Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
    15x9 +12 wrapped in 225/50 will it fit?

Ps this is for early model.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, too much tire. 225/45 should just work with a fender roll and stiff rear springs.

Comment

Originally posted by iroll253 View Post
      Looking on tyrestretch.com at photos of fitment. 225/35 may be just a tad more poke than i prefer. Are there any alternatives you'd recommend for 17x10 / 17x8.5? Also which brand tires should i put on them? They are just for shows and summer. I have 15x8 rs ronals ill be keeping for daily driving.

1991 318is m42
      10s are only possible with that severe tire stretch unfortunately. In 225/35 there are no bad tire choices, only expensive ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        Definitely need a roll. You might catch a fender if you enter a driveway or climb a speedbump with the wheel turned due to the large diameter of the tire (for a +15 fitment, anyway).

I know why you're set on that size (DWS doesn't come in too many low profile sizes) but 205/45 and 215/45 are better choices for that wheel.
        Originally posted by kung fu jesus View Post
        Very much appreciated!

Will I need a flat roll?
        Quick follow up:

I bought the DWS in a 205/45-16. It allows me to use them on the e30 and a Miata I also own. Will I need to roll the e30 in the front at this tire size and wheel offset?

Thanks!
        '88 325is
        Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by kung fu jesus View Post
          Quick follow up:

I bought the DWS in a 205/45-16. It allows me to use them on the e30 and a Miata I also own. Will I need to roll the e30 in the front at this tire size and wheel offset?

Thanks!
          Sweet. No rolling needed at all.

Comment

10s are only possible with that severe tire stretch unfortunately. In 225/35 there are no bad tire choices, only expensive ones.
            No problem. Is 205/40 17x8.5 and 225/35 17x10 an equal tire stretch? Id prefer to keep everything square if possible. So would 35's instead of 40in the front be an even sidewall on all 4? Im assuming there is a noticeable difference from 35 to 40. Excuse my lack of tire size knowledge ive been researching as I can the past couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by iroll253 View Post
              No problem. Is 205/40 17x8.5 and 225/35 17x10 an equal tire stretch? Id prefer to keep everything square if possible. So would 35's instead of 40in the front be an even sidewall on all 4? Im assuming there is a noticeable difference from 35 to 40. Excuse my lack of tire size knowledge ive been researching as I can the past couple days.
              Yup. If you search for 8.5/10 pics you'll find that the majority of E30 owners choose those exact tire sizes. they fit perfect and stretch similarly.

Read up on how tire sizing works, 35 and 40 are not "sidewall height" but rather a percentage of the section width. Those two tires have the same diameter, more or less.

Comment

Thanks i did some more reading and understand more clearly now. Im purchasing those exact tire sizes today. I appreciate the help! I found the 17x10 thread which helped also.

Comment

Well I have some style 5's I am assuming off an e38, what the hell do I do to get these on the car. The adapters are like 400 dollars. Not sure what size I need too. Any help regarding the adapters, or should I have my local shop fill and drill?

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Fill and drill if you want to run meatier tires and less camber. For adapters I think the smallest are 18mm, those are the ones to run

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

s50 86 325e Project

S50 - BBS - Recaro - BC Coilovers - Morimoto H1 Retrofit

Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
                      Well I have some style 5's I am assuming off an e38, what the hell do I do to get these on the car. The adapters are like 400 dollars. Not sure what size I need too. Any help regarding the adapters, or should I have my local shop fill and drill?
                      Fill and drill only if the shop knows 110% what they're doing. Otherwise, adapters and little tires.

Comment

Doesn't fit. You need extreme stretch to fit those wheels with adapters.
                        Are you sure about that?

Looks like the rear is not a problem with a fender roll but the front does require either lots of camber or a 205/40/17. Saw two late models running 17x8 and 17x9 with 215's in back @ CarBQue.

Here's style 5's et2 with square shouldered Nexen 215/40/17 all round.

The rear is fine but the front was a no go for me. Just decided on 205/40/17 all around and it looks fine.

Put the 215/40/17's on the style 32's and installed on my white M3...

"I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

The first car rubs and your black car works on 205/40s as I've suggested here before on 17x8 +0/+2 fitments.

I still stand by 17x9 +8 215/40 not working. Unless rubbing = working, to you.

Comment

I've got 195/45s on the style 5's so they are a little stretched. I can't even find new adapters in 18mm, smallest I've seen are 19.

I see the 18mm ones on 42dd.
                            Last edited by HarryPotter; 10-18-2013, 11:32 PM.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Does anyone have some pics of a 205/50 on a 16x8 wheel on an E30?
                              Last edited by Jand3rson; 10-20-2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

im look for info on what set up to run with 7x16 et 11 rs. i have a 87 vert on GC coils. no camber plates. and i will be doing adapters. im a lil confused on offset still. and the tires currently on are 225/50r16 92w. what size tires are best. thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X