Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How will a 15x7 et16 w/ 195/60/15 fit with a drop?

Im trying to get an idea of what is considered low to moderately low offset for E30s.

thank you
    -Nick
    Originally posted by 87e30
    First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

I haven't needed tires for a long time. So Any suggestions?

This is for my '08 civic. Need them to be good in the rain and last longer then the 22k miles the OEM's did. I don't need performance tires (its a civic) but like to take corners here and there spirited.

Maybe Falken 912's or 512's? I had Arizonians (from discount tire) on my vert and they did well in rain/snow/sleet and normal conditions.
      Last edited by Mastrcruse; 05-18-2010, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the information earlier... I ummed and ahhed about what wheels to get, then last night I picked up some BBS RM012's with a 2.5" lip and a 3" lip, meaning that I'll have 15x8.5 et8or9 up front, and 15x9 et2.25 out back!

The question is what size tyres would you deem suitable I was thinking 205/50/15s up front and 215/50/15 out back? I'm imagining my arches need to be flared to fit the wheels and tyres too?

The car is lowered 60/40.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hello Jaymaster.

16x8 all around.

Front: offset 24.
          Rear: offset 11.

My concern is spacers and such. What will I need to make these work? Or will they just not?

Thank you!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

^ what kind of fitment do you want? put a 3 or more up front and you shouldnt have issues clearance wise

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              ^ what kind of fitment do you want? put a 3 or more up front and you shouldnt have issues clearance wise
              Flush with fender. I consider yours to be flush with fender if I remember what you fitment looks like.
              Not going to be running beefy tires either. Again, flush or super small stretch.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

E36 question, but Jay you're the man :D 3 differing options right now, any help appreciated :D

18x9/10" ET33

17x8/9" ET37/45

18x9/10" ET32

Tein coilovers.

Spacers required at all? How much rolling and flairing? Stretch?

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

depending on camber 20mm up front, 12 or 15 out back with some good rolling should be nice, with 205/45 16s since i know youll be low

Comment

I just picked up some C4 corvette wheels. 16x8.5" 32mm and I'm going to be using 18mm or 20mm adapters. What's the meatiest tire I could run without fender mods, for 18mm or 20mm adapters? Thanks so much.

I'm not too low at all, there's a pretty good gap up front, less of a gap in back. 1991 E30 318is for reference.
                    sigpic

Comment

hey i have a few questions. Im pretty new at this whole wheel and tire deal so i admit i dont know much. I really want some 17" wheels. I found some DRAG DR-19 wheels that are 17x7.5" I really like the look and the price is pretty good for me since im a college kid. It says that the offset is 42mm. I am just wondering if there is anyway i could work with that offset and what i would have to do to make them fit. I want 17's that will fit pretty flush with the fenders. Im not a really big fan with having the wheels poke out. I also think that the tires that would look pretty good on them would be 215/45/17. would that tire size work pretty good without giving it the "stretched" look?

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer_E30 View Post
                        one more question...

Looking to get some 16X8's with et15....what tire size i should run to avoid any rubbing issues? late model sitting on Tockico or whatever shocks and springs.

So wanting to close the wheel gap with out having to lower the car more, also still having little stretched look on them.

thanks!
                        205/45 is the common size, but 205/50 should sit better with your wheel gap concern.

Comment

Originally posted by BeemerBuyer View Post
                          Hey Mystikal,

I have a set of IX weaves 15x7 et41.
                          My question is how much can I space them out with IE3s? 25mm too much?
                          Im currently running 195/60/15. I want them as flush as possible.

Thanks
                          You can do more than that even. 25mm front 30mm rear would be very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by kpgli84 View Post
                            re-----16x9 et 15

i cant find anything decent in a 225/40/16. would i be better off going with a 215/45/16?

i just dont want a whole lot of stretch. are the 225/45/16 definately not going to work?

how about a 245/35/16?
                            Yes.
                            Definitely not.
                            Not a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRival View Post
                              someone local has a set of sportmax XXR 513 wheels for sale, its a staggered setup.

Rears are 15x8 ET0

Fronts are 15x7 ET18

I am currently on Eibach springs and bilstein shocks. will this set up work on my 89 325is?
                              "Work" is subejctive. The rear wheels will be poking completely outside of the fenders, require a severe roll/pull, and never really fit properly. Meanwhile the fronts will be sunken into the fenders.

Some people do it, but to me that isn't right.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
                                I haven't needed tires for a long time. So Any suggestions?

This is for my '08 civic. Need them to be good in the rain and last longer then the 22k miles the OEM's did. I don't need performance tires (its a civic) but like to take corners here and there spirited.

Maybe Falken 912's or 512's? I had Arizonians (from discount tire) on my vert and they did well in rain/snow/sleet and normal conditions.
                                Rank the following, most to least important:
                                Dry Traction
                                Wet Traction
                                Snow/Ice Traction
                                Hydroplane Resistance
                                Noise
                                Ride
                                Steering Reponse
                                Treadwear
                                Price

Right off the bat I'll tell you the 512/912 won't be optimal if you're worried about treadwear. I'll get you into something suitable though, just list those out.

Comment

Working...
                                X