Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm familiar with e46s, noob on e30s

TRM C1s:

15x8 et20 225/50/15 or should i go with 15x7 et25 205/55/15

Will they fit stock or will i need to do fender work? If they will fit stock, will they fit with a H&R Sport Cupkit?

Thanks, and my e30 will be delivered tomorrow 1990 325i 73000 original miles garaged Cali car until three months ago! It's in need of new tires asap and it's on bottle caps so I thought i'd pick up the C1s.
    Once again thanks, im ordering tomorrow! Well today since it is 12:40.

image (10) by serdar.gurhan, on Flickr
    PM me for custom shift knobs and stickers!
    Originally posted by marshallnoise
    You ain't done working on a car unless you are bleeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Sputnik View Post
      It's me again, your favorite question asker! I bought a set of bbs rs's at 5x114.3 16x7" and 16x8" and a et of 45 How thick of adaptors should i go for a nice fitment on a unrolled late-model on h&r sports. Recommended tire size as well?

I love you <3
      Flush:
      35mm 195/45 front
      30mm 205/45 rear

Meaty:
      25mm 205/50 front
      20mm 225/45 rear

<3 <3 <3

Comment

Originally posted by serdar255 View Post
        I'm familiar with e46s, noob on e30s

TRM C1s:

15x8 et20 225/50/15 or should i go with 15x7 et25 205/55/15

Will they fit stock or will i need to do fender work? If they will fit stock, will they fit with a H&R Sport Cupkit?

Thanks, and my e30 will be delivered tomorrow 1990 325i 73000 original miles garaged Cali car until three months ago! It's in need of new tires asap and it's on bottle caps so I thought i'd pick up the C1s.
        Once again thanks, im ordering tomorrow! Well today since it is 12:40.
        First setup requires rear fender rolling, second works without. I'd suggest buying the 15x8 +20 wheels and using 205s, it looks much better and sets you up for wider tires in the future if you roll your fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          First setup requires rear fender rolling, second works without. I'd suggest buying the 15x8 +20 wheels and using 205s, it looks much better and sets you up for wider tires in the future if you roll your fenders.
          Will it look stretched? Or rub?

Comment

Sounds beautiful, problem is tirerack doesn't carry the same brand in both sizes, would 225/50/16 raise an issue?

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            Flush:
            35mm 195/45 front
            30mm 205/45 rear

Meaty:
            25mm 205/50 front
            20mm 225/45 rear

<3 <3 <3

Comment

Originally posted by serdar255 View Post
              Will it look stretched? Or rub?

This is what 205/50 on 8" looks like. 205/55 would appear more meaty. No rubbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sputnik View Post
                Sounds beautiful, problem is tirerack doesn't carry the same brand in both sizes, would 225/50/16 raise an issue?
                That's sad. 205/50/16 and 225/45/16 was a tuner standard for the E30 in the 80s/90s. Looks like Dunlop ZII will be the only option but not until June.

225/50 is too tall. The best option for a square shouldered look would be:

30mm 195/50/16
                25mm 205/50/16

If you look at the pic I posted above it's what your rears would look like (and the fronts would be similar).

Comment

Ended up getting 15x7 ET25 with 205/55/15

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

I am about to order wheels and tires for my 86 325e sedan in the very near future. For wheels, I'm going with a 15x7 et25. My suspension setup is H&R/Bilstein Sports all around.

I would like to get a 225/50r15 tire, honestly because I like the look. I dont want to have to roll my fenders. Can I fit 225/50r15s on this setup?

I've been searching for a specific answer to this setup for a while, and I've come close to an answer many times, but not exactly. I know I can clearly fit 205/55s, but can I safely get a 225/50 with no rubbing?

Comment

Originally posted by itique View Post
                      I am about to order wheels and tires for my 86 325e sedan in the very near future. For wheels, I'm going with a 15x7 et25. My suspension setup is H&R/Bilstein Sports all around.

I would like to get a 225/50r15 tire, honestly because I like the look. I dont want to have to roll my fenders. Can I fit 225/50r15s on this setup?

I've been searching for a specific answer to this setup for a while, and I've come close to an answer many times, but not exactly. I know I can clearly fit 205/55s, but can I safely get a 225/50 with no rubbing?
                      Yup, 225/50/15s will bolt right up.

Comment

Good to know. Thank you!

Comment

Excuse me but does anyone know if I could make some ASA AR1 17x7 et42 work om my 84 e30? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hubbse30 View Post
                            Excuse me but does anyone know if I could make some ASA AR1 17x7 et42 work om my 84 e30? Thanks
                            20mm spacers

Comment

90' 325is
                              About to install Lowtec 60/50 suspension setup with no spring pads and drop hats up front.
                              thinking about running xxr 521 16x8 et20
                              what size tires would be ideal without rolling fenders?
                              205/45? 225/45?

Comment

Originally posted by thmaztc View Post
                                90' 325is
                                About to install Lowtec 60/50 suspension setup with no spring pads and drop hats up front.
                                thinking about running xxr 521 16x8 et20
                                what size tires would be ideal without rolling fenders?
                                205/45? 225/45?
                                205/45 is ideal.

For perfection buy some 5mm spacers for the rear, it shouldn't rub and will even out the fitment well.

Comment

Working...
                                X