Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally had 16x7 +25 and now they are 16x8.5 (added 2.5" lip) and 16x9.5 (added 3.5" lip). what are the new offsets and will they stick outside the fenders of a 91 e30?

Secondly, what space can be ran on a 16x7 +25 safely without upgrading to extended bolts?

sorry no pics, not mine...I could only wish.
    thanks!
    Last edited by n2motorsports; 03-07-2008, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZinnoE30 View Post
      Looks like Tirerack is damn near sold out of SPT's in 215/40. What about FK-452's or T1-R's?
      FK-452s and T-1Rs are also great all-around street tires, and are seriously damn near identical in terms of performance numbers (the SPT is slightly better than both though). Go with whichever is cheaper. Also take a look at the Fuzion ZRi, dunno if it comes in that size.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by mattska View Post
        I see what you are saying. With the 2.5" shells the wheel is now 9" wide. I think I might get 1.5" shells for this set up. One last question, do you think with 15x7.5's i can get the 195/50 tire on...relatively easily? I have brand new 195/50's on my set of 15x6.5 RMs right now and I would rather not buy new tires if I don't have to. Thanks for all of your help.
        -Matt
        Oh yeah, 195/50 on a 7.5 is an easy mount, the stretch is moderate at best. You won't have to roll the fenders at all with that setup, but keep in mind there will be A LOT of fender gap. To pull off those tires without gap an E30 would have to be lowered to within an inch of its life.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by n2motorsports View Post
          Originally had 16x7 +25 and now they are 16x8.5 (added 2.5" lip) and 16x9.5 (added 3.5" lip). what are the new offsets and will they stick outside the fenders of a 91 e30?

Secondly, what space can be ran on a 16x7 +25 safely without upgrading to extended bolts?

sorry no pics, not mine...I could only wish.
          thanks!
          16x7 ET25 widened with outer shells:
          16x8.5 ET6
          16x9.5 ET-7

They will stick way outside the fenders. If you want a visual, look up pics of qimis' white car, his wheels are 16x10 in the back. To fit that setup on an E30 you're looking at custom fender work (like his car) and extremely stretched tires.

Any spacer larger than 3mm needs extended bolts.

Jay

Comment

17x8 et +16?

how would fitment be with that and say a 225 40?

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse30 View Post
              17x8 et +16?

how would fitment be with that and say a 225 40?
              Wouldn't work with a 225. If you back down to a 215/40 and roll the fenders flat, there's a better chance. If you're scared of cracked paint with the slightly aggressive roll, 205/40 stretched on is really the only option.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                Wouldn't work with a 225. If you back down to a 215/40 and roll the fenders flat, there's a better chance. If you're scared of cracked paint with the slightly aggressive roll, 205/40 stretched on is really the only option.

Jay
                what if i rocked rivet on flares like the turbo 2002?

Comment

Yup, that should fit perfect. No rolling needed, mainly because it's an '87. If this same setup was an on 88+ car, I wouldn't guarantee that.

Jay
                  nobody makes a tire in 40 series in 16 for 225 series.

So i ordered 225/45/16 falken fk452, lets see how that goes!
                  My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse30 View Post
                    what if i rocked rivet on flares like the turbo 2002?
                    Well of course. Someone on here asked IE about their flares and they said it adds like 1.75" or something like that of clearance. With something like that, rock a 235/40/17 (there are no worthwhile 225/40/17s made).

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                      nobody makes a tire in 40 series in 16 for 225 series.

So i ordered 225/45/16 falken fk452, lets see how that goes!
                      Sure they do, Toyo T1R, and the Falken 512 and 912 both are over on your side of the pond (assuming you're in Germany still).

With those tires and the setup you mentioned, it's gonna be a hard fit. You're gonna be flaring the fenders out really aggressively. Keep in mind you quoted the wrong post there, as in my original response I noted to "get the metal bending tools ready".

Jay

Comment

Sure they do, Toyo T1R, and the Falken 512 and 912 both are over on your side of the pond (assuming you're in Germany still).

With those tires and the setup you mentioned, it's gonna be a hard fit. You're gonna be flaring the fenders out really aggressively. Keep in mind you quoted the wrong post there, as in my original response I noted to "get the metal bending tools ready".

Jay
                        yeah, i might have to run a spacer in the front to because of the brakes! yikes

I might look into the fender flare option, but i'm not sure how that would look with a mtech II kit... kinda kills the clean lines of the kit.

T1R is a good tire, how is the 512 and 912 compare to the fk452?
                        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                          yeah, i might have to run a spacer in the front to because of the brakes! yikes

I might look into the fender flare option, but i'm not sure how that would look with a mtech II kit... kinda kills the clean lines of the kit.

T1R is a good tire, how is the 512 and 912 compare to the fk452?
                          Yeah, flares and M-Tech II panels don't mesh very well.

The 512 and 912 are both less aggressive than the other two, if you're concerned with performance the FK452 will be a better choice.

Jay

Comment

Any way i would be able to fit 17x8 et18 on my 89? I have rolled fenders. Don't rub now with 16x8.5 et22 front and rear.

Comment

Originally posted by surebimmer View Post
                              Any way i would be able to fit 17x8 et18 on my 89? I have rolled fenders. Don't rub now with 16x8.5 et22 front and rear.
                              Yup, with your rolled fenders 215/40/17 tires should work.

btw, what wheels are your other setup? From what I can calculate a wheel with those specs would clear the struts by around 1mm or so. Are they stamped 8.5"?

Jay

Comment

They are Kosei K1 16x8.5 5x120 et 27 with a 5mm spacer. They are very close to the strut, i can't even put clamp on wheel weights on the the inner lip edge found it rubs on the strut. Had to put sticky weights. I would like to find a 7mm spacer but only can find the ones turner sells 8mm with a hub extender.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X