Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
    So 205/55r15s on 15x7.5 et0 wheels rubbed ever so slightly in the rear with a half assed roll (lips are bent to a 45° angle with a baseball bat). Still managed to get to the belts before cutting deeper than the letters.

Now I wanna play offroad. if I finish rolling my fenders flat a 205/70r15 on the same rim should be good, right? What about 225/70?

Looking at the new General Grabber AT3 that's coming out this spring.
    So it's already rubbing pretty severely, and you want to run a tire that's like 2" taller? No, they won't even be close to working. Don't do this, buy wheels that fit.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by drumsauce View Post
    spacer (size? bolt on or extended lug type?) and tire (size?) advice needed...

1987 325e sedan

bagged

16x7.5 et38 wheels

Like the flush look. "FuN" car for cruising and hard parking...have another car for corners and speed.

Your guidance is gold.

Thanks in advance!
    You'll spend $300-400 on hardware to fit those flush. 25mm front, at least 30mm rear bolt-on spacers. IMO it's just not worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by Staszek View Post
    So what would be the perfect offset on a 16x8 wheel front and rear to fit 225/45R16 tires

I can roll the rear but is there an offset that would fit my car perfectly. 1990 325is.

When I say perfectly I am not a fan of the poke I would like it flush, I will be running H&R sports.
    +23 is ideal.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    Greetings,

Can anyone tell me if these wheels will fit my 1992 E30 318i convertible with stock suspension?

Here is the link with the wheel specifications listed below.

Style: RS Style

Size: F&R: 16X7.5

Bolt pattern: 4X100/114.3

Offset: F&R: 35MM

Hub Bore: 73.1mm

THANKS VERY MUCH
    With $200 worth of spacers and rings, yes. But just find similar in an offset between +15 and +25. They will bolt up then. There's like 500 factories in China pumping out those fakes you can find any size or offset, just search more.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by VBe30 View Post
    Jay,

Thank you for the response! Do you think it would be possible to run a 235/40 in the rear instead for more width/less stretch? I'm been looking at examples of e39 style 32s and I've seen the same specs tires suggested, but two have been running adapters (18mm and 20mm)and one running z3 rear hubs(+23)

With the z4 hub it only pushes out 2.5mm. So my thought is I have between 15.5- 20.5mm more space between the hub and fender than the above mentioned setups.

Also, could I run more tire in the front with the fenders rolled?

Not a huge fan of stretched tires, but will deal because I like the wheels.

Thanks!
    It'll rub with any more tire. The offsets are too low.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by d.brocco View Post
    Hey Jay - you are seriously the man for doing this for so long. I've read nearly the whole thing but that was while trying to fit other wheels :P

I have an 88 vert and am now looking at:

16x8 fronts ET25 - thinking 205-40s
    16x9 rears ET20 - in 215-40s

I drive the shit out of everything. Am i in the game here?

Darien
    Hey Darien,

The fronts are too high of an offset and will rub the strut housings. I'd go +15 there, and run either 195/45 or 205/45 tires. 205/40 will pop/bubble. Rears will work as is.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by ezrez View Post
    Jay,
    Any thoughts on how I could fit BBS RM's on my '92 vert? I know stock on the wheels is 15x6.5 et 33.
    I'm looking at a set that 8" wide with bigger lips. I'd want to have 3" lips on the rear. Would that work?
    Suspension is GC conversion kit.

Thanks
    15x8 with a 2" lip is about the maximum width for RMs on an E30. They're already at +14 offset, any more lip and they become difficult to fit properly.

Leave a comment:

• KYdirte30
    replied
    15x8.5 et17 tire selection

What's up guys. I'm a noob in the wheel/tire game so looking for knowledge. Gonna be running 15x8.5 wheel with et17. Wondering what a good tire size would be to run without rubbing (don't wanna have to roll the fenders if I don't have to). My 325is couple is lowered a little on GC coils. Also wondering if I'm gonna have to run spacers.

Leave a comment:

• mdlax30
    replied
    Ahoy!

I have a 91' 318is, stock ride height. I was looking to put on Varrstoen DS12's in 15x8 et25. What tire size would work without fender modification or looking completely silly (I don't mind a slight stretch)? I was thinking tire sizes 205/50/15, 195/50/15 or 205/55/15?
    http://www.varrstoen.com/product/ds12-2/

Leave a comment:

• kid8
    replied
    16x7.5 et20. Car is a late model with h&r sports. Could a 205/50/16 fit without rolling? It has a 1.5mm space in the front for a brake kit.

Leave a comment:

• Das Delfin
    replied
    I was doing more reading and it looks like a 245 is way too wide! However a 225/50 tire is 632mm tall compared to a stock 195/65 being 610mm. Which means fender gap is reduced by 11mm, less than half an inch. I'm on H&R sports, not low really. I don't see why the tire being 11mm closer to the fender would matter. I mean, lowering springs will produce more of a reduction in clearance. Is there another factor I should be thinking about?

Trying to do as much of an education guess as possible because I want to keep this setup for a while.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
    Hi Jay, got a question for ya

I want to go 16x9 et15 in the rear of my cabrio on H&R sport springs (for now). I want stock diameter (or slightly greater; my car has a 4.10 rear) and not too much of a stretch.

How can I fit 245/45? I'm also looking at 225/50 or 225/45. I can roll my fenders but not sure I want to pull them just yet. Thanks!
    245/45 wont fit on a 16x9 et 15 it will rub. 225/45 could not sure about that offset. 225/50 is too tall.

Leave a comment:

• Das Delfin
    replied
    Hi Jay, got a question for ya

I want to go 16x9 et15 in the rear of my cabrio on H&R sport springs (for now). I want stock diameter (or slightly greater; my car has a 4.10 rear) and not too much of a stretch.

How can I fit 245/45? I'm also looking at 225/50 or 225/45. I can roll my fenders but not sure I want to pull them just yet. Thanks!
    Last edited by Das Delfin; 03-06-2017, 06:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    ET20 works. I run 16x8s with 225/45/16 Star Specs
    Thanks just ordered the star specs

Leave a comment:

• CrazyIvan
    replied
    Looking at a staggered set with the following specs:

15x8 ET8, 15x9 ET-6

I'm at stock height, and might go for an enthusiast drop (verse stancer).
    How will this be for fitment, and will I need spacers?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X