Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does this sound?

Late model on GC coils

Front:

16x8.5 et12 205/45

Rear:

16x8.5 et7 205/45

Thanks!

Edit: What about with 225/40's all around?
    Last edited by lambo; 02-11-2013, 06:02 PM.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I'm a complete wheel/tire noob, absolutely no real idea about how it works. I did a quick search for the setup I plan to run, but wasn't able to find much info.

Car is late model, GC coils shortened 1" with 525# front and 750# rear rates

I've got a set of e34 17x9 and 17x8 style 5's (don't have any other specs for the wheels at the moment) that I'm planning to run. What size adapters should I run and what size tires? Hoping to do as little fender work as possible.
      320I - under construction

Comment

Originally posted by smerfs View Post
        I'm a complete wheel/tire noob, absolutely no real idea about how it works. I did a quick search for the setup I plan to run, but wasn't able to find much info.

I've got a set of e34 17x9 and 17x8 style 5's (don't have any other specs for the wheels at the moment) that I'm planning to run. What size adapters should I run and what size tires? Hoping to do as little fender work as possible.
        I dont know the answer Kent, but that will look baller if you can minimize the stretch. Pics when it's done!
        1990 332i, 4 door
        2008 KTM 990 Superduke
        2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
        2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
        2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

For the following setups please keep in mind I am running DTM fender flares.

Car: 1988 325is - Turbo charged SBF with a tremec tr-3550 - Coilovers 550F/650R 1" dropped strut tubes

Wheels - 17x9.75 et 25+ (squared)
          Tires 255/40/17 or 275/40/17 Haven't decided on the tires yet.

What am I looking like for rear spacing? What will I need?

Thank you wheel guru!
          sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

How close are VW MKIII fitments to optimal e30 fitment? Looking at a set of

16x7.5 and 16x9 f/r
            on 195/40r16 and 215/40r16 Yokohama S.Drive

I think offsets are et25 and et15 front/rear.

Comment

E30 vert early model /e30 m3 5 lug swap/bilstein and H&R sport for vert and possibly drop hats.
              Wheels are 7.5" x 16" et40, 5x120. Tires size needed? Would I need spacers?
              Last edited by GT BMW E30; 02-15-2013, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaE View Post
                195 on a 8 inch rim??!! how stretched is that!!???
                Home of the worlds largest collection of Tyre Stretch and Stance photos

Alloy Wheel & tyre fitment calculator - it calculates inset, poke, speedo error, tyre stretch and loads more.

For anyone else reading, those links are extremely valuable if you haven't browsed them by now.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                  How does this sound?

Late model on GC coils

Front:

16x8.5 et12 205/45

Rear:

16x8.5 et7 205/45

Thanks!

Edit: What about with 225/40's all around?
                  205/45, yes. 225/40 won't fit the rears.

Comment

Originally posted by smerfs View Post

18mm adapters, 195/40 F, 205/40 R (or 205/40 x4), rear fender roll. Lots of stretch necessary to fit those.

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                      For the following setups please keep in mind I am running DTM fender flares.

Car: 1988 325is - Turbo charged SBF with a tremec tr-3550 - Coilovers 550F/650R 1" dropped strut tubes

Wheels - 17x9.75 et 25+ (squared)
                      Tires 255/40/17 or 275/40/17 Haven't decided on the tires yet.

What am I looking like for rear spacing? What will I need?

Thank you wheel guru!
                      You'll need big front spacers to clear the struts. 9.75" requires -3 effective offset or lower, so like 30mm. Not ideal. The tire sizes you're looking at are also incredibly tall and will be impossible to fit without rubbing.

There is a point of diminishing returns. I'd suggest 17x8 ARC-8s wrapped in aggressive 235/40 or 245/35 rubber for a functional setup.

Comment

Originally posted by dmessent View Post
                        How close are VW MKIII fitments to optimal e30 fitment? Looking at a set of

16x7.5 and 16x9 f/r
                        on 195/40r16 and 215/40r16 Yokohama S.Drive

I think offsets are et25 and et15 front/rear.
                        The Dubs run 10-20mm higher offsets typically. Those Borbets (tell me I'm wrong!) would look best with 20mm front spacers and none in the rear. You can re-use the tires for now but I'd suggest 195/45 as a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by GT BMW E30 View Post
                          E30 vert early model /e30 m3 5 lug swap/bilstein and H&R sport for vert and possibly drop hats.
                          Wheels are 7.5" x 16" et40, 5x120. Tires size needed? Would I need spacers?
                          Those wheels are suitable for the plebeian E36 5-lug swap crew. You have something more, something that they would kill for. You can run much, much lower offset (see: dish or concavity) wheels from 5/6/7/8 series cars, literally thousands of gorgeous low-offset choices to pick from. Put the 16" +40s down and buy something worthy of your hubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                            Most 225/45/16s will fit with just a basic rear fender roll. May I suggest the Dunlop ZII.
                            Thanks, that what i wanted to know. I will be going with the bigger tire then.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              Those wheels are suitable for the plebeian E36 5-lug swap crew. You have something more, something that they would kill for. You can run much, much lower offset (see: dish or concavity) wheels from 5/6/7/8 series cars, literally thousands of gorgeous low-offset choices to pick from. Put the 16" +40s down and buy something worthy of your hubs.
                              dude......... do not say that.
                              these

on this

Comment

hey guys i'm trying to figure out my setup for my e30....its going to have bilstein b12 pro kit i think lowering of 30\30 (not sure) and i wann buy ronal aero wheels..specs are 16 \ 7,5 wide and et 38.... my question is...can i run this setup with no fender rolling ...i dont want it to look like crap under the fender... can someone post pictures with these wheels or with similar setup...thanks and i hope i can get an answer ...:D

sasha

Comment

Working...
                                X