Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't find it anywhere so...
    17x8 et22
    What size spacers if needed?
    Originally posted by IRON-E
    Skirtz are for zeh womenzzzz....

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      That straight up does not fit an E30.
      Lol, for sure. I am looking for a flush set up (not hella flush!). Semi stretched tires. What would you recommend for as much lip as possible without super stretched tires with a 9" wide wheel? Front and rear? Thanks!

Comment

Question:

Vehicle is a late-model 325is...

Looking at wheels that are 15x8 et15. I hate the stretched tire look... going for the beefcake tire look instead. Car will be lowered somewhere near the height of H&R Race springs. I'm willing to do some fender rolling, but I'd rather not start pulling. Non-staggered (square) setup.

Could I get a 225/50 to work? If not, what tires would work? Would I be better off going with a 16x8 et20? Prefer the 15's...

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Staggered set of wheels I found locally, onto my 91 318is....
          16x9 et 15 out back and 16x7.5 et 35 for the front
          '91 318is, S50 swap, Bilsteing/H&R race, Recaro SRD, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Eydreeyun View Post
            e36 m3 suspension/318ti rear
            Wheels: 16x8.5 et39 & 16x9.5 et 27
            Fenders are rolled and on BC coilovers 550/650
            Would 205/45/16 front 225/40/16 work?
            Any spacer should I use?
            With pulled rear arches, yes. No spacers hopefully, you might need something small for the fronts but I can't say for sure.

How about 16x8 et 45 & 16x9.5 et 27
            Tires: 205/45 front 215/45 in the back, Still on e36 m3 suspension
            How's the rear going to look?

Comment

Originally posted by alfie View Post
              i want to run xxr 531 16x8 et0 an i was hoping to run a 225 45 16 is that possible? would you say its a bit extreme for a daily? i drive a late model sedan and am willing to do fender work if need be. thanks for the help.
              Not even close. Stay away from 0 offset wheels, to run 225s you need +20 or higher.

Comment

Originally posted by pyrofire127 View Post
                Thanks for the quick reply!!

Yeah I'm doing the Rx7 brake swap and didn't want to grind it down too much, I'll see if they are really needed once i get it all put on.
                But also ESM says for the 002R the stock brakes either have to grind them a little or run 5mm spacers. and maybe a set on the back to level it out?

Can i fit anything bigger than that? like a 215/45, 205/50 or 215/50? Where do you think i would hit my limit with the stock fenders?
                225/45 fits no problem with a rear fender roll. If you're after grip then 205/50 Dunlop Z1 or 215/45 Kumho XS.

Comment

Originally posted by gnarlycreature View Post
                  Im on kw v2's

* 3-piece Schmidt Revolution Modern Line wheels
                  * 16x9
                  * Staggered ET 21 Front, ET 8 Rear
                  * Toyo Proxies T1-S 215-40-16 all around.
                  * VERY LOW

You suggested 10-12mm spacers for the front. Is this the most aggressive I can run?

What do you recommend for the rear?
                  Yes, even when front 16x9s are hugging the struts as the 10-12mm spacer will do they poke out the fenders slightly. No more spacing. For the rears you may want to add a 5mm later if you roll the fenders well and want that little bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwcalvin View Post
                    Couldn't find it anywhere so...
                    17x8 et22
                    What size spacers if needed?
                    No spacers that's damn ideal. 215/40 all around without rolling, 235/40 all around with just a rear roll.

Comment

Originally posted by LrgSoup View Post
                      Lol, for sure. I am looking for a flush set up (not hella flush!). Semi stretched tires. What would you recommend for as much lip as possible without super stretched tires with a 9" wide wheel? Front and rear? Thanks!
                      You pretty much have to stretch tires to fit a 9" wheel on an E30. My most commonly suggested tire for a 9" wheel is 205/45 on 16x9 (perfect fitment IMO). Not a crazy bead-showing stretch but still very noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by mulletman View Post
                        Question:

Vehicle is a late-model 325is...

Looking at wheels that are 15x8 et15. I hate the stretched tire look... going for the beefcake tire look instead. Car will be lowered somewhere near the height of H&R Race springs. I'm willing to do some fender rolling, but I'd rather not start pulling. Non-staggered (square) setup.

Could I get a 225/50 to work? If not, what tires would work? Would I be better off going with a 16x8 et20? Prefer the 15's...

Thank you in advance.
                        You'll be limited to 205/50 realistically. 225/50 would be extremely aggressive and likely wouldn't work without pulling. 225/45 has a damn good chance though now that I think about it more.

16x8 +20 on the other hand is ideal. 225/45 all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by madsedan View Post
                          Staggered set of wheels I found locally, onto my 91 318is....
                          16x9 et 15 out back and 16x7.5 et 35 for the front
                          Sound like Borbets. Needs at least a 20mm front spacer to fit properly, I'd actually suggest a 25mm bolt-on type if budget allows. 195/45 F 205/45 R.

Comment

Originally posted by Eydreeyun View Post
                            How about 16x8 et 45 & 16x9.5 et 27
                            Tires: 205/45 front 215/45 in the back, Still on e36 m3 suspension
                            How's the rear going to look?
                            The rears will be poking while the fronts will be sunken way in. If you're subtracting lips that's the opposite of your problem, it's the inner barrel that's too large.

Comment

You'll be limited to 205/50 realistically. 225/50 would be extremely aggressive and likely wouldn't work without pulling. 225/45 has a damn good chance though now that I think about it more.

16x8 +20 on the other hand is ideal. 225/45 all day long.
                              Ah, so that extra 5mm is too much? Dang. Thanks for the reply.

How much pulling would be required? Front or rear, or both? Tires would likely be Falken 912's, if that helps. I seem to remember reading that some Falken tires run a bit small for their labeled size... although I have no first-hand knowledge.
                              Last edited by mulletman; 06-25-2012, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Hi, new to this forum. Wheel specs are: 15x8.0, et12 (front) and 15x8.5, et6 (rear). Would 205/50/15 be ok and will the guards require rolling? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X