Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im pretty much a wheel noob. Im looking to buy the rota slipstreams. I believe i want 16's im just not sure what i need for the rest of the sizing. I like the deep dish look and i understand that has to do with offset. So what out of the 16's would i be able to buy without doing any rolling that would give me the deepdish look. Thanks a ton

Oh, will 17's fit without rolling/mods too?
    Originally posted by Mr Watsonsilver
    Im a stright A student
    89 325i (dead)
    89 325is

Comment

Looking into buying a new set of wheels, but i have little knowledge about them. Im looking to buy either Konig Remembers or Konig Supermesh.

Konig Remembers - 20mm Offset

Konig Supermesh - 40mm Offset

What spacers will i need?

Also what tires size would you guys suggest for Daily driving..
      Last edited by apathy; 06-17-2008, 03:11 AM.

Comment

So...

205/45's are a bit small :) And so are 60mm studs!

Front's aren't bad:

Rears - wow, tiny!

Here's the spacers/lugs - see how little the lugs are threaded?

Obviously I shouldn't waste any money/time finding another pair of these tires. What size can I run in the rear that's wider/taller and more common/easier to find?
        Last edited by ethirdy; 06-17-2008, 08:03 AM.
        Originally posted by alpinaclone
        Since the real economy is in the shitter, I say we start our own.

This is how it works; you buy my junk, then I will buy more junk and so on so forth etc. etc. Think of the future of your children and buy my stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
          Hey Jay, I'm thinking of getting these wheels-
          16x8 front et32
          16x9 rear et27
          5x130

My question is, what size adaptor would make these fit best? I would prefer flush with the fenders (mine are slightly flared), but I am not opposed to a little poke. I think H&R only makes 20mm and 25mm 4x100-5x130 adaptors.
          20mm front and rear would be excellent for what you want if they have those.

Comment

Originally posted by graphikg View Post
            What do you mean by this? Are you saying that the 225/50 is a lot wider in the sidewall than the 225/45? Or are you talking about the contact patch being wider. I would think all 225s would be the same width no matter the sidewall size.

One quick question though. would a 225 fit on a 15x7.5 or 15x7? Thanks again guru.
            Yes, in overall width the 225/50/15 R-S2 is a lot wider than the 225/45/15 model. This also goes for 225/50/16 vs. 225/45/16 tires, the "50" models are MUCH wider (and this isn't only exclusive to the Hankook).

The 225 will work on either rim.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmalex View Post
              Im pretty much a wheel noob. Im looking to buy the rota slipstreams. I believe i want 16's im just not sure what i need for the rest of the sizing. I like the deep dish look and i understand that has to do with offset. So what out of the 16's would i be able to buy without doing any rolling that would give me the deepdish look. Thanks a ton

Oh, will 17's fit without rolling/mods too?
              A deep dish has to do with width, offset, and the actual design of the wheel. For example there are 17x8.5" ET20 wheels that have HUGE lips, while others have none at all. It's all on the actual design of the wheel (which is also influenced/limited by the width and offset).

If you want a real deep dish, get a 16x9 ET15 wheel (there are a lot of them) and run 205/45/16 tires. With a reasonably stiff suspension you won't need to touch the fenders. See Tunershop for those. The cheap route is a set of Sportmax 501's, which are 16x8 ET15 with a nice lip. Run those with the same tires, no rolling necessary.

And yes, 17s are no problem. 18's either.

Comment

Originally posted by apathy View Post
                Looking into buying a new set of wheels, but i have little knowledge about them. Im looking to buy either Konig Remembers or Konig Supermesh.

Konig Remembers - 20mm Offset

Konig Supermesh - 40mm Offset

What spacers will i need?

Also what tires size would you guys suggest for Daily driving..
                No spacers for the Remembers, 20mm spacers for the Supermesh.

A 205/50/16 is the same height as stock and will fit without rubbing. A 225/45/16 is the more aggressive option and will also work without any rubbing on those wheel setups.

Comment

Originally posted by ethirdy View Post
                  205/45's are a bit small :) And so are 60mm studs!

Obviously I shouldn't waste any money/time finding another pair of these tires. What size can I run in the rear that's wider/taller and more common/easier to find?
                  Seriously, how many threads are still sticking out once you have the wheels on? I remember Blackforest back in the day stating that the 57mm stud kit was good for 15mm spacers. I'd assume that they left 2mm for error, meaning your setup would work.

The two real options for proper height are 205/50/16 and 225/45/16, and neither are really that common.

BTW, your photo url's still show your old username. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    20mm front and rear would be excellent for what you want if they have those.
                    I searched some more and the 20mm ones that I found were home made. How bad would the rear poke with a final offset of 2? Could I still run 215's, or would I need 205's?
                    And to make the fronts poke the same amount as the back, could I run spacers on top of the adaptors, or would I just need to get larger ones?
                    Byron
                    Leichtbau

Comment

No spacers for the Remembers, 20mm spacers for the Supermesh.

A 205/50/16 is the same height as stock and will fit without rubbing. A 225/45/16 is the more aggressive option and will also work without any rubbing on those wheel setups.

When you say more "aggressive" Are you talking about a bit of a stretch?

Oh yea, Thanks for all the help!

<3 r3v!!

Comment

A deep dish has to do with width, offset, and the actual design of the wheel. For example there are 17x8.5" ET20 wheels that have HUGE lips, while others have none at all. It's all on the actual design of the wheel (which is also influenced/limited by the width and offset).

If you want a real deep dish, get a 16x9 ET15 wheel (there are a lot of them) and run 205/45/16 tires. With a reasonably stiff suspension you won't need to touch the fenders. See Tunershop for those. The cheap route is a set of Sportmax 501's, which are 16x8 ET15 with a nice lip. Run those with the same tires, no rolling necessary.

And yes, 17s are no problem. 18's either.
                        You are freaking awesome, thanks!

EDIT: ok i just saw those sportmax rims you sugested, i love them! I was reading on e30tech and a guy said he had to roll his a bit to fit. Im confused now =[
                        Last edited by Schmalex; 06-18-2008, 10:23 AM.
                        Originally posted by Mr Watsonsilver
                        Im a stright A student
                        89 325i (dead)
                        89 325is

Comment

Seriously, how many threads are still sticking out once you have the wheels on? I remember Blackforest back in the day stating that the 57mm stud kit was good for 15mm spacers. I'd assume that they left 2mm for error, meaning your setup would work.

The two real options for proper height are 205/50/16 and 225/45/16, and neither are really that common.

BTW, your photo url's still show your old username. :p
                          The pics with the stud recessed in the lug nut is with the wheels mounted - there's maybe three threads of the lugnut holding the wheel on, and that just doesn't seem right. The thread should be through the nut or at least flush with it, right?

205/50 still seems like it would be too short/too narrow, so I guess 225/45 is a better option. I'll poke around and see what I can find.

Old username? I don't know what you're talking about.... :)
                          Originally posted by alpinaclone
                          Since the real economy is in the shitter, I say we start our own.

This is how it works; you buy my junk, then I will buy more junk and so on so forth etc. etc. Think of the future of your children and buy my stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                            I searched some more and the 20mm ones that I found were home made. How bad would the rear poke with a final offset of 2? Could I still run 215's, or would I need 205's?
                            And to make the fronts poke the same amount as the back, could I run spacers on top of the adaptors, or would I just need to get larger ones?
                            It depends on how much you worked your fenders. Because I can't see them I'd say go with a 205/45 in the back.

You can run spacers on top, but it would be a lot simpler to just buy larger ones.

Comment

Originally posted by apathy View Post
                              When you say more "aggressive" Are you talking about a bit of a stretch?

Oh yea, Thanks for all the help!

<3 r3v!!
                              No, aggressive meaning more tire.

And you're welcome. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Schmalex View Post
                                You are freaking awesome, thanks!

EDIT: ok i just saw those sportmax rims you sugested, i love them! I was reading on e30tech and a guy said he had to roll his a bit to fit. Im confused now =[
                                You'd have to roll your fenders with any wheel if you run a big enough tire.

With what I suggested (the 501 with a 205/45/16 tire) you won't have to do anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X