Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am wondering what size tire to go with on my 15x8.5 in (ET33) BBS RM's. I am reconditioning a set of 15x 6.5's with a larger lip. My car is not very low, it is an H&R sport/Bilstein combo. I was thinking that a 225... would be the best bet right? any idea what height I should run?

Comment

Originally posted by EMRtek View Post
      I was wondering if 17x9 et 20 wheels all around would fit without any issues and what tire should I run... I don't mind running stretched tires. Thanks in advance.
      By my calculations they will (using the known data that one example ran a 17x8.5" ET29 up front without issue, and another with a 17x8" ET35 just cleared), but one track guy on here tried a Falken wheel with those same specs and said it contacted the strut. Because of this I'm weary to say that yes it will fit, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Worst case scenario, you may need 3-5mm spacers for the front pair. Oh, and 215/40/17 tires are good, you'll need to roll the fenders too.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by mattska View Post
        I am wondering what size tire to go with on my 15x8.5 in (ET33) BBS RM's. I am reconditioning a set of 15x 6.5's with a larger lip. My car is not very low, it is an H&R sport/Bilstein combo. I was thinking that a 225... would be the best bet right? any idea what height I should run?
        15x8.5" RM's become ET8. You have to recalculate the offset when you widen them.

At that spec, 225s are unrealistic. You're looking at 205/50/15 as the widest you're going to want to try to get on there. You will need to roll the fenders for this.

Jay

Comment

any thoughts mystical?

Originally posted by bobross View Post
          Interested in hearing some recommendations as to optimal final offset for my new wheels...

Fronts: 17x7.5
          Rear: 17x9

I was thinking something around 27 up front and 22 out back. i'll be running a set of falcon 215/40/17's. Any thoughts?

Edit: Car is a late model with fenders pulled as much as my roller would allow :)
          -Greg
          90 325isT - 12.2 @ 120ish - Dyno Results
          b18c5 EG Coupέ - 13.5 @ 100ish - Dyno Results

Comment

Thanks Jay! I appreciate your knowledge.
            sigpic

Comment

I have some 16x8 Forgelines, they are a 33 offset. I need to know what size spacers I should run front and rear. Front currently has a 1/4 inch spacer to clear the strut. Also, I need new tires and I don't really care for some of the 225/45's cause they look so huge.Is there any 225/45's that run kinda small? Or could I run a 215/40 or 215/45? My car is on Eibach's and Koni SA's. I believe the rear is rolled slightly already.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bobross View Post
                any thoughts mystical?
                Sure, I gave them several posts up.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by ZinnoE30 View Post
                  I have some 16x8 Forgelines, they are a 33 offset. I need to know what size spacers I should run front and rear. Front currently has a 1/4 inch spacer to clear the strut. Also, I need new tires and I don't really care for some of the 225/45's cause they look so huge.Is there any 225/45's that run kinda small? Or could I run a 215/40 or 215/45? My car is on Eibach's and Koni SA's. I believe the rear is rolled slightly already.
                  15mm spacers all around with 215s is just about perfect. Either 40 or 45 is fine.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    Sure, I gave them several posts up.

Jay
                    Sorry Jay, i missed it.

thanks for the thoughts!
                    -Greg
                    90 325isT - 12.2 @ 120ish - Dyno Results
                    b18c5 EG Coupέ - 13.5 @ 100ish - Dyno Results

Comment

15mm spacers all around with 215s is just about perfect. Either 40 or 45 is fine.

Jay
                      Thanks. Any recomendations? Summer tire, good treadwear, good in the wet?
                      sigpic

Comment

15x8.5" RM's become ET8. You have to recalculate the offset when you widen them.

At that spec, 225s are unrealistic. You're looking at 205/50/15 as the widest you're going to want to try to get on there. You will need to roll the fenders for this.

Jay

If i run a smaller lip, like a 1.5" do you think I will still need to roll the fenders? I would like to avoid doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by ZinnoE30 View Post
                          Thanks. Any recomendations? Summer tire, good treadwear, good in the wet?
                          Sure, the Kumho SPT is an awesome all-around summer tire for the money. Really doesn't have any big flaws, and comes in lots of sizes too.

Kay

Comment

Originally posted by mattska View Post
                            If i run a smaller lip, like a 1.5" do you think I will still need to roll the fenders? I would like to avoid doing this.
                            Well, that depends on what you mean by 1.5" lip. Technically, a 1.5" outer piece will make the wheel 7.5" wide (the stock lip is 0.5", so 6.5" stock width + 1" of lip = 7.5"). I'll just answer both possible scenarios.

15x7.5" ET20 (1.5" lip): 205/50/15 tires with no rolling
                            15x8.0" ET13 (2.0" lip): 195/55/15 tires with no rolling

Jay

Comment

Sure, the Kumho SPT is an awesome all-around summer tire for the money. Really doesn't have any big flaws, and comes in lots of sizes too.

Kay
                              Looks like Tirerack is damn near sold out of SPT's in 215/40. What about FK-452's or T1-R's?
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, that depends on what you mean by 1.5" lip. Technically, a 1.5" outer piece will make the wheel 7.5" wide (the stock lip is 0.5", so 6.5" stock width + 1" of lip = 7.5"). I'll just answer both possible scenarios.

15x7.5" ET20 (1.5" lip): 205/50/15 tires with no rolling
                                15x8.0" ET13 (2.0" lip): 195/55/15 tires with no rolling

Jay

I see what you are saying. With the 2.5" shells the wheel is now 9" wide. I think I might get 1.5" shells for this set up. One last question, do you think with 15x7.5's i can get the 195/50 tire on...relatively easily? I have brand new 195/50's on my set of 15x6.5 RMs right now and I would rather not buy new tires if I don't have to. Thanks for all of your help.
                                -Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X