Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to ask again but I don't remember fitment...

What is the widest tire I can run on a 15x7.5 +20 ET, 88 325is with rolled fenders?

Comment

Originally posted by bimma360 View Post
      Ok how about this one...

Looking at 15" BBS RS's 001 in 4x100. The original offset was +25, but since then lips have been added to make the front 15x8 and the rears 15x8.5. I know this changes the offset.... but how we looking on a fitment for an e30? 205/50/15 for tires ok?

Dave
      15x8 ET12
      15x8.5 ET6

That's pretty aggressive. With heavily rolled fenders 205/50 is a good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by bwh13 View Post
        What is the widest tire I can run on a 15x7.5 +20 ET, 88 325is with rolled fenders?
        225/50/15. You'll need to do some moderate rolling, it'll be a tight fit.

Comment

Ok so i'm looking at some BBS RM's for a pretty decent price... and i would really like to pull the drigger on this. They are 15x8 with an original offset of 33 i think, but since the addition of the lips to bring them to 8" the offset is what... 14mm. I'll be looking to use the same tires as mentioned before... 205/50. How much fender rolling are we talking abuot here?

Thanks
          Dave

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          15x8 ET12
          15x8.5 ET6

That's pretty aggressive. With heavily rolled fenders 205/50 is a good choice.
          E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by bimma360 View Post
            Ok so i'm looking at some BBS RM's for a pretty decent price... and i would really like to pull the drigger on this. They are 15x8 with an original offset of 33 i think, but since the addition of the lips to bring them to 8" the offset is what... 14mm. I'll be looking to use the same tires as mentioned before... 205/50. How much fender rolling are we talking abuot here?

Thanks
            Dave
            Yeah, ET14 or so. A flattened lip will be enough with those. If you're scared of getting too aggressive, a 195/55/15 will be a better choice.

Tire sizing is funny, a 205/50/15 on a 8" rim is like 9.0" wide in section, while a 205/45/16 on a 8" rim is only 8.4". Much harder to fit 15s on these cars. Even the 195/55/15 is still 8.8" wide (WAY wider than the 205 16" setup).

Comment

I'm looking at an unusual set of turbo-style rims 15x6.5 with an et18, would i have any problems with fitment? would spacers be necessary? i probably would just run 195/60/15's.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by r75 View Post
                I'm looking at an unusual set of turbo-style rims 15x6.5 with an et18, would i have any problems with fitment? would spacers be necessary? i probably would just run 195/60/15's.

thanks
                Just about perfect fitment, they'll actually sit pretty nicely with that offset despite being only 6.5" wide.

195/60/15 is a good choice, 205/55 will fit also (no rolling with either).

Comment

Lowtec 60/50Kit
                  Vorshlag Camber Plates
                  16x9 Borbet A's
                  ET15
                  205/40's?

I'm trying to be creative because I don't have tons of money to work with. And I don't want to wait forever saving.

Will I be hella flush? SUPER down and out? Or am I just going to have to go with coilovers? I've seen egk2 do it without coils and his setup was sick.

Comment

I have a 91 318is with G/C 400f/475r coilovers. I would like to put 16x9 et15 schmidts on the car.
                    From reading I have figured out that I need a 5mm spacer up front. Is that enough to need longer bolts?
                    Can I stretch 205/50s on 16x9 or is that not advisable. Or should I use 215/??
                    Will these fit with a simple roll, will 205/50 fit without a roll? Thanks in advance.

Comment

red, without spacers you will not be "hellaflush."

3two8eye, use a 205/45. And yes you need longer bolts when you use spacers. Turner Motorsports sells longer bolts that you can choose based on the size of your spacer.
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

3two8eye, use a 205/45. And yes you need longer bolts when you use spacers. Turner Motorsports sells longer bolts that you can choose based on the size of your spacer.
                        I asked because i currently have 205/50s that are near new. What is the correct 215 size?

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

What kind of spacers should I expect to be made? anywhere from 5-11?

Or should I just go for 0 offset wheels. It also depends on the wheel width right?

Comment

Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm a bit confused.

I have a chance to buy set of 17x9 offset 15.

will these fit front and back ? with stretched tire 215x40x17 or 215x45x17 or (please advise)....

from what i read here rear should fit OK, but front might tit strut, might need few mm spacer, but then might not be able to turn wheels all the way cos they will rub....

Comment

I'm looking for a set of 17x10's or 18x10's in 6" backspace. I can use the HnR adapters to bring them to 5" backspace and zero offset.

I'd really lke to find something from BMW.....What size/offset are e46 m3 wheels?

May also consider a 16x9 too.
                              sigpic

88 325is

Comment

Any forseen fitment issues on a set of redrilled BBS rs' from 4x114.3 to 4x100 with a hub center bore of 56 and a et17 in 15x6.5?

These would be going on a 1990 325i with H&R OE sport springs. So a very mild drop.

Anything else I need to look for a the redrill, they did say they were done at a CNC shop for them.

TIA

EDIT --- I can tell I would have to rebore the centers already... damn
                                Last edited by atomic; 07-31-2008, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X