what size tires I should run and will they work without rubbing? The car will be lowered 2"-3" max drop and I was looking at using 205/50/16 tires previously.

Will I need to do and rolling of the fenders or use spacers?

I have a 89 e30 325is.

Thanks ahead of time.
    You're going to need 3mm front spacers to use those. I'd return them, personally.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by gammapowered View Post
    Hello, Im looking at XXR 527 17's. I see that there are a few options. I like the idea of the staggered setup. 8.25 front et 25, and the 9.75 rear et25. What is the right size tires, i prefer max width. Also what spacers would i need. I really want wider tires for the performance.

Thank you,
    The staggered rear setup is far too wide to fit a proper tire. Get the 17x8.25 square and run 235/40 all around with a rear fender roll. Ideal grip setup.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by MogSpeedE30 View Post
    Need some advice on what tires, here is the current setup

Wheels: 16x7.5 ET30 Borbet Type C

Car: 1987 325i Sedan

Modifications: Front Fenders Rolled, Rear Quarters still stock, Bilstein Sports, H&R Super Sport Springs

Current Tires: 205/55R16 Front, 225/50R16 Rear (long story on the stagger)

Looking at doing 205/50R16 Front and 225/50R16 rear, wondering what spacers i would need and if i would have to do rear quarter work (would love to do 225/50 all around)
    I had those same wheels and they rubbed the front struts without spacers. Are you saying you're clearing them with massive 205/55s too? That's weird.

I recommend 3mm front spacers and 225/45 tires all around. You're getting away with massively oversized tires at the moment it seems but I can't recommend it.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by Staszek View Post
    Ok I ditched all my other plans and I need the following info.

1990 325is, it will be on Koni Adjustables with H&R Sport springs. I have IE Wilwood BBK the 16" slim versions.

I want to run 16x8 all around with 225/45R16, although if its better I could make the barrels 7.5

I am currently having custom BBS RS's made so I can do any offset I need. I was thinking ET22 would clear the rears so I would not have to roll.

If that wont work is there an ET in the rear that will work so I dont have to roll?
    +22 all around is great for 225/45s

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by haaken675 View Post
    with 17x8.25 et25 wheels would 215/45's work? Would I need to roll my fenders just to get them to fit? If so, what would be a more preferable size (if there is one)?

Thanks
    Without rolling, 215/40 is perfect. With a rear roll (mild), 235/40 all around is possible.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Corbett View Post
    Came across a deal I couldn't pass up. Style 42's 17X8.5 and 7.5 staggered set. Currently has 245x45 and 225X45's mounted on them I think they are ET41 but they are not marked. I have a 1989 325I with H&R Sport springs and Bilstein Sports. I have the 42 Draft design 18mm 4 to 5 lug adapters. I am open to a mild fender roll if needed. Also open to e36 M3 struts. Any chance these will fit or what tire will fit or just dismount tires and run on my BBS RS's on my E24?
    Awesome and rare. They should be +41 square off a Z3. 18mm adapters are perfect. I'd run 205/45 front 215/45 rear, personally.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by garciabe View Post
    Enkei 92 15x8 et 25

Planning on mounting these on to the car in the next few weeks. Car is currently stock height but will be installing m3 springs with hds, purchased the spacers, now just need the proper tire. I know many people run 205/50 but would 225/45 fit and not rub?
    You should state what size spacers you purchased. If it's the recommend 3-5mm front only, then 225/45 will fit all around no problem.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by sslum View Post
    Hello, on my 1989 e30 sedan was wondering if these offsets will be aggressive but not too pokey.
    Edit:
    Front 16x9 215/45 et5
    Rear 16x9 on 215/45 I've read et5 is flush.

I'm running fifteen52 formula TRs.

I know slight camber might be needed I have plates.

Here is image I'm going for. Except he is 16x9.5 rear

So eventually I will go bagged(not looking for static vs air debate!)
    But don't want the wheels to look to "donk" with my current height. Which is pretty low for springs

Let me know thanks!
    205/45s would suit this fitment a lot better. It will still rub, and require a ton of fender massaging. But it's doable.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by Taiontrack View Post
    All -

Currently looking at running a 16x8 5x120 Et14 on a '92 E30Ic. Tire choice not yet defined, so feel free to add recommendations there as well. I will need to run adapters

I'm looking for the wheels to be flush as possible, but not pokey - how would these fit, look, etc.?

Car has bilstein shocks with eibach springs.

Thank you for an insight and feedback provided
    If you need to run adapters, the offset is already too low to work.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by Djnewman001 View Post
    Sorry if this particular setup was asked before but i searched abs couldn't find it. Looking to get a set of 17x8 +30 and don't want to roll fenders. Does anyone know if this will fit with 205/40 17s?

Thanks and again, sorry if i overlooked this question.
    5mm front spacers and you can fit a lot more tire than that. I recommend 215/40 or 235/40 all around. No rolling needed.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by IF1960 View Post
    Billi sports with IE3 springs ..

Can I run 225/45 on 15x7 et25 fronts w/o spacers and roll ?

I'm combining with 225/45 on 15x8 et25 rear ..

or am I better running with 205/50 on the fronts ??

TIA
    Ooh, nice. Run the 225/45s square. Tons of turn-in grip, no mods needed.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by M40_316i View Post
    Well Mystical i didn't expect that you would be active after so many years! I mean you are beyond a forum moderator, you are a something like a doctor for the E30 enthusiasts that cannot find peace with their cars! I really admire you, i wish you the best my friend..!!!

Well after many modifications i finally accepted the fact that 7x15 ET12 is not the correct wheel for the late facelift E30 i have. There is no way to use the car 100%. The look is fine but when two people stay in the back, or worse when you put things in the trunk and you have people in the back the rubbing is always here, no matter the height of the car. What pisses me off is that 205/55/15 tyres are more expensive than the 7X15 et12 wheels, so it is pointless to buy expesive tyres just to tear them apart after 100miles...

The question is, sould i buy second hand original 15'' bbs 15X7 et24 or a new set of Ronal LS 15x7,5 et25 ? Is the fitment exactly the same? Do you have any opinion of the quality of Ronal LS or they are cheap made wheels?

You see the whole point of aftermarket wheels is they have the beatiful lip aroud the wheel that the originals do not have....

BR Mystical!!!
    No problem! Yeah I'm still here, sometimes not certain why, but hey I'm here!

15x7 +12 works well with a 205/50.

Ronal LS are fantastic quality wheels. I'd buy those. You can even fit 225/50/15s on them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X