Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK this might get complicated. Collecting all my suspension parts and wheels and its almost complete. Its a late model touring with Ground Control E30 5 lug swap kit up front. Z4 rear hubs pressed into the e30 trailing arms which I have been told move the hub out 2.5mm but I dont know if the GC kit changes anything up front. I have 17x8 ET38 wheels. What is the best tire size to use with out rubbing and not that much of a stretch and what spacers would I need. Its going to be lowered for street driving but nothing ridiculous. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
      Is it a late model 318 or early???

Pretty sure that'd fit without rolling in the rear, the front may require a ~5mm spacer depending on the coil/collar/spring's relationship to the wheel.
      I think 205/50 is perfect on an 8, that's what I'm running, 16x8 et20 with spacers making effective et 13F 10R but my fenders are rolled, also a late coupé and I don't know specifically know about sedans.
      Whoops didn't realize I forgot to specify. It's a 91 so late model. I'm hearing 195 40 is a small tire but I do want a little stretch. So maybe 205 and a smaller sidewall than 50?

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom Stew View Post
        Awesome, thanks! I was just about to browse this thread but I may as well ask you- what would be needed to fit 15x8 0 off set wheels? I'm considering getting another set along with the 14's. Not against fender rolling either to get the 15's to fit. What tire sizes would you recommend for the 15's besides 225/45 (incredibly difficult size to find in Canada)?

EDIT:

Actually nm looks like they will fit with 205/50 but lots of fender rolling/pulling probably required (I have a later model). I guess what I don't know without test fitting them is what size wheel spacers I'll need?
        They won't fit at all. Stay away from 0 offset wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by getouth View Post
          Greeting wheelmathicians, I need to know asap if a 17x9 et 20 will fit a late model with a hard roll and no pulling on the rears I'm on coils with a 650lb spring/billy sport. tire will be a 215 40 17 yoko Sdrive.

Thanks!
          On the rears, yes. For the fronts, no. Needs spacers and smaller rubber, not ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian7 View Post
            What size tires would I run if I put 16x7 +20 Style 29s on my car with 18mm adapters? Final offset +2. Currently have 16x8 +5 (adapters) Style 5s with stretched tires and am trying to get away from it a bit and go with another OEM wheel. Maybe a 215/45 would be a good meatier tire?
            Too low of an offset. 195/45s would be required.

Comment

Originally posted by 325_e30 View Post
              So I picked up an e36 TI msport and bought a set of ACS typeII monoblocks. 17" 8.5 et15 and 9.5 et 22. I test fit them and they clear but poke more that I had thought they would. I'm unsure on tire size. Input would be greatly appreciated.
              205/40 215/40. Lots of rear massaging.

Comment

Originally posted by fenwick View Post
                86 325e
                4x100
                18mm (.7inch) adaptors

Can someone fill me in on offset?
                They're 17 inch, looks like 9 and 8 staggered

what size tires should i get
                thanks in advance
                Can't calculate offset like that. Look for the RS# on the wheel faces.

Comment

Originally posted by elDizzle View Post
                  Going to run 16x9 ET20 all around. Lowered on H&R sports. Ideal tire recommendations? Spacers? Willing to roll, pull if necessary. TIA!
                  Not ideal at all. The fronts need 8mm spacers to clear, but then they will not be hubcentric and the wheel will vibrate. 16x9 +20 is a rear-only fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravosa View Post
                    4 door 318i lowered on shitty coils. Would 16x8 et 20 with 195 40 r16 look good? Would I have to roll or pull? I can't find any examples of this combo. Is that too much stretch?
                    Would look awful. Same wheel with a 205/50 would look great and not rub.

Comment

Originally posted by Slippz View Post
                      can i fit Kerscher wheels on my e30 iX,
                      front 7 1/2J*16H2-ET20 and rear 9J*16H2-ET15
                      What spacers, and tyres?
                      thanks.
                      Rears are too aggressive IMO. For a 16x9 on an iX you want +20 to +30.

Comment

Originally posted by defe3088 View Post
                        205 50 16s or 205 45 16s?
                        Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post
                          OK this might get complicated. Collecting all my suspension parts and wheels and its almost complete. Its a late model touring with Ground Control E30 5 lug swap kit up front. Z4 rear hubs pressed into the e30 trailing arms which I have been told move the hub out 2.5mm but I dont know if the GC kit changes anything up front. I have 17x8 ET38 wheels. What is the best tire size to use with out rubbing and not that much of a stretch and what spacers would I need. Its going to be lowered for street driving but nothing ridiculous. Thanks
                          Ask GC first. I'm unsure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravosa View Post
                            Whoops didn't realize I forgot to specify. It's a 91 so late model. I'm hearing 195 40 is a small tire but I do want a little stretch. So maybe 205 and a smaller sidewall than 50?
                            205/45 also works fine and doesn't look silly like the 195/40.

Comment

Apex Arc-8 (17x8 ET25) running Toyo R1R 245/35 tires, any fender rolling to be worried about? Car is on AST coil-overs and lowered ~2" (I think, car is new to me so I'm estimating...). I definitely don't want the car any lower, if it makes the fitment work I am happy to raise the ride height a bit. Car is an 89 325is if it matters.
                              Last edited by cbr; 03-16-2016, 03:05 PM. Reason: forgot to add the car yr/etc

Comment

Thanks Jay I was wondering when you were going to show. Appreciate all the help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                                IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Working...
                                X