Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Click View Post
    Apex wheels with stock suspension (gc coilover to come in the next month or two). 235 Toyo Proxy R1Rs all around. I know the rears will have to be rolled but do I need to pick up camber plates for the front?
    No camber plates needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      Your front-rear stance will be WAY off. You'll probably want at least a 15mm spacer in addition to the adapter.

Also, you will have quite a bit of stretch as well as undersized diameter to fit the rears, in addition to a flat fender roll.

Basically, I don't think your setup is what you want.
      Thanks for the response, I figured this would be the case. In a square setup (17x8 +20et) what would be a good tire to run assuming the same 18mm adapter?
      - Greg
      α Team Founding Member
      1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
      2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

Offset and tire size question: Cars are 1985 325e with Bilstein HD's, suspension is otherwise stock; and 1990 325i with Bilstein Sports and H&R race springs.
        I've never considered 17's in the past, 15's are fine for me but tires are harder and harder to find. These Costco 17's are cheap (some company called Velox?) and there are more options for tires with 17's. So it's time I learn what offsets of 17's fit both early and late model cars, and also what size tires to use with 17's. Not really interested in rolling fenders.
        There are two styles I'm thinking of currently:
        The first is 17X7 with an offset of 40. Will this fit with out spacers and what size tires?
        The other is a 17X7.5 and comes in either 35 or 40 offset. Spacers? Tire size?

As a general rule, what offsets should I be looking for when shopping for 17" wheels?
        Thanks

Comment

looking at some 17" basketweaves from an E39 to put on my E30. I'm not looking to be stanced or flush, so what thickness adapters would I need and be able to maintain a zero +/- camber? suspension is Bilstein full spring/strut/shock system, apprx 1.75" drop. I currently tuck tire slightly on 205/50R16s without camber correction.

Comment

Ok im sure this question has been asked before but i couldnt find the info after searching for quite a while.

I found on another forum that standard wheel offset for most e30s was:

14" Basketweaves: 14x6.5", ET30 (all iS cars and some eS cars)

I'm starting my search for Rs's. If I went with a 4x100 wheel what offset range could I go with without having fitment problems? I'm willing to roll fenders, (have done it in the past). And I'm willing to run spacers, as long as I know what i need.

I belive higher offset means more mm out from the hub face? Is that correct? So a ET45 wheel would need 15mm spacers to fit up? 45-15=et30 correct?

Also if i go to a 5 lug e36 conversions, what offsets can I go with with the 5x120 wheels? Again i dont mind fender rolling.

Fender pulling on the other hand im not capable of and dont want to spend the money on.

I think it would be easier to find 17" RS's in 5x120 sizing, from my limited research. It appears 4x100 is mostly 15 and 16" RS.

Thanks for anyone thats willing to help.
            -Evan

Comment

Originally posted by gergpez View Post
              Thanks for the response, I figured this would be the case. In a square setup (17x8 +20et) what would be a good tire to run assuming the same 18mm adapter?
              195/45 or 205/40. Requires a flat roll in the rear and possibly on the front also depending on height and camber.

Comment

Originally posted by mjg23bmw View Post
                Offset and tire size question: Cars are 1985 325e with Bilstein HD's, suspension is otherwise stock; and 1990 325i with Bilstein Sports and H&R race springs.
                I've never considered 17's in the past, 15's are fine for me but tires are harder and harder to find. These Costco 17's are cheap (some company called Velox?) and there are more options for tires with 17's. So it's time I learn what offsets of 17's fit both early and late model cars, and also what size tires to use with 17's. Not really interested in rolling fenders.
                There are two styles I'm thinking of currently:
                The first is 17X7 with an offset of 40. Will this fit with out spacers and what size tires?
                The other is a 17X7.5 and comes in either 35 or 40 offset. Spacers? Tire size?

As a general rule, what offsets should I be looking for when shopping for 17" wheels?
                Thanks
                You want the final offset near +20, so a 20mm spacer for a +40 wheel or a 15mm for a +35 wheel. Same thing on both E30s. 215/40/17 is the default 17" size.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboSam View Post
                  looking at some 17" basketweaves from an E39 to put on my E30. I'm not looking to be stanced or flush, so what thickness adapters would I need and be able to maintain a zero +/- camber? suspension is Bilstein full spring/strut/shock system, apprx 1.75" drop. I currently tuck tire slightly on 205/50R16s without camber correction.
                  You can't. Without adapters, if they would bolt up, the E39 wheels would fill the arches. With the adapters they are poking.

Comment

Originally posted by quillbro View Post
                    Ok im sure this question has been asked before but i couldnt find the info after searching for quite a while.

I found on another forum that standard wheel offset for most e30s was:

14" Basketweaves: 14x6.5", ET30 (all iS cars and some eS cars)

I'm starting my search for Rs's. If I went with a 4x100 wheel what offset range could I go with without having fitment problems? I'm willing to roll fenders, (have done it in the past). And I'm willing to run spacers, as long as I know what i need.

I belive higher offset means more mm out from the hub face? Is that correct? So a ET45 wheel would need 15mm spacers to fit up? 45-15=et30 correct?

Also if i go to a 5 lug e36 conversions, what offsets can I go with with the 5x120 wheels? Again i dont mind fender rolling.

Fender pulling on the other hand im not capable of and dont want to spend the money on.

I think it would be easier to find 17" RS's in 5x120 sizing, from my limited research. It appears 4x100 is mostly 15 and 16" RS.

Thanks for anyone thats willing to help.
                    -Evan
                    Offset depends on width, but in general +15 to +25 is safe. E36 hubs = E36 wheel offsets, so +35 to +41.

Comment

Planning on some 18x8 +35 all the way around with m3 front set up and z3 rear hubs on an 89 cabrio..would 215/35/18 be best all the way around? Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by aceoneib View Post
                        Planning on some 18x8 +35 all the way around with m3 front set up and z3 rear hubs on an 89 cabrio..would 215/35/18 be best all the way around? Any suggestions are highly appreciated.
                        Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                          Yup.
                          Thank you sir. Will post pics once project is complete.

Comment

I was checking about tire combos here:

my current setup that will be leaving is Rota Slips with 225/50/16(632mm of height) Really tall combo IMO not my doing PO did it.

But I looked up some images and saw 215/40 and 45s for 17" that I will be running.

With the 17x8 in the front I know I wanna stick with a 215 for clearance on my adjuster nut for the coils. But with the rears 17x9 and 235/40/17(620mm) Then switching to the fronts 215/40/17(604mm) that is not close to the rear and looks really tiny in pictures on google. the 45 ratio looks alot better and has a final of 626mm. 6mm is not anything to notice. Again fenders don't mean a thing to me. Only question is do you think I should match ratios to have an over all matching height?

And vs the Rota's I will gain more clearance and the custom spacers will take care of the adjuster nut issue since the wheels are a 38et.

Never combo'd different sidewall ratios so that is why I am asking. Seems logical to me though. Thanks again man
                            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                            ~ '87 535
                            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Scenario 1: h and r sports and 17x7 beyern mesh wheels. What tire size would look good and be ideal?
                              scenario 2: JOM coilovers and 17x7 beyern mesh wheels. What tire size for this setup?

Comment

Looking for a good auto-x track setup
                                currently have H&R race 15mm spring pads rear, drop hats in the front. Rear fenders already rolled.

I want some Apex arc 17x8 et20 with either a 235/40-17 all around or 245/40-17(cheaper).
                                Just need to know if they would clear the struts and and be able to clear rolled fenders.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X