Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

225/40/17 is a hard to find size. I think only one company makes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
      225/40/17 is a hard to find size. I think only one company makes it.
      Could I get away with a 225/45 R17? You were right about that other size being hard to find, I spent a few minutes searching and all I found was Hoosier.
      sigpic

Comment

I know I'm ridiculusly late, went on vacation and didn't get a chance to alert the board beforehand. Not that I feel bad though, lying on the beach was the one place I stopped thinking about wheels/tires...for maybe an hour at a time. :p

Now to get to these replies...

Comment

Originally posted by Boosted E30 View Post
          5-lug e30 with e36 m3 front and e30 m3 rear possible to fit 17x8.5 et13 all around? If so what tire size? possible 225/35/17
          Not a chance in the front, the wheel would be half way outside the fender.

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
            16x10 in the back, whats the highest offset I can run before I hit the trailing arm/spring perch?
            +13 is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by constructor View Post
              Jay,

I have two options that I want to try and would like to know what issues I might run into.

Car is an E30 convertible lowered on GC coilovers, low rear arches, fenders will be rolled.

Option 1:
              16x8 ET12 225/45/16

Option 2:
              16x7 ET-2 205/50/16

Thanks in advance!
              Both will require extensive fender rolling, but with stiff enough spring rates (say, 600+ rear) you should be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by omar85 View Post
                ok wheel guys. I am trying to pick up a set of 15x9 -6 with a rim depth of 107mm. they are the same size all around. will i need a spacer anywhere? And, if someone has some pictures of something similar in size on an e30, even if it is 16x9, that would be appreciated.

right now i have 15x8 et0 (sportmax) and they are slightly sunk so i think this new fitment will get rid of any sunkness.
                That's REALLY aggressive. If you're willing to try it out, go for it. There were a couple guys running 10-15mm spacers on 16x9 +15 setups (I think fuzz and alpinee30m52, both are spelled wrong, both did it at some point with type t's and a's).

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                  this thread is a mess, and its pretty hard to search through, someone should put together a table.

anyhow i am looking for some wheels/tires for my 86 (full fender wells in rear) right now im considereing the LTW5s which are 15x7 et25. this will be used mostly on the street but possibly some dual duty (until i can get a second set of wheels). Id like to get as much tire on the ground, obviously, since im going to swap the 3.0l stroker into this car. recommendations please.

Thanks
                  There is a table, that Rob Levinson of UUC fame compiled from my answers.

As I always suspected though, it in itself became a mess. My answers are tailered so specifically to each question that a simple table cannot accurately represent my knowledge. There are over 10 variables to consider, organizing these into a readable table would be impossible.

225/50/15 is a piece of cake on those wheels. No rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by johnwoo View Post
                    225/45/16 16x8 +17 offset will they fit?
                    Heavy fender rolling, front and rear. Less intense on a early model.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                      Any problem using BfGoodrich tires from 2005 production?
                      I'd do it, as long as you burn them up within a year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
                        Just bought new wheels, they are 15x7 ET18. I was planning on using 205/55R15 tires on them. I'm runnig H&R Sports and Billstein Sports on an early model (high arches). These should be fine without any fender rolling or other craziness right?

I don't have the wheels in hand yet, but I would like to get some rubber coming so I can get everything together asap...
                        Yup, should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasE30 View Post
                          16x9 Et 8,215/40 or 45?
                          16x10 Et 8,225/40 or 35?

in another note, 16x7 et 33. They wont fit front without ??mm spacers? 16x8 et 33 in rear?

Doesn't mind little poke and little work on fender
                          215/40 or 205/45 front and 225/40 rear.

16x7 +33 should actually just barely clear. With tires that have broad shoulders though, they could touch. As little as 3mm of spacing is safe. 16x8 +33 is fine in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by iliescu2
                            I have a clearance question. I want to build a set of RSs and care more about the barrel than the lip at this moment. Does anyone know the maximum backspacing you can have on the front and rear? I want to know the maximum size barrel that I can run, as I've found a few that are 6"-8".

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
                            Backspacing depends on width though, so you kind of have to juggle both simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
                              My qustion still stands. I wanna order rubber this week...

15x7 ET18 on a high-arched early model with H&R Sports and Billstein Sports. I'm planning on using 205/55R15 tires on them. These should be fine without any fender rolling or other craziness right?
                              In addition, anyone think I could get 225/50s on there without rubbing?
                              225/50 will work on an early model, but it will be very close. I wouldn't guarantee you won't have to slightly roll the rear fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolia View Post
                                I'm trying to figure out if these would fit ?

Hankook Ventus R-s3 in 225/45R15 on 15x8 rims with +20mm offset.

Back spacing is 5.31in

On a 318is with Eibach Race with Bilstein strut.

Thanks
                                Will fit without issue. The tire is wide, but because they are about an inch undersized you will clear just fine.

Should be fun, I like my 225/50 RS-2 +20 setup. :D

Comment

Working...
                                X