Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm pretty sure both of them were running spacers in those pics, but I'm not sure what size.

In any case, to make something similar to the 16x9 ET15 standard fitment, you'd need ET02. This should work with 195/45/16 tires.

Jay

Comment

hey jay, will 15x7 et 25 fit a 89 325is with bilstein and h&r sports without rolling the fender? will 205/50/15 rt-615s fit? also if i wanted to go 15x8 what offset would i need?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        I'd need the offset of the rear first. But yes, 17x10 is possible in the rear with rolled fenders and very stretched tires (225/35/17).

Jay
        ET20 on the 17x10s
        Originally posted by blunt
        i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty sure both of them were running spacers in those pics, but I'm not sure what size.

In any case, to make something similar to the 16x9 ET15 standard fitment, you'd need ET02. This should work with 195/45/16 tires.

Jay
          Thank You! also, the fronts will be a 16x6 until i can swap them out for two more 8's they will also have the 195/45's on them, if i wanna be tucking the front a tiny bit, what offset would you shoot for? (my fenders will be completely rolled)

Comment

Originally posted by Cream View Post
            hey jay, will 15x7 et 25 fit a 89 325is with bilstein and h&r sports without rolling the fender? will 205/50/15 rt-615s fit? also if i wanted to go 15x8 what offset would i need?
            Yes.
            Yes. No rolling.
            ET20.

Bonus: Those wheels will take 225/50/15 without a problem too. Although RT-615s are so good that no 225 will be more capable anyways.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
              ET20 on the 17x10s
              That's what I wanted to hear. Stick to 225/35/17 and you can get them on there.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by E30trash View Post
                Thank You! also, the fronts will be a 16x6 until i can swap them out for two more 8's they will also have the 195/45's on them, if i wanna be tucking the front a tiny bit, what offset would you shoot for? (my fenders will be completely rolled)
                LOL, for the 16x6's? ET00 will let them tuck under with some room to spare. You can go lower for sure though, but it depends on how much space you've made under there.

Jay

Comment

Will a 205/45/17 fit with the following rim spec on my 1989 325i?
                  thanks,

Rim Material:
                  Alloy
                  Tire Type:
                  All-Season Passenger

Rim Width:
                  7J
                  Tire Width:

Rim Diameter (inches):
                  Aspect Ratio:

Offset:
                  Load Index:

Number of Bolts:
                  Speed Index:
                  V: max 240 km/h

Bolt Pattern:
                  4 x 3.93 or 4 x 100
                  DOT:
                  --

Rim Brand:
                  BBS
                  Tire Brand:
                  Dunlop Tires

Rim Structure:
                  Two Piece

Comment

Yes.
                    Yes. No rolling.
                    ET20.

Bonus: Those wheels will take 225/50/15 without a problem too. Although RT-615s are so good that no 225 will be more capable anyways.

Jay
                    Thank You! :o

Comment

Originally posted by stormspike View Post
                      Will a 205/45/17 fit with the following rim spec on my 1989 325i?
                      thanks,

Rim Material:
                      Alloy
                      Tire Type:
                      All-Season Passenger

Rim Width:
                      7J
                      Tire Width:

Rim Diameter (inches):
                      Aspect Ratio:

Offset:
                      Load Index:

Number of Bolts:
                      Speed Index:
                      V: max 240 km/h

Bolt Pattern:
                      4 x 3.93 or 4 x 100
                      DOT:
                      --

Rim Brand:
                      BBS
                      Tire Brand:
                      Dunlop Tires

Rim Structure:
                      Two Piece
                      Those sound pretty. The bad news is you'll need spacers, big ones. 25mm would be ideal.

Jay

Comment

Yeah, most rims made for Civics will fit with 15-20mm spacers. The ones you mentioned would be better with 15mm and 215/35/18 tires.

I have no idea what's available in 4x100 18-19". There is a tiny portion of the E30 market that wants that big of a wheel.

Jay
                        Awesome! Thanks Jay.

OK, I checked into the 19"'s and there are some available but they all look ricer. The other problem is the overall diameter of the 19" wheel will be almost an inch larger than stock. I am unsure the wheels will fit but the 18s with 215/35/18 is almost the same diameter as stock. Also, the ones I have narrowed down to is only available in 18t. I have also been looking at wheels that fit 97 VW Jettas. So now my next question is what is the widest tire I can fit in the back? I know that the front will be 18 x 8 with 215/35/18. What is the widest I can do in the rear? Obviously, I am looking to put the widest tire in the rear for grip!

The car is in the shop and is getting repainted, so I can roll, even moderately widen the front and rear fenders.

Comment

Will they look wierd with the spacers? Will I need to get rolled fenders, etc? They are off a Mini Cooper and look fairly cool. I was on tirerack and saw some cool BBS wheels. I dont know what to do. 16" or 17". What are some great wheels?

Comment

Sportmax 962/006/009 17x9 et35 (Yeah yeah yeah, i know Sportmax's, but I'm saving up to buy a house and at least they aren't 002's)

I know there will be some serious fender rolling and pulling, the car I'm trading for has H&R's and Bilsteins.

What size spacers would I need to use to get the right stance? 10-15mm front, 15-20mm rear?

What would the appropriate tire size for:
                            Stretched:
                            Not stretched:

Still haven't decided if I would want the stretched look on my own car, sometimes it looks really good, others it doesn't. Plus I'm not sure how it affects spirited driving.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Hey Jay- another hypothetical wheel question.

16x8 et 18, wrapped in 215- or 225-45-16. Sounds to me like it would work pretty well, very close to a slipstream fitment... but how much fender wrangling might be necessary on a late model?

Thanks!

other J.
                              Jay

Comment

Originally posted by passdanachos View Post
                                Awesome! Thanks Jay.

OK, I checked into the 19"'s and there are some available but they all look ricer. The other problem is the overall diameter of the 19" wheel will be almost an inch larger than stock. I am unsure the wheels will fit but the 18s with 215/35/18 is almost the same diameter as stock. Also, the ones I have narrowed down to is only available in 18t. I have also been looking at wheels that fit 97 VW Jettas. So now my next question is what is the widest tire I can fit in the back? I know that the front will be 18 x 8 with 215/35/18. What is the widest I can do in the rear? Obviously, I am looking to put the widest tire in the rear for grip!

The car is in the shop and is getting repainted, so I can roll, even moderately widen the front and rear fenders.
                                Hmmm, I answered your PM.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X