Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys.
    I'm looking to get a set of these original O.Z. (not sure of the type) for my E30 and I have a few lip and tech questions. They are 4x100 7x15 ET30 all around, 30 bolt

1) were they made 2pc or are they 100% 3pc? Seller isn't sure. I'll probably ask him to blow out one of the tires just to make sure.
    2) Can I use BBS lips on them? ET30 is too hidden, I have 7x15 et13 on the car right now. They have 1" lips, so I was thinking changing to 1.5" front and 2" rears. If my calculations are correct, the result shoud be front 7.5x15 et18 and rear 8x15 et05.
    I think that would be just right.
    3) What would you recommend for painting the bolts black during the change?

Any thoughts?

Comment

New idea/setup 16x8.5 et19 they are 5x120 so I need adapters likely from
      e30Rob so I can either chose between 20mm or 25mm

Car is on H&R sport + e90 drop hats and IE 25/22mm sways if it matters.

Possible? What tires?

thanks
      Charley

Comment

Picking up a set of ARE 16x9.5 wheels ET34. going on an e30 with stock m3 springs on a 89 325is. what size adapters do i want to get the most wheel inside of the fender?

Comment

would it look retarded to have 16x8 et20 with a minor stretched tire?
          ]

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
            Hey guys.
            I'm looking to get a set of these original O.Z. (not sure of the type) for my E30 and I have a few lip and tech questions. They are 4x100 7x15 ET30 all around, 30 bolt

1) were they made 2pc or are they 100% 3pc? Seller isn't sure. I'll probably ask him to blow out one of the tires just to make sure.
            2) Can I use BBS lips on them? ET30 is too hidden, I have 7x15 et13 on the car right now. They have 1" lips, so I was thinking changing to 1.5" front and 2" rears. If my calculations are correct, the result shoud be front 7.5x15 et18 and rear 8x15 et05.

Any thoughts?

If they are really OZ, they should be 3pc. Also, they should be able to use BBS lips as some OZ did, but coulnt the number of bolts on the lip

Comment

Would this set up work on a E30 M3

acs type 1 3 piece
              FRONT: 9"x17", offset 6mm
              REAR: 10"x17", offset 19mm

If so do i need to roll fenders and what's the proper tire setup?

If not what can i do to make this fit? Thanks

Comment

jay u rock thanks for the help buddy, am so happy with my wheel fitment!
                Originally posted by e30e
                lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Okay so i sold the Schnitzers i recently picked up, decided they werent my thing, and got some Hartge 1-Pieces instead on thier way.

16x7.5 et25, currently rocking a 205/55R16 tyre.

Am i going to have to invest in some new tyres or can these be made to work? I do like chunky tyre. car is dropped on HR Sport-Cups (2.1F/1.7R), with adjustible camber and toe both front and rear and M3 CABs

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    If they are really OZ, they should be 3pc. Also, they should be able to use BBS lips as some OZ did, but coulnt the number of bolts on the lip
                    So they're home now. Really like 'em. Wish they were 16" but that's almost impossible at the price.
                    I've done some studying, they're original OZ Racing Vega (MSW) 3pc. A google search on this model brings up some scarce info. Seems they're more rare than BBS, probably because they only made a small amount of them. The BBS RS lips (also 30 bolt) fit, but not the other way around, since the OZ ring is about 1mm less inner diameter, iow the BBS lip on OZ will probably make a tiny 1mm space and the OZ lip would not fit on BBS centers. Though these are mostly guesses because I havent found anyone that actually did the BBS-OZ lip swap.
                    I'm dealing with some guys from germany about the lips and center caps (also fit from BBS) so I'll post up some info later.

Comment

So they're home now. Really like 'em. Wish they were 16" but that's almost impossible at the price.
                      I've done some studying, they're original OZ Racing Vega (MSW) 3pc. A google search on this model brings up some scarce info. Seems they're more rare than BBS, probably because they only made a small amount of them. The BBS RS lips (also 30 bolt) fit, but not the other way around, since the OZ ring is about 1mm less inner diameter, iow the BBS lip on OZ will probably make a tiny 1mm space and the OZ lip would not fit on BBS centers. Though these are mostly guesses because I havent found anyone that actually did the BBS-OZ lip swap.
                      I'm dealing with some guys from germany about the lips and center caps (also fit from BBS) so I'll post up some info later.
                      I was just too lazy to count, if it is 30 hole it should work. I havent done it myself, but ive heard it done before

Comment

Jay, I just got my tires mounted, they're 205/45/16 Parada Spec-2's on 16x7.5 wheels, and they'll be at ET15. My rears aren't rolled yet, and I'm really worried they're going to hit. Am I going to be ok?

Comment

Originally posted by 91 318is View Post
                          17x8 ET 46 multi peice wheels. Need adapters for 5x120 to 4x100. I'd like to get wider lips on them, is it possible to make these work with adapters? If so, what size? What about breathing room to change lips out for bigger one's? Is it possible? Right now they have 1.5" lips.

Thanks dude!
                          Although they make adapters right down to 18mm, stick with 20. That 2mm is needed to clear the struts.

17x8 +26 is what you'll end up with. At that point, you can run up to 235/40 tires with issue. If you want to widen the wheels, you will have to run stretched tires.

17x8.5 +20
                          17x9 +13
                          17x9.5 +7

Those are all valid fitments, but you need to tell me how aggressive you want it (i.e. how much fender work or tire stretching you can handle).

Comment

Originally posted by BeemerBuyer View Post
                            Thanks!
                            You didn't suggest a tire size... but I currently have 195/60/15s mounted. Is that what you were referring to?
                            Ah. Yes that'll work.

Comment

I am thinking of 15in Hartges, 15x7 et26

I am on H&R sports. I would run 205/55 BFG Tires. I would assume the front would be just fine but I was wondering if I could run 15mm spacers in the rear to bring it to et11 WITHOUT rolling the rears.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Hey guys.

Any thoughts?
                                Don't know any of the wheel info or bolt painting.

Your offset caluclation is off though, you're looking at 15x7 +6 and 15x8 +0. That's extremely aggressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X