Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    For those to fit right, you'd want 15mm spacers, or 20mm if you really want a flush look and are willing to roll the fenders.

Jay
    they definitely need the spacers to clear the calipers and i cant seem to find the 20mm h&r hubcentric spacers. they have some random 15mm hubcentric spacers on ebay but i really would rather the h&r ones. i definitely want to go for the flush look. thanks for the help so far

never mind i actually found them but it doesnt say they come with longer wheel bolts do you know if they do?
    Last edited by turnip82; 01-06-2008, 08:25 PM.

Comment

With 205/45/16, you should be fine, even without rolling.

Jay
      do you think 205's will be too much of a stretch on the 8" wide rim? i plan on autocrossing in the summer, and im hoping alittle stretch wont be dangerous.
      sigpic

auto-x vid: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3D-RmsTjFh8

Comment

Originally posted by turnip82 View Post
        they definitely need the spacers to clear the calipers and i cant seem to find the 20mm h&r hubcentric spacers. they have some random 15mm hubcentric spacers on ebay but i really would rather the h&r ones. i definitely want to go for the flush look. thanks for the help so far

never mind i actually found them but it doesnt say they come with longer wheel bolts do you know if they do?
        They typically don't come with bolts. The costs add up fast!

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Adam C. View Post
          do you think 205's will be too much of a stretch on the 8" wide rim? i plan on autocrossing in the summer, and im hoping alittle stretch wont be dangerous.
          Perfectly safe.

Jay

Comment

thank you very much!
            sigpic

auto-x vid: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3D-RmsTjFh8

Comment

So questions for you guys, I got my car into a fender bender a few months ago and I have been looking for some replacement rims for my E30. I have been looking at putting 18 or 19" rims on but obviously, I can't find any for the E30. But I have found several that will fit on 91 Honda Civics which I believe are 4x100 et38. So can I put these rims on my e30, with spacers? What is my offset? I am thinking of 20mm spacer.
              The car is in the body shop right now and the front fenders are being replaced. So I am thinking that I get the new rims and "massage" the front fenders to fit.

Does any one know what rims are available for 18 or 19"? I am thinking of the OZ Ultraleggera.

I am thinking of putting 215 in the front and 225 in the rear.

Comments?

Comment

how about 195/45/16 tires on a 16x8 et 12? will i be poking out of the fender at all?

Comment

Originally posted by passdanachos View Post
                  So questions for you guys, I got my car into a fender bender a few months ago and I have been looking for some replacement rims for my E30. I have been looking at putting 18 or 19" rims on but obviously, I can't find any for the E30. But I have found several that will fit on 91 Honda Civics which I believe are 4x100 et38. So can I put these rims on my e30, with spacers? What is my offset? I am thinking of 20mm spacer.
                  The car is in the body shop right now and the front fenders are being replaced. So I am thinking that I get the new rims and "massage" the front fenders to fit.

Does any one know what rims are available for 18 or 19"? I am thinking of the OZ Ultraleggera.

I am thinking of putting 215 in the front and 225 in the rear.

Comments?
                  Yeah, most rims made for Civics will fit with 15-20mm spacers. The ones you mentioned would be better with 15mm and 215/35/18 tires.

I have no idea what's available in 4x100 18-19". There is a tiny portion of the E30 market that wants that big of a wheel.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by E30trash View Post
                    how about 195/45/16 tires on a 16x8 et 12? will i be poking out of the fender at all?
                    No poking, that will stretch inside nicely (actually too much for a real "Euro" stretch, there will be lots of room). I hope you can bring the car DOWN though, those tires are tiny and will look goofy without the car 2" off the ground.

Jay

Comment

No poking, that will stretch inside nicely (actually too much for a real "Euro" stretch, there will be lots of room). I hope you can bring the car DOWN though, those tires are tiny and will look goofy without the car 2" off the ground.

Jay
                      my wheel choice is a secret but imagine running ANY offset, would you run about a 5 or lower if i really wanted to poke? the car will be low enough... trust me :)

Comment

I saw a set of Brocks for sale that would look sick I think. Theyre 17x10 in the rear, and I think 17x7.5 in the front. Would the 17x10 fit in the rear on this, or is tha too big and wide?
                        Originally posted by blunt
                        i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Originally posted by E30trash View Post
                          my wheel choice is a secret but imagine running ANY offset, would you run about a 5 or lower if i really wanted to poke? the car will be low enough... trust me :)
                          My advice to you is find a pic of a car with the poke you like, and I can give you the offset you need to achive that look with your wheel size. If you're going to run the 194/45/16, you can get away with a LOW offset.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
                            I saw a set of Brocks for sale that would look sick I think. Theyre 17x10 in the rear, and I think 17x7.5 in the front. Would the 17x10 fit in the rear on this, or is tha too big and wide?
                            I'd need the offset of the rear first. But yes, 17x10 is possible in the rear with rolled fenders and very stretched tires (225/35/17).

Jay

Comment

My advice to you is find a pic of a car with the poke you like, and I can give you the offset you need to achive that look with your wheel size. If you're going to run the 194/45/16, you can get away with a LOW offset.

Jay
                              A little less poke then this

just like fuzz'z car sits :)

Comment

maybe they look the same, i dunno im still kinda drunk/hungover :(

Comment

Working...
                                X