Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambo View Post
    16x8.5/9 et24/18 205/45

What size spacers should I be looking at?

Thanks!
    I'd go 5mm front and nothing in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaE View Post
      ok. i think i understand this stuff mostly.... i found some Rota slips 15x7.5 w a backspacing (measured by owner w tire still on) of 5.5inches. that converts to et32 correct? this will not work w/o spacers correct? or will it just clear??? whats the largest offset thatd clear on a 15x7.5? i want an offset of 25 or 20 but i clist is letting me down. I dont wanna run spacers. I'd rather get a wheel that fits.

its my DD on hr sports and billies. will probably run a 205. thanks in advance
      Never trust people measuring backspacing/offset. Rarely does someone do it properly and dropping hundreds of dollars on that chance is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgraphics View Post
        I've done a lot of searching, and I believe I have the right answer. I just want to verify:

15x8 ET 20, 225/50 on all corners with an early model (1986) will fit with no fender roll or pull?

Car will be lowered, but not slammed. Dinan springs in the front with Bilstein sports, Bavarian Motorsport rear springs with KYB Gas-a-Just.
        Definitely needs a rear roll.

Comment

Originally posted by badnerd View Post
          rear 1987 325e... 16x 8.25, 4x100 +0 offset, what will i need to make it work
          Thanks
          195/45 tires and fender rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            195/45 tires and fender rolling.
            This is for the back or front? I already have 205/45 up front...
            Was trying to fit a wider rim in the rear with the same 225/45 tires

Comment

I'd go 5mm front and nothing in the rear.
              So 16x8.5 et 19 will clear the strut for sure?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Will they fit? can't find the right answer!

I have Borbet type B 16x9 ET15. what tire size and brand should I run with out rolling my fenders ? I have 8 mm spacers all around!. my car is still stock right now but planning to lower it.

Comment

It will rubbs/touch the wheel housing with 205/50 R16 (Borbet A 7.5) in the front with -35mm H&R springs ???
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by badnerd View Post
                    This is for the back or front? I already have 205/45 up front...
                    Was trying to fit a wider rim in the rear with the same 225/45 tires
                    All around. Nothing wider is going to work in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                      So 16x8.5 et 19 will clear the strut for sure?
                      Yes. Back in the day Tirerack used to sell a 16x8.5 +17 Kosei K1 that worked fine even with 245s, that's my best reference point.

Comment

Originally posted by weew379 View Post
                        I have Borbet type B 16x9 ET15. what tire size and brand should I run with out rolling my fenders ? I have 8 mm spacers all around!. my car is still stock right now but planning to lower it.
                        You will have to roll your fenders with the rear spacers. 205/45 or 215/40.

Comment

Originally posted by crime1 View Post
                          It will rubbs/touch the wheel housing with 205/50 R16 (Borbet A 7.5) in the front with -35mm H&R springs ???
                          Thanks
                          Depends on the offset of the wheels.

Comment

All around. Nothing wider is going to work in the rear.

ok thanks.....I guess i'll just go back to my old set up

Thanks to Mystikal for the help... He assisted in gettin me the look i desired

sorry for the crappy cell pics

IE 3 springs, all pads removed
                            powerflex offset lcab
                            16 x 8 all around
                            205/45/16 front (i think i need to roll)
                            225/45/16 rear with 15mm rear spacer (rolled fender)

Comment

Ok so I was looking to lower my e30 I had my e34 lowered so I know the basics. I was looking at diamond racing steelies. I was thinking 16x7 but 15s would be much cheaper what are yiy guys thinking?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
                              sigpic

Comment

You will have to roll your fenders with the rear spacers. 205/45 or 215/40.
                                215/40 16x9 ET15 front 8mm spacers
                                215/40 16x9 ET15 rear no spacers

will they fit without rolling my fenders now?
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X