Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annie View Post
    Will 185/65/14 snow tires fit on my stock weaves?
    certainly will. i'm using a similar size on my bottlecaps.
    Jay

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
      I'm looking to get some Brock B1 16x9 et15 all around. I have heard that these fit like crap, but I love the look of the wheels. What will need to be done to make them fit on an early model with 60/60 drop springs? I am not opposed to poking and stretching, but I don't want anything too crazy. How much of a roll/flare will the fenders need?
      Thanks
      That's not what I would call "crap". That's the most popular Euro wheel setup on the planet for E30's.

You'll need 5mm spacers on the front, and none in the rear. 215/40/16 tires, and barely any fender rolling at all (none needed if the suspension is stiff enough).

Jay

Comment

Sweet! I can get my car painted now without worrying about messing it up later with a fender roll.

Edit: What if I got the 17x8.5 et13 and 17x10 et20 Brocks, how would they fit?
        Last edited by E30SPDFRK; 12-18-2007, 01:22 PM.
        Byron
        Leichtbau

Comment

Ok, quick question on a good tire size.

Car is a 1991 318is, 5-Lug conversion from a 98 E36 Z3 M Roadster(including brakes) and GC Coilovers, so E36 wheel fitment.

Right now the car is wearing Borbet Type E 17x8 et38(or 37, I forget), with 225/45/17 in the front and 245/40/17 in the back. The car has not been driven at this point, but I want to get it set up soon.

I want to run staggered tires on the borbets (or some DSII's I have lined up), so would 215/45/17 in the front and 235/40/17 in the back be suitable? Or would the 215's be too tall. What do you think would be good tire sizes?

Thanks in advance,
          Ben
          Originally posted by BillBrasky
          E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
          1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
          1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
          1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
          2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

Originally posted by BenM View Post
            Ok, quick question on a good tire size.

Car is a 1991 318is, 5-Lug conversion from a 98 E36 Z3 M Roadster(including brakes) and GC Coilovers, so E36 wheel fitment.

Right now the car is wearing Borbet Type E 17x8 et38(or 37, I forget), with 225/45/17 in the front and 245/40/17 in the back. The car has not been driven at this point, but I want to get it set up soon.

I want to run staggered tires on the borbets (or some DSII's I have lined up), so would 215/45/17 in the front and 235/40/17 in the back be suitable? Or would the 215's be too tall. What do you think would be good tire sizes?

Thanks in advance,
            Ben
            Honestly, using the E36/7 parts throws me off, because of the alignment changes. You may end up with more or less fender space, depending on the parts used. But even if you told me every detail, I don't have enough experience with it to tell you definitively what will work.

That said, I'd stick to tires that fit a normal E30 (or E30 M3 5-lug). 215/45/17 is too tall, 215/40/17 is perfect. If you run those up front with 235/40/17 in the back you'll be fine. There is more room for oversized tires in the back, and the sidewall difference F/R isn't THAT big anyways.

Jay

Comment

How well do you know e30 M3?
              Stock weaves with 225/50 RS2s. What spacer would fill out the wells the best?
              no rubbing of course.
              10mm or 15mm

Lugs changed to longer studs so thats not a probelm.
              Car is on GC coils, of course.

Hunter
              We're out there in here.

Comment

New questions...

OK I've narrowed it down to 15" wheels for the 88 325i with rolled fenders, but now need to know what is the widest I can run on a 7" rim. With the 24" diameter limit, can I use a 225/50-15 or is the 205-55-15 better? I don't mind running staggered sizes if I have to, I'd just like to have a much rear tire as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
                  How well do you know e30 M3?
                  Stock weaves with 225/50 RS2s. What spacer would fill out the wells the best?
                  no rubbing of course.
                  10mm or 15mm

Lugs changed to longer studs so thats not a probelm.
                  Car is on GC coils, of course.

Hunter
                  I am no pro on E30 M3 fender clearance, sorry.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by bwh13 View Post
                    OK I've narrowed it down to 15" wheels for the 88 325i with rolled fenders, but now need to know what is the widest I can run on a 7" rim. With the 24" diameter limit, can I use a 225/50-15 or is the 205-55-15 better? I don't mind running staggered sizes if I have to, I'd just like to have a much rear tire as possible.
                    I'd need to know the offset of the wheel first. A 225 on a 7" wheel is fine, though.

Jay

Comment

I think they are available in +25 offset, I can go higher and use a spacer if needed to put the wheel in the best position...

Comment

Originally posted by bwh13 View Post
                        I think they are available in +25 offset, I can go higher and use a spacer if needed to put the wheel in the best position...
                        15x7 ET25 is ideal for a 225/50/15. I suggest either BFG G-Force Sports or Hankook R-S2's.

Jay

Comment

Sweet! I can get my car painted now without worrying about messing it up later with a fender roll.

Edit: What if I got the 17x8.5 et13 and 17x10 et20 Brocks, how would they fit?
                          What about this?
                          Byron
                          Leichtbau

Comment

Thanks Jay

Really appreicate the help.

Comment

What about this?
                              205/40/17 F
                              225/35/17 R

It's not a hard fit, just rolling. It will be STRETCHED.

Jay

Comment

Yo Jay!

So I've been browsing around a bit lately looking for new beater rims. Want something decent but not expensive at all and something that I can use the tires I just bought for my euro weaves. Tires are Falken 512's 225/50/15

Been looking at some of the generic 4x100 old school copy wheels on eBay. Think I might buy the Work Equip copies which are 4x100 15x7 et38 advertised to fit Civics. Could I use my Falkens and it look right? Or should I just buy new tires. And how much spacer am I going to need to make it look right? Or should I just stop being a cheap asshole and pony up for decent rims?

Thanks for the knowledge in advance

Comment

Working...
                                X