Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Have the hub bore opened up to 57.1, which I'm sure you know just didn't post.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
      Lowtec 60/50Kit
      Vorshlag Camber Plates
      16x9 Borbet A's
      ET15
      205/40's?

I'm trying to be creative because I don't have tons of money to work with. And I don't want to wait forever saving.

Will I be hella flush? SUPER down and out? Or am I just going to have to go with coilovers? I've seen egk2 do it without coils and his setup was sick.
      You'll need 5mm spacers to clear the front struts.

205/40/16s are the easiest tire size to fit, but I'd probably go with a 205/45/16 just to not have such a tiny overall diameter. You'll probably need a very minor rear fender roll, but there's a chance you'll get away with nothing.

Flush is subjective, but just look up any car on 16x9s and decide if you like it, then figure out if they are running rear spacers (many do, to even out the F-R stance).

Comment

Originally posted by 3two8eye View Post
        I have a 91 318is with G/C 400f/475r coilovers. I would like to put 16x9 et15 schmidts on the car.
        From reading I have figured out that I need a 5mm spacer up front. Is that enough to need longer bolts?
        Can I stretch 205/50s on 16x9 or is that not advisable. Or should I use 215/??
        Will these fit with a simple roll, will 205/50 fit without a roll? Thanks in advance.
        Similar answers to previous inquiry, 5mm spacers and yes, longer bolts.

205/45/16 is recommended for someone who wants to avoid fender rolling. It may still touch under certain conditions, depending on the stiffness of the suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by 3two8eye View Post
          I asked because i currently have 205/50s that are near new. What is the correct 215 size?
          205/50 streched on a 9" will look very odd. 215/40/16 is preferred size for that wheel if you want to use 215s (I still recommend the 205's I just talked about).

Comment

Originally posted by mops View Post
            Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm a bit confused.

I have a chance to buy set of 17x9 offset 15.

will these fit front and back ? with stretched tire 215x40x17 or 215x45x17 or (please advise)....

from what i read here rear should fit OK, but front might tit strut, might need few mm spacer, but then might not be able to turn wheels all the way cos they will rub....

I've never heard of such a wheel, sounds awesome. It should just barely clear the front struts, but you may have an issue when you mount a tire (if it has large "lips" on the wheel edge it may touch the strut). Worst case scenario: cheap universal 3mm spacers, which don't even need longer bolts. Cost? $20 or less.

Even a 215/40/17 is going to be a tough fit with those wheels. If you're scared of paint cracking from fender rolling, go with 205/40/17 tires. This will still be close enough to the fenders to warrant a mild roll.

Comment

Originally posted by DSP74 View Post
              I'm looking for a set of 17x10's or 18x10's in 6" backspace. I can use the HnR adapters to bring them to 5" backspace and zero offset.

I'd really lke to find something from BMW.....What size/offset are e46 m3 wheels?

May also consider a 16x9 too.
              For the record, a 10" wide wheel at 5" backspacing is ET-12 and at 6" backspacing is ET+12. 5.5" is ET0.

E46 M3 rears are 18x9 ET22 IIRC. E36/7/8 M Roadster / M Coupe rears are 17x9 ET8, E86 M Coupe rears are actually 18x9 ET30. I think that last one would be a good setup to start with, although for an all-out auto-x car it doesnt make much sense.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
                Any forseen fitment issues on a set of redrilled BBS rs' from 4x114.3 to 4x100 with a hub center bore of 56 and a et17 in 15x6.5?

These would be going on a 1990 325i with H&R OE sport springs. So a very mild drop.

Anything else I need to look for a the redrill, they did say they were done at a CNC shop for them.

TIA

EDIT --- I can tell I would have to rebore the centers already... damn
                The bases are mostly covered, but I'd do a test fit on the front to make sure they clear the calipers. RS' don't have much caliper clearance to start with, and with that width/offset combo there won't be much room in there.

Of course, problem #1 with this idea is that until you bore out the centres you can't actually get the wheel on the car. Unless that's a GREAT deal, I'd probably walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  For the record, a 10" wide wheel at 5" backspacing is ET-12 and at 6" backspacing is ET+12. 5.5" is ET0.

E46 M3 rears are 18x9 ET22 IIRC. E36/7/8 M Roadster / M Coupe rears are 17x9 ET8, E86 M Coupe rears are actually 18x9 ET30. I think that last one would be a good setup to start with, although for an all-out auto-x car it doesnt make much sense.

These would be my street wheels........I'm going with a 15x10 for autox wheels.
                  sigpic

88 325is

Comment

Originally posted by DSP74 View Post
                    These would be my street wheels........I'm going with a 15x10 for autox wheels.
                    Then I'd probably go with something much prettier, like 18x9.5 ET25 rear M Parallels all around.

Comment

I recently bought 16x7 ET20 with 225/50x16 mounted. My 87 ETA has Bilstein Sport & H&R Sport springs... Aside from replacing it with 205/50x16, are there any other options?...If I roll my fenders, whats the guarantee for no rubbing? thank you.

Comment

BBS MODA SPORTS ET35 16X7.5 ???? Cant find any pics in a search ?? Im thinking 10mm spacer w/ 205/50's. Will it work ?
                        [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
                          I recently bought 16x7 ET20 with 225/50x16 mounted. My 87 ETA has Bilstein Sport & H&R Sport springs... Aside from replacing it with 205/50x16, are there any other options?...If I roll my fenders, whats the guarantee for no rubbing? thank you.
                          No other options, they will NOT work. 225/45/16 is a choice though.

Comment

Originally posted by expressfish View Post
                            BBS MODA SPORTS ET35 16X7.5 ???? Cant find any pics in a search ?? Im thinking 10mm spacer w/ 205/50's. Will it work ?
                            15mm spacer, and anything up to and including a 225/45/16 will work.

Comment

No other options, they will NOT work. 225/45/16 is a choice though.
                              Thank you, thats what I thought... As for the Wheel Expert's view, what size of tire would you recommend?

Comment

Then I'd probably go with something much prettier, like 18x9.5 ET25 rear M Parallels all around.
                                At a 9.5 I'd need less of an offset to fill the flares....
                                sigpic

88 325is

Comment

Working...
                                X