Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Insomniac912 View Post
    I have a set of 4 Borbet A's 16x9 ET15 that require some fresh rubber. What would be my best option for driving around on NJ's shitty roads? Appreciate your expertise.
    205/45/16. It's about the tallest sidewall you can comfortably fit for extra cushyness, and wide enough to protect the wheel lips from at least some road debris.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      205/45/16. It's about the tallest sidewall you can comfortably fit for extra cushyness, and wide enough to protect the wheel lips from at least some road debris.
      Thank you so much.

Comment

How high would the car sit? I would also like to drop it down a bit, it's sitting on adjustables..

Comment

i have 17x8 BBS style 5s filled and drill to 4x100 that ill be putting on my '88 vert. I'm on h&r sports and bilstein sports. ive already decided on 215 40 17 as the tire size. i need a 10mm spacer to clear the front brakes. what size spacer should i get for the rear, 15mm?? also what tire brand/model would you recommend?

Comment

I'm really terrible at figuring out the spacing for wheels and what not, but I'm looking at a set of konig remembers 16x7.5 et30. What would be a good tire size, little on the beefy side, for them and what kind of spacing should I use to get 'em nice and flush with the fenders?

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
            Originally posted by scabzzzz
            I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
            1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
            2002 325i - DD
            2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Insomniac912 View Post
              How high would the car sit? I would also like to drop it down a bit, it's sitting on adjustables..
              Height is determined by the suspension, the tires are marginal. Go as low as you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Tismael711 View Post
                i have 17x8 BBS style 5s filled and drill to 4x100 that ill be putting on my '88 vert. I'm on h&r sports and bilstein sports. ive already decided on 215 40 17 as the tire size. i need a 10mm spacer to clear the front brakes. what size spacer should i get for the rear, 15mm?? also what tire brand/model would you recommend?
                Deciding on tires already is a problem. Without any spacers at all it will already be on the verge of rubbing. Once spacers are mounted it probably wouldn't roll.

If you're interested in spacing them out, use 205/40 tires instead. With a rear fender roll you should be able to fit the 10/15mm spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by gtdragon980 View Post
                  I'm really terrible at figuring out the spacing for wheels and what not, but I'm looking at a set of konig remembers 16x7.5 et30. What would be a good tire size, little on the beefy side, for them and what kind of spacing should I use to get 'em nice and flush with the fenders?
                  15mm spacers x 4, 205/50/16 tires.

Comment

What's the lowest offset I could run on a 14x7 wheel and still run a 205/55? Fender rolling is assumed.
                    sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

Originally posted by canakami View Post
                      What's the lowest offset I could run on a 14x7 wheel and still run a 205/55? Fender rolling is assumed.
                      I used R888 data. +10 for a late car, +5 for an early car.

Comment

I used R888 data. +10 for a late car, +5 for an early car.
                        That's the idea :grin: thanks!
                        sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

Hey Mystikal, I'm looking at doing 245/40/17 Hoosiers on a 17x9 wheel. I would do some bolt-on flares so the outer clearance is not my concern. What offset wheel do I need to clear the strut (GC modified coilovers)

Its nearly impossible to find a reasonaly priced wheel that won't require spacers.
                          S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                          What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                          Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Need a tire recommendation from ya, street car, daily driver in the summer, new wheel setup is 16x9 et6 front and rear. Looking for a tire that wont have a excessive amount of stretch, would prefer square or a slight stretch. Low on Broadway Static coils with stiff rates and adjustable dampening, have a fender roller so I can do some rolling if needed.
                            I do have a set of 205/45/16 Falken 512s that are almost new if I can't find a different tire setup, just trying to avoid the excessive stretch the 512s will have..
                            Thanks!

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

15mm spacers x 4, 205/50/16 tires.
                              Thank you, sir!

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                              Originally posted by scabzzzz
                              I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                              1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                              2002 325i - DD
                              2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
                                Hey Mystikal, I'm looking at doing 245/40/17 Hoosiers on a 17x9 wheel. I would do some bolt-on flares so the outer clearance is not my concern. What offset wheel do I need to clear the strut (GC modified coilovers)

Its nearly impossible to find a reasonaly priced wheel that won't require spacers.
                                +10 front will give you enough space. Rears can go as high as +25.

Comment

Working...
                                X