Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DELPHINtimecapsule View Post
    Hi,
    Car is early model "is" with E30 M3 springs/Bilstein sport
    Question about Tires for rear wheels that will be 15x8 et12:
    Would you think there would be any rubbing with 225/50? What about 205/55?
    Thanks
    Would rub with either. 205/50 fits.

Comment

Originally posted by tntomek View Post
      Thanks, will 225 45 not fit in rear? rolled fender? a 225 is still stretched on 9", does that not reduce sidewall height? Just curious why you said 40s, I'm new at this and any input helps. I think 16's look good but I like a bit of rubber to reduce gap. I plan to sit about H&R race low.
      Because there isn't enough space. Stretching does not affect diameter.

Comment

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment T...

Originally posted by bumada View Post
        It doesn't look like it has that much camber but it looks great. What kind of tires and do you have a picture showing how much stretch the tires have?

I'll get you a picture of the stretch and camber wear. Both front and rear are a nice stretch, not over the top.

Tires are
        205/40/16 Falken Azenis 615k
        215/45/16 Federal SS-595

Switching to Federal 595 RSR in front since they are $80 vs $110 for the Falkens. the Federals are tread wear 180 AA and falkens are 200 AA so they should have similar grip.

The SS-595 is a great rear tire with good grip for $70. Horrible in the wet though. And even worse as a front tire. I'm gonna keep running them on the rear though.

Comment

Ok cool. This will determine if I want to go with a 16x9.5 or 16.9. Not many tire choices at 215/45.
          1989 325i S50 swapped
          2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

89 S54 Powered 325is Coupe
            HR Touring Cup Kit
            BBS RC304 17x8 et 38
            Nasieg 5 lug kit

Want it to be aggressive, but it is a daily driver. Rear fenders rolled flush. Suggestions please!

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
              Would rub with either. 205/50 fits.
              Currently I have 15x7 et25 on rear w 205/55 and no issues. So with the same tire on the new wheels I'm looking at fender rub due to offset/width and not diameter?

Comment

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment T...

Originally posted by bumada View Post
                Ok cool. This will determine if I want to go with a 16x9.5 or 16.9. Not many tire choices at 215/45.

Also keen eye from Mystikal. The car is 5 lug swapped with e30 m3 hubs and front spindle sleeves. so offset is changed in front and rear. Hubs are pushed out in the back ~2mm and 12mm in the front. Also running 3mm spacers in front to clear the brakes. effectively making the wheel offsets:
                16x8.5 et -02
                16x9.5 et 17

Here are pics of the stretch in the front

This is the camber wear

Also I have rear camber adjusters and the fenders are rolled. The tire just barely grazes the upper fender inside. Credit card gap. I think you may need rear camber adjusters to fit an equivalent 16x9.5 et 17 wheel
                Last edited by pandaboo911; 05-13-2015, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Thanks! I pretty much know what I'm going to do know.
                  1989 325i S50 swapped
                  2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    225/45
                    Thank you.

I got it close.. I have brand new 225/50s in the garage.
                    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

So I want to get a set of Rota Grid-V wheels in a 16x8 et0 size. The problem is the et0 only seems to come in a 67.1 hub bore, and I need 57.1 obviously.

I found these hub centric rings, http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2200627/?...FUOVfgodnxEAhA. But I've read a few places that plastic rings will melt after any sort of track time. My car is mostly a daily driver, but I still like to take it to the track every once in a while.

Anyone have any experience with these? I'm kind of set on the look of the Rota Grid-V, and I definitely want it in 16x8, but I just can't find that size with et0 and the right hub bore size.

Comment

Not sure about those hub rings. The ones on my lemons car are so hot after a session you can't hold them for more than 2 seconds when you change the wheels. I would assume they are made of a high temp plastic but I certainly would not run them on track

Comment

That's what I was afraid of, they don't seem like they'd hold up. So I guess my move should be to get a set of these wheels at et10 and use a 10mm hub centric spacer, right? Seems like that'll be a stronger setup for track time.

Comment

Extended lugs

So I'm fitting 16x8 e38 style 5s to my e30. Getting them redrilled to 4x100 and using 10mm spacers all around. The wheels are et23 and after spacers will be et13. I heard I will need to get extended lugs and was wonder if anyone knew what specs the lugs should be. Thread size and length. Hoping to get my car fitted for bimmerfest on May 23 and was hoping someone could answer asap. Couldn't find amything when searching. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by redreda1313 View Post
                              So I'm fitting 16x8 e38 style 5s to my e30. Getting them redrilled to 4x100 and using 10mm spacers all around. The wheels are et23 and after spacers will be et13. I heard I will need to get extended lugs and was wonder if anyone knew what specs the lugs should be. Thread size and length. Hoping to get my car fitted for bimmerfest on May 23 and was hoping someone could answer asap. Couldn't find amything when searching. Thanks!
                              Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

This should have all the information you need! Looks like you'll need 57mm studs minimum to clear the 10mm spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by 95///M3 View Post
                                89 S54 Powered 325is Coupe
                                HR Touring Cup Kit
                                BBS RC304 17x8 et 38
                                Nasieg 5 lug kit

Want it to be aggressive, but it is a daily driver. Rear fenders rolled flush. Suggestions please!
                                I'm not familiar with the 5-lug kit. Specs please.

Comment

Working...
                                X