Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bfdbatt2 View Post
    am i going to have to roll fenders????
    May need a minor roll on the rear depending on how low you are.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by rob_e30 View Post
      I'm running 17x9's ET20 with 12mm spacers in front but can get custom wheels made at a decent price... What is the correct, no-spacer offset? 32 or 8 or something else I don't understand? I checked the 1010 offset calculator but I'm still confused.
      You currently have ET8.

See how much room you have to play with on the inside, and make the wheels the highest offset possible. This will keep steering angles more consistent with stock (i.e. the car will be less twitchy).

Jay

Comment

205/55 Wintermark Magna Grip Snow Tires on Alpinas [16X7 Et28] rub just a little bit.

Originally posted by vlad
        Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
          205/55 Wintermark Magna Grip Snow Tires on Alpinas [16X7 Et28] rub just a little bit.
          lol, whatever makes you happy Joe. I'm rubbing 205/55/16 tires on my M3 right now, ET23 on an E36 FTW.

Jay

Comment

Its okay. Thanks for the help guys i know ive been on here more than the rest of R3V over the past week and i appreciate your help! I just have to be difficult.

I got the Alpinas for $150, sold the tires on them [215/60 :shock:] for $40. Bought said snow tires for $120. Alpinas for winter = $230

BTW 205/50-16s are not cheap, and the selection is crap.

Originally posted by vlad
            Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
              Its okay. Thanks for the help guys i know ive been on here more than the rest of R3V over the past week and i appreciate your help! I just have to be difficult.

I got the Alpinas for $150, sold the tires on them [215/60 :shock:] for $40. Bought said snow tires for $120. Alpinas for winter = $230

BTW 205/50-16s are not cheap, and the selection is crap.
              Oh no worries man, I love this stuff. Fuck you on the Alpinas.

I know the 205/50/16 prices are crazy, it's because not too many stock cars (lemme think...Honda Prelude, some mid-90's Volvo's...that's about it) used that size so it's a slow seller. It's basically what I really wanted for my M3 for the winter, I had a strong feeling the 205/55's would rub. That's what I get for being stubborn like TJ and running E30-offsets on an E36.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                New specs:
                Front: ET22
                Rear: ET8

Pretty neat setup. The fronts will be VERY close to the strut housings, but the rears will have a lot of room on the inside. You will most likely need to roll the rear fenders, that is a very aggressive fitment.

Jay
                Good to hear! thanks a lot once again!

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  You currently have ET8.

See how much room you have to play with on the inside, and make the wheels the highest offset possible. This will keep steering angles more consistent with stock (i.e. the car will be less twitchy).

Jay
                  Thanks. One more quick question... am I better going with ET20 and the spacers or ET8 or does it matter?

Comment

First off I hope I'm asking the right question.

Are IE3's and billy sports with 16x9 rims 225/40/16 a reasonable setup that will look good?

I'm not sure what offset they come in, but I was hoping for a low offset so they would look flush, then again I guess I could get studs and spacers right?

Other than having to roll fenders, what problems could I expect to run into and what're my options to solve them.

I'm still saving and want to do research before I buy.
                    Last edited by red; 11-20-2007, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rob_e30 View Post
                      Thanks. One more quick question... am I better going with ET20 and the spacers or ET8 or does it matter?
                      Well that depends on a few things.

Are you currently using the 12mm spacers all around? If not, then keeping the wheels the same spec front/rear allows for rotating.

Depending on the wheel design, an ET20 wheel with a spacer will have more caliper clearance than an ET8 wheel. This is completely dependent on whether the wheel manufacturer lowers the offset by extending the hub or the lip (or what combination of both).

In general, no spacers are preferable. But they're not the end of the world either.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
                        First off I hope I'm asking the right question.

Are IE3's and billy sports with 16x9 rims 225/40/16 a reasonable setup that will look good?

I'm not sure what offset they come in, but I was hoping for a low offset so they would look flush, then again I guess I could get studs and spacers right?

Other than having to roll fenders, what problems could I expect to run into and what're my options to solve them.

I'm still saving and want to do research before I buy.
                        Yeah that's a reasonable setup, and yes depending on the offset you might need spacers. Actually I pretty much guarantee you'll need at least small spacers on the front, most 16x9 wheels only come down to ET15 (which isn't low enough to clear the front struts).

Other than fender rolling and strut clearance...you'll be good. Just come back here when you find the specs of the wheels you want.

Jay

Comment

Sportmax fitment question

Will the Sportmax 501 16x8 ET15 with 205-50/16 Falken Azenis' fit an '87
                          325is with Bilstein sports/H&R springs without rubbing? I don't want to roll the fenders. I have used the search function and from what I have read this combination should work, my concern is with the variance in the widths that "205" section tires measure from the different tire manufacturers.
                          thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by ultimateze View Post
                            Will the Sportmax 501 16x8 ET15 with 205-50/16 Falken Azenis' fit an '87
                            325is with Bilstein sports/H&R springs without rubbing? I don't want to roll the fenders. I have used the search function and from what I have read this combination should work, my concern is with the variance in the widths that "205" section tires measure from the different tire manufacturers.
                            thanks in advance.
                            First, there is no 205/50/16 Azenis. That said, I'll just base my answer off the "average" 205 tires.

It is still an aggressive setup. With your higher '87 rear arches, you will likely get away with not rolling the fenders, but I won't guarantee it.

Jay

Comment

First, there is no 205/50/16 Azenis. That said, I'll just base my answer off the "average" 205 tires.

It is still an aggressive setup. With your higher '87 rear arches, you will likely get away with not rolling the fenders, but I won't guarantee it.

Jay
                              oop's, sorry about the size error, when I was shopping for Azenis's I was
                              looking for 15" originally and I thought that I saw that size as well. Thanks for the advice, I think that I will stick with
                              something in a 15x7ish if the 16x8 is going to be tight.
                              Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by ultimateze View Post
                                oop's, sorry about the size error, when I was shopping for Azenis's I was
                                looking for 15" originally and I thought that I saw that size as well. Thanks for the advice, I think that I will stick with
                                something in a 15x7ish if the 16x8 is going to be tight.
                                Dave.
                                Well if you want something big, let me recommend a setup for you:

16x8 ET20 Rota Slipstreams (custom order from 18racing.com)
                                215/45/16 Falken RT-615s

I have recommend this setup to others before, and my friend here in Toronto is now running it. I feel this is the best setup for aggressive street/auto-x/light track for the money, and will only require a very basic fender rolling on late model cars.

But again, if you want to be 100% sure of no rolling, get something a little less aggressive. Hell, even these same wheels with 205s will work for you.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X