Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keefy6 View Post
    Hi again,

I've looked through your advice regarding 16x8 ET11 and wanted your info for future reference.

I already use 205/45 but in the future for the above sized wheels I want to get and say wanted to use 205/50 instead the fenders might need rolling/pulling slightly correct?

Thanks again,
    They won't work. The extra height and aggressive offset means rubbing, even with rolled fenders. And I would not ruin perfectly good stock body arches for pulling just to get 0.6" extra sidewall.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLeadFoot View Post
      ^I'm in the same boat!

I'm running the Kamotors ultrawides. What is the widest tire (245, 275, or 315) and ideal wheel dimensions width and ET? Looking to run a 17in.

Currently running style 5s with 215s and 23mm adapter in the rear and 18mm in the front. I will remain 4x100. 1989 325is. H&R race springs w/billy sports.

Thank you for all your help!
      No idea on any aftermarket flare setup, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        They won't work. The extra height and aggressive offset means rubbing, even with rolled fenders. And I would not ruin perfectly good stock body arches for pulling just to get 0.6" extra sidewall.
        Hm, that really sucks. Even if they are redrilled and use a spacer (if that matters) ?

Edit: the reason I ask is that there are a few other threads here where you've said the size actually fits with 205/45 but will need a roll so i'm confused that you feel it won't fit at all.

ok...I reread it. You're saying the 205/50 won't work. apologies, and thanks again:)
        Last edited by keefy6; 03-23-2015, 11:29 AM.
        My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
        1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
        IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
        1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

20mm spacers all around would be nice. 205/45 tires.

And you're speaking fine English, I've gotten worse questions from people born and raised in America. BTW if you follow your national basketball team I love Jonas Valančiūnas, he plays for Toronto in the NBA. Anywho.
          Thank you. Yes Jonas is oure best player ;)

Comment

Swore i seen this size awhile ago but couldnt find it again. Tire size and spacer requirement if any for a 16x8 et20 wheel?, light fender roll and unknown mild lowering kit.

Comment

Proper 16x10 rear rims ?

Looking for square look, I know 16x9 et0 fit perfect without rubbing nor need to roll rear panels, so wondering if 16x10 et14 is the proper rim to fit 245/45/16 tires.

"Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an
              inner rim which is 26.7mm closer to the suspension strut.
              The outer rim will poke out 1.3mm less than before."

never mind strut clearance as is for rear axel, Visually looks like there's plenty of room without having to modify upper spring perches.

from here ... http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php...et2=14#content

What you think ?
              Aloha,
              Frank

Comment

Originally posted by mankisss View Post
                Thank you. Yes Jonas is oure best player ;)
                Have you seen him dance on court?! He does it in your country but refuses to do the same in North America. Man I could talk about JV forever. Good luck with your wheels!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzit707 View Post
                  Swore i seen this size awhile ago but couldnt find it again. Tire size and spacer requirement if any for a 16x8 et20 wheel?, light fender roll and unknown mild lowering kit.
                  205/50, 205/45, and 215/45 all work without rubbing. 225/45s will rub occasionally unless the roll is flat and the springs moderately stiff.

Comment

Originally posted by fporro View Post
                    Proper 16x10 rear rims ?

Looking for square look, I know 16x9 et0 fit perfect without rubbing nor need to roll rear panels, so wondering if 16x10 et14 is the proper rim to fit 245/45/16 tires.

"Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an
                    inner rim which is 26.7mm closer to the suspension strut.
                    The outer rim will poke out 1.3mm less than before."

never mind strut clearance as is for rear axel, Visually looks like there's plenty of room without having to modify upper spring perches.

from here ... http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php...et2=14#content

What you think ?
                    Aloha,
                    Frank

Where did you read 16x9 +0 fits perfectly? They sit about 10-15mm outside of the car and won't work at all without substantial fender mods. 16x9 +15 is ideal for the rear. 16x10 +12 would be perfect in my eyes. Fender pulling and/or flares are necessary still.

Comment

Hi guys,

I have been lurking for awhile now but is still a complete noob when it comes to wheels. I have the stock steel wheels with the hub covers from the old owner when I got the car. Based on my research, these stock steelies are 14x5.5 et35. I spotted a set of bottlecaps for cheap and would like to know if they are interchangeable. Based on some threads on here, i have read that the bottlecaps can possibly rub against the tie rods. I know that the bottlecaps are 14x6 et35. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by toboi View Post
                        Hi guys,

I have been lurking for awhile now but is still a complete noob when it comes to wheels. I have the stock steel wheels with the hub covers from the old owner when I got the car. Based on my research, these stock steelies are 14x5.5 et35. I spotted a set of bottlecaps for cheap and would like to know if they are interchangeable. Based on some threads on here, i have read that the bottlecaps can possibly rub against the tie rods. I know that the bottlecaps are 14x6 et35. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
                        Bottlecaps should bolt right up to any E30 with 4 holes on the hubs.

Comment

Could i fit some Xxr 530 17x9 et25 on a 85 325e? Spacers? I dont want to stretch my tires id like to run 245/45 or close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by _JDizzle_ View Post
                            Could i fit some Xxr 530 17x9 et25 on a 85 325e? Spacers? I dont want to stretch my tires id like to run 245/45 or close to that.
                            Won't fit. Requires spacers and stretched tires.

Comment

Won't fit. Requires spacers and stretched tires.
                              Theres no way? Because id like to run some 17x9 xxr 530s im not going to be lowering my car to much

Comment

clarity

So, I've done some searching but can't find exactly the right info i need. I recently acquired a set of wheels with brand new tires for free from a buddy of mine. They are 16x7.5 et35 and 16x9 et30. Tires are 215/40r16. From what I've found most people say I'd need between a 10mm and 15mm spacer for the front. But when I put them on to check clearances I only barely rub the shock tower. Making me think a 3-5mm spacer would work. And for the rear I haven't been able to find much at all. Some say 10mm spacer, some say only needs rolling to clear. I am planning on rolling front and rear anyways so that's not a big deal. And my car is currently on JOM coilovers so I can raise or lower as much as needed. I'm not looking for what spacers I need for "hellaflush" or "stance". Solely looking for what I need to get them mounted. Thank you r3v.

Comment

Working...
                                X