Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

these are the sizes they come in.
    4x100, 16x7" +40, 45, or 48mm offset
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

So I've had a change of plans. 18racing is out of the black slipstreams so I think I am going to go with a 15x7 since I can't find another 16x8 I like that is inexpensive (and light 17's are expensive). I am leaning towards the Team Dynamics Pro Race 2 with a 25mm offset. 3 questions:

Is the 205/50/15 RT-615 still the best option to run on this wheel?
      Anything more aggressive that is drivable on the street?
      How much grip would I lose compared to the 225/45/16 KDW on a 16x8?

Comment

What's the difference of having a wheel with the rec e30 hub bore size (57.1) and another size such as 73.1 or 83.2? Is there a major disadvantage?

Comment

isnt the hob bore size the size of the whole in the center of the rim?
          if you have the wrong hub bore size the rim wont fit over the hub with out a spacer or something... i think
          sigpic
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by graphikg View Post
            What's the difference of having a wheel with the rec e30 hub bore size (57.1) and another size such as 73.1 or 83.2? Is there a major disadvantage?
            Just means you need hubcentric rings.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
              will these fit on my 318i?
              16' rota slipstream rims
              http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/pts/726034807.html
              Not without big spacers. The only 16" Slipstreams that will fit are sold by 18racing.com. 16x8 ET20 57.1mm.

Comment

Originally posted by Jugdish View Post
                So I've had a change of plans. 18racing is out of the black slipstreams so I think I am going to go with a 15x7 since I can't find another 16x8 I like that is inexpensive (and light 17's are expensive). I am leaning towards the Team Dynamics Pro Race 2 with a 25mm offset. 3 questions:

Is the 205/50/15 RT-615 still the best option to run on this wheel?
                Anything more aggressive that is drivable on the street?
                How much grip would I lose compared to the 225/45/16 KDW on a 16x8?
                The RT-615 is still a great choice, but you could also run the 225/50/15 Hankook R-S2. It's a good bit meatier, although I couldn't say for sure which will be faster (I've had both exact tires and sizes and while the RT-615 has much better feedback and response I think the R-S2 is just as fast if not faster around a course due to the extra rubber).

Compared to the KDW you'd be losing accel/braking traction with either 15" tire. This is due to the loss of width on the RT-615 and the massive void area on the R-S2 (they truly suck for dry braking).

But honestly, any of those 3 setups will be a lot of fun and competive with any street-tire E30 if driven right. They're all good choices.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                  Just means you need hubcentric rings.
                  What he said. Made-to-fit E30 wheels like old BBS stuff and the newer custom pieces like Team Dynamics and 18racing.com Rotas have an edge because you never have to worry about a ring failing (or even finding them in the first place), but the fact is the vast majority of non-OEM wheels on E30s today have oversized bores.

Comment

Me again lol. So I changed my wheel choice(to another Work). They will be 17x8 et25 instead of the previous 17x8.5(same et). Should I still go with the 215/40 Azenis?

Comment

Thanks again. Another quick question, can e30s fit wheels that are of 15-18 offsets at the rear and front? If they do, I would need to have 195 45s and nothing bigger than 215 40s right? Thanks.

Comment

the slip streams i got just fit. almost 0 clearance between the strut housing in the front and the rim. but drivable. im just sticking in some 8mm spacers.
                        sigpic

Comment

ACS Type I reps in 15x6.5 et 35 I have 15mm spacers available and Im running 215/60/15 tires (lol monster truck). Havent tried them on yet. Fenders are NOT rolled (yet).

Opinions? (Besides take it off roading )
                          sigpic
                          Mein E30 ist so langsam es schmerzt.

Comment

Originally posted by PaT_e30 View Post
                            Me again lol. So I changed my wheel choice(to another Work). They will be 17x8 et25 instead of the previous 17x8.5(same et). Should I still go with the 215/40 Azenis?
                            Interesting you should ask this.

I have some 17 x 8 ET 25 Works CR Kais on my car right now. It all depends on your goals for the car.

You can go as big 235/40 with that wheel. I had originally purchased the Works for that purpose, but now I may go with 215/40s all the way around and space the wheels out ~5mm in the front ~10mm in the back to get the "hellaflush" fitment.

This will give you an idea of 17 x 8 ET 25, 215/40s are on the front and god awful 225/45s are on the back for the time being.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by PaT_e30 View Post
                              Oh, nice. You can get 235/40/17 RT-615s on there with a basic fender roll front and rear. That's huge.

Even easier would be a 235/40/17 BFG KDW2. Their shoulder shape is a lot more forgiving, and they're almost as sticky as the RT-615 anyways. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by graphikg View Post
                                Thanks again. Another quick question, can e30s fit wheels that are of 15-18 offsets at the rear and front? If they do, I would need to have 195 45s and nothing bigger than 215 40s right? Thanks.
                                They can fit things with a -60 offset if the wheels are skinny enough. :p

Give me a wheel diameter and width.

Comment

Working...
                                X