Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    15x8, 225/45

ET20?
    :yawn:

Comment

I have been looking for rims for a while...
      i have found this and i personally dont think they look too bad (especially for the $). not sure of the offset, i am going to check them out on saturday to see what it is.

1. what offset would i need for it to fit?
      2. will the tires fit right for that size rim?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Comment

Originally posted by Omaliyo View Post
        Adapters
        I'd go with 20mm front and 25-30mm rear adapters then. 195/50 tires, or similar.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRooster View Post
          offset 15.. also whats a good tire size?
          You can run the 16x9 all around with 3mm spacers on the front. They won't need longer bolts. You can also add 8-10mm spacers on the back to even out the fitment, but those will require longer bolts.

I recommend 205/45/16, or 215/40/16. You may need a slight fender roll in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
            Thanks for the lead on the DWS's i would have completely skipped over them.

tire rack has them in 225/50 for the rear, but for the front i can run 205/45, 50, or 55. would the 205/45 look funny on a 8.5 wide wheel? the car will be very low on ground controls, so i'm not worried about wheel gap, i'm more worried about a tire too big, or too mismatched to the rear tire.

I'm going to ask my local tire guy about these conti's so hopefully i don't have to wait 6-12 weeks for tire rack.
            Yeah those DWS' are fascinating tires. They are faster around a wet track than a dry one!

If you're going with the 25" tire for the rear, you're going to want to keep it close at the front. 205/55 would be that. That's still a tall tire though, so you may want to back it down to a 205/50. It'll be your call on that.

Comment

Originally posted by v8fc3s View Post
              I have been looking for rims for a while...
              i have found this and i personally dont think they look too bad (especially for the $). not sure of the offset, i am going to check them out on saturday to see what it is.

1. what offset would i need for it to fit?
              2. will the tires fit right for that size rim?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
              You'd want the offset between 20-25 for a stock-like fitment. 95% chance those wheels are somewhere around 40 though, so you will need to factor in the price of spacers and bolts...and that pretty much doubles the purchase price of the wheels.

As for tires, 205/55 is the proper stock size.

Comment

Will 215/45/17s, all the way around, fit with BBS RF 17x8 et19.
                or should I go with 215/40/17, all the way around?

I have h&r springs, and bilstein shocks and the spring pads were shaved.

Thanks in advance.
                1991 318IS

Comment

OK so I want to get a bit better stance with my car
                  16x7 Alpina's et 28
                  215/45/16 all around Falken Azenis
                  Running GC's w/ camber plates, 87 is w/ euro bumpers

What size spacers front and rear should I be looking at to get the wheels a bit more flush, not looking for stanceworks stretch and poke shit just a bit more filled and aggressive, hook me up!!

Comment

GC Spring Rates for Staggered Setup

So I've been stalking/researching this thread for quite a while now and can't seem to find everything I totally need for my '91 318is.

I've picked up some ESM wheels in the 16x7.5 ET20 (205/45/16) and 16x9 ET10 (215/40/16) fitment and need some help with the spring rates on Ground Control coilovers without modifying the perch with Bilstein Sports. This is my daily driver and I was looking at spring rates of 350F/475R, but i'm not sure if that's right? I'd rather be a little soft on the ride than be overly hard.

What spring rates do you recommend to keep the wheels out of my fenders? Will I need camber plates too or will I have enough adjustment range with the OEM setup?

Thanks in advance, this is great work you do here.
                    Last edited by thehapakid; 01-11-2010, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Will 16x7.5 et 19 and 225/45s work without rolling?

Adam

Comment

Could i get a 16X8 at et -2 in the back with a 205/45 on an early model with fenders rolled flat? I have them at et 3 and still have some space and want to go out further.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwsone01 View Post
                          Will 215/45/17s, all the way around, fit with BBS RF 17x8 et19.
                          or should I go with 215/40/17, all the way around?

I have h&r springs, and bilstein shocks and the spring pads were shaved.

Thanks in advance.
                          Go with 215/40. 215/45 is a very tall tire for an e30.

You'll also likely have a slight rub on the rear if you didn't roll your fenders yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky View Post
                            OK so I want to get a bit better stance with my car
                            16x7 Alpina's et 28
                            215/45/16 all around Falken Azenis
                            Running GC's w/ camber plates, 87 is w/ euro bumpers

What size spacers front and rear should I be looking at to get the wheels a bit more flush, not looking for stanceworks stretch and poke shit just a bit more filled and aggressive, hook me up!!
                            10mm front 15mm rear spacers would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by thehapakid View Post
                              So I've been stalking/researching this thread for quite a while now and can't seem to find everything I totally need for my '91 318is.

I've picked up some ESM wheels in the 16x7.5 ET20 (205/45/16) and 16x9 ET10 (215/40/16) fitment and need some help with the spring rates on Ground Control coilovers without modifying the perch with Bilstein Sports. This is my daily driver and I was looking at spring rates of 350F/475R, but i'm not sure if that's right? I'd rather be a little soft on the ride than be overly hard.

What spring rates do you recommend to keep the wheels out of my fenders? Will I need camber plates too or will I have enough adjustment range with the OEM setup?

Thanks in advance, this is great work you do here.
                              Springs rates have little to do with ride quality actually. It's the dampers and tires that do the majority of the work. And with the Bilsteins, things will be pretty rough no matter what spring rate you go with.

Because of the aggressive rear offset, I'd go with 400/550 or similar. That's probably at the upper limit for what the dampers can handle, but I'd still shoot for that level of tension.

You won't need plates or anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw320e21 View Post
                                Will 16x7.5 et 19 and 225/45s work without rolling?
                                Yes on an early model, extremely close on a late model. Would come down to what springs it's running.

Comment

Working...
                                X