Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i bought ix weeves when i had my ix, now i have an 87 i. I tried to put the ix weeves on the i and it hit the front strut towers. These are ix offsets and im not sure what size of spacer i would need and how safe it is to use them on a daily. I need to figure this out fast as i have my studs on still and its now past the removal date here in oregon, and dont want or need a ticket. Please help. Tires are 205/55/r15
    CBAKE
    86 Eta (sold)
    88 325ix (sold)
    87 325i

Comment

Not really a fitment question, just how a tire will fit on the rim question.

I'm throwing together a 91 GTi for my wife as a surprise birthday present and need to get tires for the 16x7 wheels. OE rolling diameter is 22.6, I was looking at (recommended by local VW shop) 195/50r16 or 205/45r16. I know they both will be slightly larger in diameter than stock but which would be better for the car?

I know it's a dub in question but I figure I'd get a better response here than stretch dubs anonymous.

Thanks
      09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
      05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
      87 BMW 325is
      a few bicycles

Comment

Hey there guys I have a question....

I have brought wheels to fit my 1989 318i done a 5 lug swap running e30 m3 front struts....In the back using a e30 m3 hubs but don't know a good coilover system that works...(and don't know if I'm going to make it a true system as well)

As for wheel specs ill be running 18x8 in the front with 20mm offset and in the rear 18x9 24mm offset...doing a brake upgrade as well but don't know what to run as well for clearing the rim and performance with my s54 swap

I'll appreciate if you guys can also tell me what's a good size tire to run with them..was thinking of 255/55/18

Diff is a 3.73 lsd with a 420g Getrag 6 speed

CHEERS GUYS

Comment

15x7.5 et 22.5 OZ Fittipaldis

How does 225/45R15 sound?

I miss the old BMW

Comment

Any FIRST HAND experience with 205/60r15 on Euroweaves?

Yes I know they are a larger diameter then stock. Yes I know 205/55r15 is the equivalent size I should run.

Here's my setup. Think I have a chance of making these fit?
            • Euroweaves (15x7 - ET 24)
            • Early model (high rear arches)
            • Mild drop with H&R Sports.
            • 4x 15mm spacers I can run if needed.
            • E90 drop hats in the front, which I can take out.
            • E30 M3 offset CABs (which push the front wheels forward)

I'm ok with mild rubbing at full lock.

Comment

Early model, looking to fit the widest meats possible on my fzero1 fatlaces. 15x8.5 et15 fronts, 15x9.5 et15 rears. Willig to roll fenders, not looking to pull fenders.
              Last edited by Streichholzschächtelchen; 04-05-2016, 01:17 PM. Reason: meatssssss
              Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by cbr View Post
                Apex Arc-8 (17x8 ET25) running Toyo R1R 245/35 tires, any fender rolling to be worried about? Car is on AST coil-overs and lowered ~2" (I think, car is new to me so I'm estimating...). I definitely don't want the car any lower, if it makes the fitment work I am happy to raise the ride height a bit. Car is an 89 325is if it matters.
                Definitely will need a rear roll. Should be fine otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Slippz View Post
                  Ive changed my mind, im definitely gonna put Borbet A on... can i fit it on iX?
                  all wheels 7 1/2 x 16 ET20
                  So, do i need some spacers, and what tire size should i go?
                  Thank you!
                  No spacers, 205/45 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by fenwick View Post
                    17x8 et38 rs348
                    17x9 et50 rs349

With the 18mm adaptors

1986 325e coupe
                    coilovers soon
                    Fits great. 205/40 front 215/40 rear would work, or even 215/40 front 235/40 rear with a fender roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Reubenjd View Post
                      Would 16x8 et35 5x120 wheels work with 18mm adapters? whats the widest tire I could run with rolling, rather not pull the fenders. Also, i am very low.....
                      Yes. 205/45 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by vancity View Post
                        hey Im new here, and im sure this has been answered but I cant find it via the search....

looking at buying a 92 325ic

lowered on h&r/bilstein

I have a set of BBS RM 15x8 ET14

I believe 205/50/15 would be best for this car, question is, will I need spacers and what size spacers should I get?

any pics would be awesome.

thanks!
                        Yep, that fits fine without spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by herrquan View Post
                          Year: '92
                          Model: 325ic
                          Suspension: IE race, Bilstein Sport, IE adj camber plate front, rear subframe with camber / toe adjust
                          Wheel Data: 8x16 et18, 8.5x16 et12, 4x100 cb57.1 widened steelies

Fenders are currently not rolled but am not averse to it.

Do I need spacers to clear?
                          What tire size should I run?

Thx in advance!
                          205/45 all around. Just a rear roll, no spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by charltonward View Post
                            90 325is

Want a meaty tire on the back, on a 16x9 or 16x8, et20 or et0. Which is the best wheel/tire combo, and What's the biggest I can get away with with a good bit of roll and maybe pull?
                            Only one that works with large tires is 16x8 +20. 225/45.

Comment

Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post
                              "OK this might get complicated. Collecting all my suspension parts and wheels and its almost complete. Its a late model touring with Ground Control E30 5 lug swap kit up front. Z4 rear hubs pressed into the e30 trailing arms which I have been told move the hub out 2.5mm but I dont know if the GC kit changes anything up front. I have 17x8 ET38 wheels. What is the best tire size to use with out rubbing and not that much of a stretch and what spacers would I need. Its going to be lowered for street driving but nothing ridiculous. Thanks"

Ok so if my research is right the front is pushed out 12mm on each side and the rear is 2.5mm out with my set up. so 17X8 et38 and I was thinking 15mm rear spacers and roughly 5mm front? and 205/45/17 or 215/40/17? Sorry if this is a little complicated
                              No front spacers and 10mm rear would be perfect. You could run 215/40 as is or 235/40 tires with a rear roll.

Comment

Originally posted by alas View Post
                                Ignorant question: Do calculations change if swapped to m3 suspension?

-E
                                Yes. About 5-7mm wider track per corner front and rear with M3 components.

Comment

Working...
                                X