Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tires for euroweaves

Jay, I just scored a set of BBS RZ 15x7 ET24. The car is a 1989 325i sitting on a Bilstein BTS kit. I read an earlier post where I think you recommended either a 205/55 or a 225/50 for this wheel. How about 215/50? I am not interested in fender rolling, but the more tire on the ground the better. Considering the BFG G-Force Sport's... but would love to hear your opinion.

Thanks

Jack
    Originally posted by chileelky
    amaze about the enthusiasm e30 generate

Comment

This is a bit OT but would 18x8.5, ET22 BBS RGRs fit a '99 M3? Current tires are 245/40 but that could be swapped out.

Thanks!
      Brendan
      '89 325is S50 Track Montser
      '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by surebimmer View Post
        They are Kosei K1 16x8.5 5x120 et 27 with a 5mm spacer. They are very close to the strut, i can't even put clamp on wheel weights on the the inner lip edge found it rubs on the strut. Had to put sticky weights. I would like to find a 7mm spacer but only can find the ones turner sells 8mm with a hub extender.

Thanks
        Awesome wheels, thanks for sharing. Also nice to know that my calculations are dead-on what you experienced, haha. :)

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by wagonizzle View Post
          Jay, I just scored a set of BBS RZ 15x7 ET24. The car is a 1989 325i sitting on a Bilstein BTS kit. I read an earlier post where I think you recommended either a 205/55 or a 225/50 for this wheel. How about 215/50? I am not interested in fender rolling, but the more tire on the ground the better. Considering the BFG G-Force Sport's... but would love to hear your opinion.

Thanks

Jack
          Jack,

Depending on the 225/50/15 used you may not have to roll the fenders at all. G-Force Sports are a little wide though, so I really can't guarantee that you will get away with it there. Falken ZE-912s though, 100%.

A 215/50/15 will fit perfectly fine without rolling, and the G-Force is actually a favourite of mine. It's not very strong in wet weather (either traction or hydroplaning resistance), but it's very very very capable in the dry, last quite long, and are fun to drive on.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
            This is a bit OT but would 18x8.5, ET22 BBS RGRs fit a '99 M3? Current tires are 245/40 but that could be swapped out.

Thanks!
            Brendan
            haha, Brendan you're lucky I'm an E36 guy now too or I'd smack you.

Realistically, they won't fit. The only way to do it without fender flaring would be 205 tires and rolled fenders. Once that's done, the car would have to be SLAMMED in order to look right (undersized tire, Euro-stretch). Of course if one was willing to do all of that it would look INSANELY GOOD after (deep dish RGRs...drool), but most E36 guys don't like backing down to such skinny tires.

Jay

Comment

My buddy is trying to sell his bbs rx's. they were on his e36.

up front:
              17x8"
              et38
              BBS RX 204
              w/goodyear eagle GT HR 215/45r17

in back:
              17x9"
              et32
              BBS RX 222
              Goodyear Eagle F1 245/40zr17

What I'm trying to figure out is, what other cars these wheels would fit on. also what is the bolt pattern/centerbore/ideal offset for e36's? What about e34's?

holler

edit: I'm thinking of selling my throwing stars and scooping these (for my e34), hence the e34 question (my fenders are rolled)
              Last edited by ColdAccord; 03-13-2008, 10:05 PM.
              Originally posted by blunt
              can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
                My buddy is trying to sell his bbs rx's. they were on his e36.

up front:
                17x8"
                et38
                BBS RX 204
                w/goodyear eagle GT HR 215/45r17

in back:
                17x9"
                et32
                BBS RX 222
                Goodyear Eagle F1 245/40zr17

What I'm trying to figure out is, what other cars these wheels would fit on. also what is the bolt pattern/centerbore/ideal offset for e36's? What about e34's?

holler

edit: I'm thinking of selling my throwing stars and scooping these (for my e34), hence the e34 question (my fenders are rolled)
                Those would bolt onto E36/E46/E90/Z3/Z4 (non-M of all except E36). For an E34 you'd want 20mm spacers all around for them to fit properly.

Jay

Comment

awesome, thanks. also, what's the bolt pattern and centerbore of the e36?
                  Last edited by ColdAccord; 03-14-2008, 03:56 PM.
                  Originally posted by blunt
                  can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

thanks for the advice on offset mystikal!

your comments were my deciding factor on my adapter sizing :)

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
                      awesome, thanks. also, what's the bolt pattern and centerbore of the e36?
                      Oh yeah, sorry. The bolt pattern is 5x120, which is shared by all 5-bolt BMWs. The centerbore is 72.56mm, which is used on almost every BMW (exceptions are the E39 and the second generation, current X5 which are 74.1mm).

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by E30trash View Post
                        thanks for the advice on offset mystikal!

your comments were my deciding factor on my adapter sizing :)
                        That's awesome man, why don't you share here what the final specs of the wheels/adapters/tires are. Looks really good, I'm glad I could help out with that project.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                          Oh yeah, sorry. The bolt pattern is 5x120, which is shared by all 5-bolt BMWs. The centerbore is 72.56mm, which is used on almost every BMW (exceptions are the E39 and the second generation, current X5 which are 74.1mm).

Jay

With that being said Jay, I am now assuming I will need rings to fit style 42's (17x8 et20) from a e39 to fit my e30 m3 5 lug swap? If rings are needed where can I find a set at and what size? Or what will I need to fit these wheels? TIA
                          Last edited by atomic; 03-15-2008, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
                            With that being said Jay, I am now assuming I will need rings to fit style 42's (17x8 et20) from a e39 to fit my e30 m3 5 lug swap? If rings are needed where can I find a set at and what size? Or what will I need to fit these wheels? TIA
                            Yup, you'd need 74.1mm -> 72.56mm rings. Tirerack sells these paper-thin rings (in metal), they're very cheap. Your best bet may be contacting a BMW-expert over there, like Jim. He should know exactly what you need.

Jay

Comment

Jay, thanks I got online looking around and found where I can get rings for that small of a size reduction. I just wasn't sure since they were going to be so thin, if they would be even available. What I can not believe is they even make them in plastic, which I obviously will get them in metal since they are available.

Thanks again

Comment

Alright it's mine turn to ask a question. There are 56 pages and I tried searching through this thread but there is a lot of reading.

I want:
                                15x8 with an ET0

That means I have to run a 195/50/15 tire and roll the shit out of my rear fenders correct?

And our center bore is 57.1mm correct? Is the offset in mm? Thanks.

I am looking at some Diamond Racing Wheels for the E30 right now.

Thanks in advance!
                                I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                                2875-C Towerview Road
                                Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Working...
                                X