Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16x8
    +20
    245/45/16 in rear
    Fenders are rolled
    How would that go?

Comment

Here's the wheel:

16x8 +15 for the front
      16x9 +18 for the rear

Will I have any fitment issues? My fenders are not rolled or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by drez14 View Post
        Thanks so much for your response. I just want to confirm, this size will fit all around or just fronts?

thanks again
        All around. Or 195/50.

Comment

Originally posted by fporro View Post
          Aloha,

my 205/50/16 tires have plenty of life left and wondering if i can re-used them on ..

16x8 et25 and 16x9 et10 with 20mm 4x100 to 5x114 adaptors

current setup:

- 15mm spacer
          - 16x7 et27
          - 16x7.5 et35
          - coilovers
          - gc c/c plates
          - k-mac adjt t/a bushing
          - 310mm 6 pot bbk
          - 87 325iC

Front fenders are damage due to rubbing, so rolling them is not an issue., rears are intact and do not want to modify them.

cheers,
          Frank
          Unfortunately no, the tires won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Gooneric View Post
            I am thinking of going for ESM Wheels for my 86 Euro Coupe.. someone here has 2 16x8 ET 20 and 2 16x8 ET 15 for sale , would these work? I am currently using 16x7 wheels with 2 week old 205/50/16 tires and want to know if the ESM wheels will fit and if i can reuse the tires i have.
            Yes, to re-use the tires a rear fender roll is necessary. Not needed for a 205/45.

Comment

Originally posted by dvid3k View Post
              I've got a late model e30, I will be running h&r sports or eibach pro springs, the wheel I want to run is a MSR 228, two options
              1. 15x8 et 25 all four wheels with 205/50/15
              2. 15x8 et 25 fronts and 15x9 et 15 rears, tires?

I would like to run something like a 205 50 15 tire, what tire combo would be best for the staggered set up and would any spacers or fender rolling needn to be done? Thanks!
              Needs 3mm front spacers to clear the struts. First setup is perfect, no rolling. Second setup would need 205/50 rear tires and may need a fender roll depending on height.

Comment

Originally posted by evilming 6n2 View Post
                Hi i have 17" / 8,5 et20 will 5mm clear my strut up front running D2 coils all round tyres are 205/40/17 thanks for your help
                Yup, should clear.

Comment

Originally posted by REAL View Post
                  need some advice and pics of some one running 16x9 +20 at all 4

BBS RS
                  16x9 needs +12 to clear most front suspension setups.

Comment

Originally posted by fporro View Post
                    can a 1 inch poke work without modifiying rear arches ?,
                    205/50/16 and 16x9 et9 with 20mm adaptor (4 to 5 lug)., coilovers and adjt t/a bushing.

looks like a little too much poke, or is that ok?
                    16x9 -11 is far too aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by DetailAddict View Post
                      looking to fit some 225 for track use. What's a good setup for wheels and profile/diameter for the tires? Currently running on BC Coilovers.

Leo
                      Anything 7-8" wide and +20 to +25. 225/45/15, 225/45/16, 235/40/17...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spacely View Post
                        I have a late model e30 with a 5 lug swap; z3m rear, e36 m3 front tc kline coilovers. Now the problem is I like the way 16" wheels look better than 17" my problem is clearing the m3 calipers up front. I have very little wheel knowledge especially when it comes to fitment. Ideally I'd like to run some sort of mesh wheel such as hre, hayashi, epsilon or ideally bbs e50s.

My main question, is will any of these wheels clear the calipers up front?
                        Or what do I need to do to get them to fit?

Keep in mind I haven't started looking yet as I have no idea what to look for, and I am not 100% set on any particular wheel. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
                        I know off the top of my head about 8 16" wheels that clear E36 M3 brakes and the only one possibly of interest to you are BBS RS. The rest, no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by T.O. View Post
                          Just got a 318i 1985. Going to throw raceland coils on it(know they aren't that great) Planning to get DR steelies. In the front ,16×8 ET 0 195/40 yokohama S.drives. In the rear 16×10 ET 0 215/40 yokohama S.Drives. Will this setup be fine with just rolling of fenders? Should the rear be 0 or 12 ET? I Don't want to have to run camber. Sorry I don't know alot about fitment. Any recommendations on setup would be appreciated. Thanks!
                          I'd go 16x8 +0 195/45 16x10 +25 215/40

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyOg View Post
                            5x114.3
                            16x7.5 +45 x2
                            16x7.5 +35 x2 bbs rs'
                            will these fit on my 318 with adapters?
                            Not sure what model rs's they are.
                            Would want to be able to run them with a 205 width tire if possible.
                            Yup, they're about ideal with 25mm adapters. Use 205/45 all around.

Comment

Originally posted by BaconLiar View Post
                              What does it take to run 16x10 all around?
                              Looking around +0ish offset?

What about 16x9 +0 offset as well?
                              Probably a 205/45 or 215/40
                              -3 offset for most front struts. +13 for rears. A shitload of fender work, camber, stretch, etc etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by hw612 View Post
                                i have some 16x7 et 23 after adapters the effective offset will be 3 how will these sit? and whats a good tire size? i can go to 1.5inch adapters will it sit like a 16x8 et0 with those?
                                195/45, should work. Don't space them any more than 20mm.

Comment

Working...
                                X